Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Spoil the ending, I read like half the series in High school and then was like, uh, that's enough after book 6

Spoiling that would take a long assed time. Go read wikipedia if you really care about the details but the very end is:

Rand defeats the Dark One and through some body swappery (you never got to I don't think) that one forsaken had he got a new body so he died like the prophecy said but he lived anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Spoilers: The good guys win.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

GreenNight posted:

Manu Bennett won't be showing up much on Arrow anymore:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-alum-manu-bennett-star-758852

I'm gonna DVR the poo poo out of that show.

He's playing...Allanon? What? He's playing the (admittedly much younger appearing) Gandalf stand-in?

I like the guy on Arrow, but that being the only thing I've ever seen him in, he seems woefully miscast.

GreenNight posted:

The series is supposedly skipping the first few books.

Just the first one. It's starting with Elfstones of Shannara. Which is a good idea, because, while the entire series is largely a rip off of LOTR, that first book is extremely blatant in it.

Shageletic posted:

EDIT: Did the Wheel of Time end well?

It did, but it's hard to explain everything that happened at the end. That series is one of my favorite fantasy books series of all times, but it's 14 books long that are all around 700 pages long, so it's hard to recommend it to people.

The good guys win, some of them die. Anything more than that, check the wikipedia article if you're curious.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Excellent, now I can not watch it on a whole new channel!

Random Stranger posted:

I'm surprised Disney hasn't shuttered the existing channel and relaunched it, but I guess dealing with all of those cable system contracts is more of a hassle than giving up one hour to the religious right.

Almost certainly, yeah. As it is, Viacom for example comes right up to the wire with negotiations with some carrier or another before their channels get blacked out on a regular basis.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but that's cheating because they only count the Adult Swim hours and not the cartoon network ones.

Cartoon Network and Adult Swim are two separate networks for all intents and purposes, sort of like Nickelodeon / Nick At Nite or Nick Jr. / Nickmom (and formerly Noggin / The N, which became Nick Jr. and TeenNick), and they have been for several years now. It's not nearly the first case of two networks sharing airtime on the same channel and won't be the last, I'm not sure what you consider "cheating" about it.

raditts fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 18, 2014

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

One thing I like about Person of Interest, other than being an excellent show, is it's one of the few shows I watch where I don't need to worry about it being canceled.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm still surprised that MTV is doing the Shanarra series proper instead of just doing the prequel series which is mostly set in the modern day and explains how the world ended up changing.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

GreenNight posted:

One thing I like about Person of Interest, other than being an excellent show, is it's one of the few shows I watch where I don't need to worry about it being canceled.
I dunno man, everyone keeps telling me that show is getting canceled because of many different reasons. Like it hit it's series low last night so clearly it's on the precipice of being canceled, say your prayers, etc.

Those people are pretty stupid though.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

muscles like this? posted:

I'm still surprised that MTV is doing the Shanarra series proper instead of just doing the prequel series which is mostly set in the modern day and explains how the world ended up changing.

It would be about a bunch of ~20 year olds living in a ritzy apartment together, getting drunk and reacting to nuclear bombs and elves and poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lycus posted:

It would be about a bunch of ~20 year olds living in a ritzy apartment together, getting drunk and reacting to nuclear bombs and elves and poo poo.

The prequel book series seems like it would be the perfect fit for a CW show. Its about a lone guy travelling around fighting demons with magic power he has to be careful using (because every time he uses it in the present there will come a time in the future where it won't work.) Also he dreams the future which tells him where to go to stop evil before it happens.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lycus posted:

So Jersey Shore with elves and dwarves not named Snookie?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ravane posted:

Being a Burn Victim Unitarily decided my fate as unappealing, I accept that. However, I maintain that my abstinence, until the age of 18, is nothing short of noble, as others could have chosen to make use of a sex worker.

A. Choosing to abide by the law is not wrong. My mother did not raise an uncultured idiot like yourself.

B. On the contrary, romance novels tend to promote underage sex, as if Aatrek had written them solely by himself. I, on the other hand, believe that sex is an intimate process and should not be discarded to the closest whore or philanderer.

C. This has nothing to do with television, please remain on topic.

Counterpoints

A: No she raised a person that judges people based on nothing. Thanks Momma Bates.

B. Hi Norman

C. Your life is just like Bates Motel and Jane the Virgin.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ravane is the guy who pretended to not know who Alfred Hitchcock was. Even I can tell he's a troll, and a bad one, and I can't even make up my mind on Irish Joe.

Please stop responding to him.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

I just saw this for the first time today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi_0OOQY2t8

I think on paper it sounded amazing but execution just feels a little :effort: I think it works when it gets really weird, but it plays itself far too straight.

EDIT:
Ok this is perfect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjZRWNg8k_M

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 18, 2014

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Rocksicles posted:

Counterpoints

A: No she raised a person that judges people based on nothing. Thanks Momma Bates.

B. Hi Norman

C. Your life is just like Bates Motel and Jane the Virgin.

What the gently caress kind of response is this? How is my life anything like Jane the Virgin?

thrawn527 posted:

Ravane is the guy who pretended to not know who Alfred Hitchcock was. Even I can tell he's a troll, and a bad one, and I can't even make up my mind on Irish Joe.

Please stop responding to him.

If we're being completely honest, I lied about pretending not to know who Alfred Hitchcock was, to save face for my apparent ignorance. I had no idea who he was, though I had heard of Psycho. My first time watching a Hitchcock film (Psycho) was indeed March of this year. I haven't watched any other films of his because Psycho really wasn't that great. I actually haven't been trolling at all, you guys just get mad at my actual opinions.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ravane posted:

If we're being completely honest, I lied about pretending not to know who Alfred Hitchcock was, to save face for my apparent ignorance

lol ravane ur an idiot

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kay

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ravane posted:

What the gently caress kind of response is this? How is my life anything like Jane the Virgin?

If we're being completely honest, I lied about pretending not to know who Alfred Hitchcock was, to save face for my apparent ignorance. I had no idea who he was, though I had heard of Psycho. My first time watching a Hitchcock film (Psycho) was indeed March of this year. I haven't watched any other films of his because Psycho really wasn't that great. I actually haven't been trolling at all, you guys just get mad at my actual opinions.

Ravane posted:

Annoyingly transparent? More like cisparent. Some people on here still think I have no idea who Hitchcock is despite my numerous blatant and intentional mistakes. Some even believed that I actually thought Schindler was not real. I've been lying my rear end off since I got here. I'm practically opaque.

But, and this may just be because I haven't slept in 63 hours and still have one more final (no sleep tonight either), I have decided to stop trolling. It takes significant forethought and effort pretending to be pedantic and ignorant at the same time. This is, of course, a relatively reliable method of trolling in a thread whose members are fervently knowledgeable in a specific subject. Bravo to those of you who doubted me the entire time.

:viggo:

Edit vvv: aww kid, your jealousy is showing. Did you read the part where I said I was being obvious on purpose? It's what led to half the forum talking about how I was trolling and the other half arguing that I wasn't a troll. Several pages of discussion (about moi) leads me to think that the trolling worked.

God, you suck.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

MrAristocrates posted:

God, you suck.

Yes, that entire paragraph was a quickly hashed out lie. Good job finding it! :)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Brilliant! looks like a very goony Christmas this year... "no tv, hate world, revenge soon, take out on everyone"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ascension finale spoiler one of the main characters was teleported to alien world by psychic "star child."

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Ravane posted:

The virgin part

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Marco Polo is trying so hard to be Spartacus. Blind kung-fu master, emporer's naked sister killing three armed dudes, beheadings everywhere. Might end up being pretty good if they just keep bringing the crazy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Ascension finale spoiler one of the main characters was teleported to alien world by psychic "star child."

Mothergently caress.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

I'm curious to see this trainwreck in its entirety now. Dead serious.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Wandle Cax posted:

The virgin part

oh gently caress, that's right.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sober posted:

I'm curious to see this trainwreck in its entirety now. Dead serious.

Isn't this the same show people were slamming SyFy for cancelling production and running it as a mini-series?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You can tell that production was cut somewhere in the middle because the first couple of parts have a large focus on a young couple and then the last hour they barely appear. All in all there were some interesting ideas but it feels like someone at Syfy has a bug up their butt about evil secret corporations between this and Helix.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Siffy tried really hard to remind us about Battlestar. Tricia Helfer looks exactly the same.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

Siffy tried really hard to remind us about Battlestar. Tricia Helfer looks exactly the same.

Tricia Helfer losing out to Lena Headey for Cersei is a decision I'll never understand.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I thought it was hilarious how they kept on showing us Tricia Helfer's butt but it was extremely obvious that it wasn't actually her.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Party Plane Jones posted:

Tricia Helfer losing out to Lena Headey for Cersei is a decision I'll never understand.

Tricia Helfer looks too well adjusted to play Cersei. Headey is crazy in real life, so she's perfect for the role of a drunk loon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Headey was probably willing to work for way less.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Trish be making those fat syfy rolls.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uh Lena Headey is really good as Cersei?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Also great as Sarah Conner.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

Headey was probably willing to work for way less.

I do not know. At that point she had her own tv show and was in 300.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Headey was as big a name as Helfer when they were casting GoT.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was a joke about her being super broke and willing to do anything.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hcreight posted:

Uh probably 10 times as big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

hcreight posted:

Was Helfer ever really a big name? She's been on some Siffy joints and that's it.

• Locked thread