Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Even when an episode has recycled and telegraphed sitcom plots, the acting makes everything great from start to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Has this been the most adorable that Diaz has been this season? I think it might be.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One of the items on the list for Jake was No Kwazy Cupcakes :allears:

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
I exploded with laughter when Holt had it both ways with Wunch. I love how childish he is around her.

No regrets!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
OOP ME

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Rarity posted:

One of the items on the list for Jake was No Kwazy Cupcakes :allears:

I imagine there are several callback jokes on that wall. I'll have to go back and try to catch a few more.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
No Red Wedding

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Maxwell Lord posted:

No Red Wedding

Was that in Jake or Charles no no list?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
it's to the left of the title (the other list has NO YELLOW KING though) :)

no chillin'
no skipping
no whimsy
no outlines of dickbags

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 15, 2014

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
It looks like Charles wrote "No Spoilers" before "no Red Wedding". This wall tells a fantastic story.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
We need a spin off series about Doug Judy :allears:

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Every time I watch the opening I just die after "No regrets..."

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Its awesome how his burns suck and he is proud of him but his staff calls him out on it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Fetus Tree posted:

Its awesome how his burns suck and he is proud of him but his staff calls him out on it.

"Wunch time is over!"

"You spent all night coming up with that?"

"Yes, I think it's a zinger."

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

inthesto posted:

Even when an episode has recycled and telegraphed sitcom plots, the acting makes everything great from start to end.

Yeah, I want to agree with this. As soon as they set up the "eight days is too long for a stakeout" thing, the whole plot of the episode was obvious, but it was still fun off the raw energy of the characters. Also, the side plots were fun, Diaz and Holt's interactions are always great since they're both so awkward when things get personal, and a callback to Terry's drawing skills was funny.

My favourite callback joke on the wall is Charles writing "no DERICK!"

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Between last season and this season I basically marathoned all of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour" and now I can't hear anything but Sparks Nevada whenever Marc Evan Jackson speaks.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
No running man- movie or dance

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bon appetit:
Charles: no eating with your mouth open, no rasta-man voice, no reciting poems, no ballroom dancing, no bird calls, no male kegels , no rhyming, no talking about your butthole, no yoga, no Sister Act, no Sister Act 2, no multi-level marketing schemes, no licking fingers before turning pages, no tea ceremonies, no parkour, no unrequested lullabies, no lady-style towels, no sassy "nuh-uh-uhs," no talking about ortolans, no letting birds in!, no nose hair trimming, no talking, NO BATHS, no puppets.

Jake: no butter-syrup, no talking about Die Hard , no mayonnaise from the jar, no using my toothbrush, no pull-ups, no beat-boxing, no letting it mellow, no Kwazy Cupcakes, no life hacks, no calling legitimate business ideas schemes, no impressions, no cabbage patch, no running man—movie or dance, no saying "been done," no "dandruff blizzard," no saying "noice," no neck cracking, no air saxophone, no popping, no saying "styles," no using jerky as a toothbrush, no peanut butter binoculars, no talking about your dumb cat, no red wedding, no comparing yourself to Idris Elba—favorable or not, no added Zs to the end of words, no complaining about "not seeing The Wire," no jerks, no peeling the wallpaper, NO OVER SALTING, no action movie reenactments, no talking, no backstory for Mrs. Peacock, no syrup shots, no talking about DEREK!!, no basketball pregnancies, no being glib, no using my soap, no sweating, no pop and locking, no doing voices of suspects.

As payment I will accept one (1) gif of Holt gingerly placing a bag of bra on his desk and Rosa snatching it away.

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this

zoux posted:

Bon appetit:
Charles: no eating with your mouth open, no rasta-man voice, no reciting poems, no ballroom dancing, no bird calls, no male kegels , no rhyming, no talking about your butthole, no yoga, no Sister Act, no Sister Act 2, no multi-level marketing schemes, no licking fingers before turning pages, no tea ceremonies, no parkour, no unrequested lullabies, no lady-style towels, no sassy "nuh-uh-uhs," no talking about ortolans, no letting birds in!, no nose hair trimming, no talking, NO BATHS, no puppets.

Jake: no butter-syrup, no talking about Die Hard , no mayonnaise from the jar, no using my toothbrush, no pull-ups, no beat-boxing, no letting it mellow, no Kwazy Cupcakes, no life hacks, no calling legitimate business ideas schemes, no impressions, no cabbage patch, no running man—movie or dance, no saying "been done," no "dandruff blizzard," no saying "noice," no neck cracking, no air saxophone, no popping, no saying "styles," no using jerky as a toothbrush, no peanut butter binoculars, no talking about your dumb cat, no red wedding, no comparing yourself to Idris Elba—favorable or not, no added Zs to the end of words, no complaining about "not seeing The Wire," no jerks, no peeling the wallpaper, NO OVER SALTING, no action movie reenactments, no talking, no backstory for Mrs. Peacock, no syrup shots, no talking about DEREK!!, no basketball pregnancies, no being glib, no using my soap, no sweating, no pop and locking, no doing voices of suspects.

As payment I will accept one (1) gif of Holt gingerly placing a bag of bra on his desk and Rosa snatching it away.

Charles is still jealous of Derek!

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

zoux posted:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Any Best Actor in a Comedy Award that doesn't go to Andre Braugher is a travesty

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I ususally rewind an episode of B99 at least a few times to rewatch jokes and I never, ever do that with any other show.

Like his burning the skecthpad thing is one of the funniest bits I've ever seen, and it's literally two seconds long

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I've been sandwiching each week's B99 episode with an episode of Homicide: Life on The Street before and after to marvel at Braugher. The man's just awesome.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

pahuyuth posted:

I've been sandwiching each week's B99 episode with an episode of Homicide: Life on The Street before and after to marvel at Braugher. The man's just awesome.

this is a fantastic idea, gonna go dig out my Homicide DVDs right now

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I should really watch more of that show, what little i saw was good

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

zoux posted:

I ususally rewind an episode of B99 at least a few times to rewatch jokes and I never, ever do that with any other show.

Like his burning the skecthpad thing is one of the funniest bits I've ever seen, and it's literally two seconds long

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You can't teach the kind of timing and delivery he has. That means he's just had unbelivable comic chops chilling in his back pocket the whole time he was becoming an extremely respected dramatic actor.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Man, I was gonna come in here and ask for this, so thanks. The other plots this episode didn't do a lot for me, but Holt/Diaz was more than enough to keep me entertained. Nick Cannon's character was extremely nothing for what has to be a recurring character, but who cares, all hail Braugher, forever and ever.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
This show probably has the highest success rate of cold opens making me laugh of any show I've seen.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

bull3964 posted:

Between last season and this season I basically marathoned all of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour" and now I can't hear anything but Sparks Nevada whenever Marc Evan Jackson speaks.

Onus.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Everyone I know calls it Mars.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

This made me lose it.

Also, I agree with the posters about the strength of the cast saving the episode based around a tired premise.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

rapeface posted:

This made me lose it.

Also, I agree with the posters about the strength of the cast saving the episode based around a tired premise.

It gets to a point where the cast/characters are interesting enough that the plots aren't really that important. Some people get weireded out by that, but it's okay.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's a comedy, performances always supercede plot.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Illinois Smith posted:

no outlines of dickbags

no chalk outlines of dead bugs.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

oh yeah, that makes more sense

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

The exchange between Rosa, Marcus, Kevin, and Holt in the breakfast nook was hilarious. As was the reveal of the name of Holt's corgi.

"And Cheddar. Cheddar is also here."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"....but who will tell him that?" got the biggest laugh out of me. Apart from him handing Rosa her bra in a paper bag. That was one of the best things I've ever seen; the hesitation, staring at Rosa waiting for a response..everything about it was just perfect.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

zoux posted:

You can't teach the kind of timing and delivery he has. That means he's just had unbelivable comic chops chilling in his back pocket the whole time he was becoming an extremely respected dramatic actor.

He's clearly this generation's Leslie Nielsen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Yvonmukluk posted:

He's clearly this generation's Leslie Nielsen.

Who was she?

• Locked thread