Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

oh boy super 17

get hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Blockhouse posted:

oh boy super 17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjjZGyYcH9E

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
It's getting an OVA?! :swoon:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
We're playing the messiah of the DBZ universe? Literally being summoned to the world by a wish from Shenron? This is starting to sound like mary-sue fanfiction.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Covok posted:

We're playing the messiah of the DBZ universe? Literally being summoned to the world by a wish from Shenron? This is starting to sound like mary-sue fanfiction.

The first big commercial literally shouts at the viewer "The hero is Goku? NO, THE HERO IS YOU!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKgU26GDeZk

This is the tone the game is going for. And it is glorious.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

quote:

"Due to the increase of evil in the universe, Trunks summons the messiah"
DBZ be gettin' weird :stare:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

StrifeHira posted:

The first big commercial literally shouts at the viewer "The hero is Goku? NO, THE HERO IS YOU!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKgU26GDeZk

This is the tone the game is going for. And it is glorious.

Sounds better than the stuff I've seen from those other games, where it looks like you make a character just for them to be saved by Goku.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

Welcome to video games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Covok posted:

Did you miss the part where the basic concept is that you're a super-awesome personal-created character who is summoned to help in Dragonball Z's most dire moments?

Basically anything licensed property with a create-a-character mode is Fanfiction In A Nutshell.

Caros
May 14, 2008

So this is basically the Infinite Dragonflight meets dragonball Z? You know what? I'm okay with that. I have no doubt the game is going to Mary Sue your Create a character, but at the end of the day I am surprisingly okay with that considering that at least this game is trying something new rather than just having us replay the same story that has been portrayed in dozens of games by this point.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I can see why Arale isn't in this game because she would have to be stronger than your character, canonically.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
I'm totally creating the character from the fan-fic I wrote 15 years ago

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
lol at anyone who isn't going to make future saiyan Yajirobe.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Covok posted:

Dragonball / Saint Young Men crossover

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

16 Generations after Dragon ball Krillin Jr. is born, the strongest in the universe, The strongest there is, was, and ever will be.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 17, 2014

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
Doesn't help that the promo player character looks like the ultimate in terrible fanwank design with red hair + piccolo cape + trunks jacket + scouter it's kind of too much.

Still, hyped as gently caress, wish this came out when I was 12.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Tarodia posted:

I'm totally creating the character from the fan-fic I wrote 15 years ago

This unironically. The game is pretty much build from the ground up to facilitate this, so I might as well go full hog.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

In Ultimate Tenkaichi's character creator, I made a short, british pony-tail super saiyan. It was the only part of that game I liked. The loading time is why I never finished it (that, and the combat system. Ugh)

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Kurui Reiten posted:

Did anyone ever explain why SSJ4 isn't yellow/golden? You have to become a giant golden ape first to turn into it, it's another level of something that is consistently yellow in aura and hair, and it would honestly look a ton better in yellow. Seriously, SSJ3 was already moving towards ape-like/caveman-like with the massive forehead and poo poo, why not just have SSJ4 be taking it the full way?

Also, I think DBGT could have been a lot more fun if, instead of Kid Goku, we got end of DB/start of DBZ age Goku. Depower him to that level, make him the weakest one, and then show him as still the best just because he's that good.

I think the idea behind SSj4 was that it wasn't explicitly a Super Saiyan transformation. Despite what is said in the show, since I prefer to go by what is actually shown in any television show rather than relying entirely on dialogue. And based on what we see, and the circumstances behind its attainment, it is rather a perfect combination of a Saiyans primal strength (which manifests when in Oozharu form) and the Super Saiyan transformation, which when mixed culminates in a form with the power of a Super Saiyan, power stacked with the Oozharu, and then contained in a human-sized body so there is no loss of speed or finesse.

From a certain perspective within the GT canon, the SSj4 can be considered a Saiyans "true" physical form. As its the form they take when they've tapped out 100% of their races transformative potential.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Even if you accept that, though, there is no reason for it to be black and brown, when ever other transformation of a Saiyan until that point was golden.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kurui Reiten posted:

Even if you accept that, though, there is no reason for it to be black and brown, when ever other transformation of a Saiyan until that point was golden.

Their monkey form has brown hair.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Genocyber posted:

Their monkey form has brown hair.

They change into a golden haired monkey to even achieve SSJ4.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
The real answer is they looked that way because it was the 90's.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

Esroc posted:

I think the idea behind SSj4 was that it wasn't explicitly a Super Saiyan transformation. Despite what is said in the show, since I prefer to go by what is actually shown in any television show rather than relying entirely on dialogue.

I'm not sure you know what the word explicit means.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

"Guys this color choice in my Goku anime doesn't make any sense"- Someone with more free time then sense.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

"Guys this color choice in my Goku anime doesn't make any sense"- Someone with more free time then sense.

What can I say? Being between contracts sucks.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
SSJ4 is brown? I thought it looked more pinkish.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A bald super saiyan. I can pretend they're an earthling, and no one has to know.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

A bald super saiyan. I can pretend they're an earthling, and no one has to know.

Golden eyebrows yo

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I always wonder how Super Nappa would look any different.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cerony posted:

Golden mustache.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Cerony posted:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

gently caress Nappa, imagine SS3 Raditz.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I can only imagine something like Sunny from Toriko.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Or cousin Itt from the Addams Family.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I will get this game if and only if I can make a Farmer-with-shotgun lookalike.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Deki posted:

I will get this game if and only if I can make a Farmer-with-shotgun lookalike.

Super Saiyan Farmer-with-shotgun lookalike is what I want.

Try killing him NOW, Raditz!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Raxivace posted:

Super Saiyan Farmer-with-shotgun lookalike is what I want.

Try killing him NOW, Raditz!

No, that is just absurd and terrible.

Farmer-with-Super-Saiyan-Shotgun lookalike is what we really need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Huzzah! posted:

No, that is just absurd and terrible.

Farmer-with-Super-Saiyan-Shotgun lookalike is what we really need.

Does the Super-Saiyan-Shotgun have a level beyond super saiyan?

• Locked thread