Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

I dunno because I heard a pretty cute remix of the Mario 2 music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I honestly think Mario Kart has the best music I have heard in a videogame period.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

robot roll call posted:

I honestly think Mario Kart has the best music I have heard in a videogame period.

Mario Kart 8 seriously has the best soundtrack this year.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Austrian mook posted:

I'm sure I'm just being dumb, but where can I just check my rankings for every level in Bayonetta 2? I wanna try out all the different characters but I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to access post game stuff so I just figure I'll try to plat every level on normal for a while.

If you select any chapter, there should be an option called Play History.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I finally got around to playing Hyrule Warriors and goddamn! I was always ambivalent to the Warriors games, I enjoyed playing them at friends houses, but never played it on my own. This rules though. It's looks fantastic, and I enjoy how there is some depth to the combat. It's such a wonderful time to own a Wii U.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Austrian mook posted:

Is it just me or does every single game on the WiiU just have a sick soundtrack?

The best parts of Mario World 3D's soundtrack are the songs it reintroduces from Galaxy though

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The best parts of Mario World 3D's soundtrack are the songs it reintroduces from Galaxy though

Um no the best part of 3D World's soundtrack is Beep Block Skyway.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

nope

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm pretty sure the guitar in the MK8 title screen music is out of tune and it drives me nuts.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Mario Kart 8 seriously has the best soundtrack this year.

Well, maybe the best ORIGINAL soundtrack.

I think Smash U has it beaten by sheer volume.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RyokoTK posted:

Um no the best part of 3D World's soundtrack is Beep Block Skyway.

I love the hub music from galaxy so much

Actually in Smash I play on the Galaxy level a whole lot and I customized it to only play that song

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

DoctorWhat posted:

Well, maybe the best ORIGINAL soundtrack.

I think Smash U has it beaten by sheer volume.

A lot of the new songs for Smash 4 are not that great and simply ripping Gusty Garden Galaxy and nine different versions of Jungle Japes from their original games is not really enough to qualify for "best soundtrack."

e: Fortress Boss Remix and Battle! Team Flare are pretty good remixes though.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 18, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

A lot of the new songs for Smash 4 are not that great and simply ripping Gusty Garden Galaxy and nine different versions of Jungle Japes from their original games is not really enough to qualify for "best soundtrack."

Smash 4 has "Live and Learn" in it, albiet cut down rather more than I would like. It wins by default.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I seriously think the Sonic songs with lyrics in them are universally really bad. Even Escape from the City and Live and Learn.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

I seriously think the Sonic songs with lyrics in them are universally really bad. Even Escape from the City and Live and Learn.

you're absolute garbage. a trash human being

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I also didn't like that the Metroid Prime menu theme remix from Brawl had a spoken segment in the beginning. It's just weird to me to beat people up to a song with lyrics.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

I seriously think the Sonic songs with lyrics in them are universally really bad.

For the people who gush about Sonic songs, I think that's the point.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

I also didn't like that the Metroid Prime menu theme remix from Brawl had a spoken segment in the beginning. It's just weird to me to beat people up to a song with lyrics.

you gotta open your heart, dude.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

the truth posted:

For the people who gush about Sonic songs, I think that's the point.

I guess so. But I really liked the butt-rock in Hyrule Warriors and that poo poo is pretty much the same drat thing except that the Sonic Adventure music has lyrics to it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

RyokoTK posted:

DoctorWhat posted:

you're absolute garbage. a trash human being

Yeah, gonna have to side with DoctorWhat here...NuSonic's buttrock songs are amazing. They're terrible, but in the best way. Escape from the City is legit good though, especially the Generations version with a new verse.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

But it has the DK Rap. Isn't that the song we all wanted for every game?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm not sure how the wizards did it, but Smash Wii U is exponentially funner than Brawl. Had two friends over and it went over like gangbusters.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Random Stranger posted:

But it has the DK Rap. Isn't that the song we all wanted for every game?

It's missing like half the verses though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are both pretty bad games and the main themes to both games are pretty terrible and if you dislike them you probably have the right to because they are not actually very good songs but gently caress you

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Colonel posted:

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are both pretty bad games and the main themes to both games are pretty terrible and if you dislike them you probably have the right to because they are not actually very good songs but gently caress you

I don't understand how someone can type something like this. Truly not a cute gamer.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Reminder for US dudes, Kmart has some decent prices on Wii U stuff and people have been able to pricematch elsewhere: http://www.kmart.com/tvs-electronics-gaming-wii-u-wii-u-games/b-1299489026

DKC Tropical Freeze, Lego City Undercover, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD -$30 each

Wii Fit U/Fit Meter (requires balance board) - $20

New Super Luigi U, Mario & Sonic Sochi 2014 - $15 each

Nintendo Land - $10

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Reminder for US dudes, Kmart has some decent prices on Wii U stuff and people have been able to pricematch elsewhere: http://www.kmart.com/tvs-electronics-gaming-wii-u-wii-u-games/b-1299489026

DKC Tropical Freeze, Lego City Undercover, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD -$30 each

Wii Fit U/Fit Meter (requires balance board) - $20

New Super Luigi U, Mario & Sonic Sochi 2014 - $15 each

Nintendo Land - $10

To bad you can't have it shipped or it would show up as something that is not in store only for me.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I've got one last dumb question about Bayonetta, are the Tag Climax cards co-op only? I'd really like to just be able to fight the final boss to get some practice on his attacks without booting up the level and playing 2 verses of the jet sequence and trying hard no to gently caress that up so I have a chance to walk away with a decent rank.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Austrian mook posted:

I've got one last dumb question about Bayonetta, are the Tag Climax cards co-op only? I'd really like to just be able to fight the final boss to get some practice on his attacks without booting up the level and playing 2 verses of the jet sequence and trying hard no to gently caress that up so I have a chance to walk away with a decent rank.

You can coop with a CPU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

majormonotone posted:

Wii U General Discussion - I have no issues with Obama, taxes, or trains

If this doesn't happen it will go down in history as the greatest injustice.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

ZombieLenin posted:

I bought my wife a Wii U for Christmas, and it occurred to me that my 4 year old loves to play Minecraft with me... So maybe he's ready to occasionally play a game on his own. Are there any recommendations for a decent game--not a dance game--suitable for a 4 year old to play every once in awhile?

I have a 4 year old and his favourite game by far is Rayman Origins on co-op (touchscreen as an invincible flying frog). He is also partial to playing mini games on Nintendo Land (some are too fiddly though) and loves to watch me play Wind Waker and shout out instructions, steer the boat, and chase pigs around the starting island. Mario Cart is no fun because he demands a steering wheel for driving games, Smash Bros he loves the concept but leaps off the platform within about 6 seconds of starting. It's a hard age because they juuuuust lack to co-ordination and the focus required to progress even on basic games, but co-op is pretty workable. There is also a kid-friendly netflix interface which gets a fair bit of use.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You can buy a steering wheel for Mario Kart

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Give him an Amiibo to fight for him. It'll introduce him to the various forms of animal fighting rings (he's gonna learn about Michael Vick eventually).

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm pretty sure the guitar in the MK8 title screen music is out of tune and it drives me nuts.
Mario doesn't feel the need to conform to the MAN's tuning, man.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

Fallorn posted:

To bad you can't have it shipped or it would show up as something that is not in store only for me.

The kmart near me closed a while back but I picked up two pro controllers for $28 at wal mart yesterday just by showing them the ad on my phone.

I didnt have to put it in a cart or show it in stock or anything, I just showed them the price on the website and that was it. The only thing they had to do was call a manager for approval since the discount was so high (almost 50%).

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Keystoned posted:

The kmart near me closed a while back but I picked up two pro controllers for $28 at wal mart yesterday just by showing them the ad on my phone.

I didnt have to put it in a cart or show it in stock or anything, I just showed them the price on the website and that was it. The only thing they had to do was call a manager for approval since the discount was so high (almost 50%).

Every single Walmart within 50 miles of me has been out of stock since the k-mart deal went up.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Good news, the long awaited Meme Run comes out today!

I still have no idea how this got certified when it's using stolen graphics, music, voice clips, art, everything.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Only the best (trash) comes to Nintendo!

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Good news, the long awaited Meme Run comes out today!

I still have no idea how this got certified when it's using stolen graphics, music, voice clips, art, everything.

It's like somebody duct taped a bunch of those stupid Adult Swim shows to Newgrounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope this game ends up being a bit done by Nathan For You

• Locked thread