Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I know this has been covered a bunch of times, and I've even asked about it a bunch of times myself, but I keep forgetting:

Which gathering missions have a possibility of critting for purple mats again? Is it abundant and above, or just bountiful & rich? And do the rules change for the top grade of missions vs. all the rest?

I feel like since I'm shifting into my new "focus on grade 11 purple underworld metals and slicing tech parts" I should actually know how it works.

Do Grade 11 missions (unlocked by critting lockbox missions) tend to sell well, or would those companions be better spent on lower-grade underworld metals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Ainsley McTree posted:

I know this has been covered a bunch of times, and I've even asked about it a bunch of times myself, but I keep forgetting:

Which gathering missions have a possibility of critting for purple mats again? Is it abundant and above, or just bountiful & rich? And do the rules change for the top grade of missions vs. all the rest?

I feel like since I'm shifting into my new "focus on grade 11 purple underworld metals and slicing tech parts" I should actually know how it works.

Do Grade 11 missions (unlocked by critting lockbox missions) tend to sell well, or would those companions be better spent on lower-grade underworld metals?

Bountiful and rich, yeah. And yes that's for top tier, for lower ones I think all ranks have a chance of critting.

Last time I looked at mission discovery prices it seemed like you'd be better off using them then selling them. I haven't really looked at the market for lower level stuff lately so no idea how that stuff is selling, probably moves slower than usual since people are focused on new content now.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Yeah, better off using the grade 11 missions with now. For example, TH missions will give you 3 purple mats that each sell for ~90k right now. The missions themselves sell for ~200k

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

Yeah, better off using the grade 11 missions with now. For example, TH missions will give you 3 purple mats that each sell for ~90k right now. The missions themselves sell for ~200k

Well yeah, I'll use the ones that I can, but for when I get missions that I can't use I mean (because I'm a simpleton who picked the same mission skills for every alt, which in retrospect I now see what probably a poor choice).

Though I suppose that if you can find the missions at a favorable price, that's basically free money?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

Well yeah, I'll use the ones that I can, but for when I get missions that I can't use I mean (because I'm a simpleton who picked the same mission skills for every alt, which in retrospect I now see what probably a poor choice).

Though I suppose that if you can find the missions at a favorable price, that's basically free money?

Another option is to just trade the missions for something you need (IE, you get a Treasure Hunting mission and need a hilt/relic, you can trade it to me for it)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

On an unrelated note, just saw a thread on Reddit that the new droid parts that Cybertech can craft (purple variant, of course) are godlike. Apparently they're rated 186, but have numbers comparable to 198 gear - so the whole "Which DPS companion is best" argument might quickly be lost to good ol' HK.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Nice try, I'm still not using HK

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Apparently we are getting 12 days of Life Day Sales so get your CC ready!

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Filled two strongholds already (haven't bought the garage for my Nar Shaddaa place yet but eh). Guess I better go ahead and buy a Coruscant place :/

They should really up the hook limit.

By filled you mean carefully decorated and right out of a Star Wars interior decorating mag, or filled meaning rooms full of junk to get conquest bonus.

Does anyone even do conquest now? Our guild lost interest in it weeks ago.

Stan S. Stanman fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 18, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Stan S. Stanman posted:

By filled you mean carefully decorated and right out of a Star Wars interior decorating mag, or filled meaning rooms full of junk to get conquest bonus.

I spent an hour redesigning my cantina this morning if that says anything.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I spent an hour redesigning my cantina this morning if that says anything.

I would spend most of my 55mil cred fortune to buy a Rishi stronghold right now.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I've stopped trying for conquest since Goon Squad doesn't have a guild ship or the activity to actually get anything done. :emo:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I can only speak for Harbinger but the initial rush has definitely died down. There's still tough competition for first but it's much, much easier to make top ten now. My guild has conquered eight planets and we've settled into a routine of stockpiling crafting mats for two or three weeks and then going all out.

Now that I've crafted my fifty Dark Projects for the achievement and don't need the Jawa Junk rewards quite so much I've stopped worrying about hitting my personal goal on our off-weeks.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Are the new gathering nodes in the pool of possible rewards for conquest? Hell, are there even decos of them?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

WarLocke posted:

I've stopped trying for conquest since Goon Squad doesn't have a guild ship or the activity to actually get anything done. :emo:

roll an Imp

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Blhue posted:

Are the new gathering nodes in the pool of possible rewards for conquest? Hell, are there even decos of them?

Not yet.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Welp. Conquest can continue to blow me then.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Blhue posted:

Welp. Conquest can continue to blow me then.

Yupppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Medullah posted:

The game is fun. Click a referral link to get a 7 day trial, along with a free transfer to another server if you want.

Goons play on Jedi Covenant, Imperial side.

What do you want to play? Do you want to Tank/Heal/DPS? Do you like ranged or melee?

Well, I liked melee (though I played a vanguard for a while), and played mostly as an operative (90% of my time was pvp), so I'd probably go towards a juggernaut or regular...sith/jedi class that I can't remember the name of off the top of my head.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nigulus Rex posted:

Well, I liked melee (though I played a vanguard for a while), and played mostly as an operative (90% of my time was pvp), so I'd probably go towards a juggernaut or regular...sith/jedi class that I can't remember the name of off the top of my head.

Juggernauts are REALLY fun, and they got a bit of a buff with this patch. You can't go wrong there.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Medullah posted:

Juggernauts are REALLY fun, and they got a bit of a buff with this patch. You can't go wrong there.

Sounds good. I remember they got buffed last time I played and everyone and their mother had one.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
The Marauder variant is super fun too. Fair warning: other classes are kind of boring after you've mastered a marauder. PRESS ALL THE BUTTONS!

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
So I'm a bit perplexed. The last few days playing I have had awful lag but only in this game. I've seen similar complaints in general chat as well. Is anyone aware if this is a known/understood issue?

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

DisposableHero posted:

So I'm a bit perplexed. The last few days playing I have had awful lag but only in this game. I've seen similar complaints in general chat as well. Is anyone aware if this is a known/understood issue?

3.0 isn't optimized. There was no major test server release in order to keep the deets on the D/L.

Perfective maintenance is a big thing. GSF is hosed until 3.0.2 at least.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

-Troika- posted:

What blaster rifles do you guys like? I've always preferred the DLA-13.

I do like Primordial Blaster Rifle Besh, which is an old cartel pack item that was pretty common and is still around.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

WarLocke posted:

If you only knew the population of the dark side.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

DisposableHero posted:

It's definitely something with the game. That's been a serious detriment from enjoying the game for the past couple weeks. Ability lag is bad enough to be distracting. I am really just not interested in raiding like this.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Bedurndurn posted:

If you only knew the population of the dark side.

No! I can't be a Smuggler there! NOOOOOOOOOOOO

*throws self down air shaft*

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 18, 2014

Eskie
Jan 25, 2003
So, just a quick reminder that Sunday raids will be returning starting this Sunday (12/21). Anyone interested in wiping horribly should absolutely attend. I would love to get 16 people, but if I don't we'll run with 8. Either way, people that are level 60 and in 180+ gear should absolutely show up!

I hope to see you all then and repeatedly die to bosses with you!

I should also mention I'm planning on starting at 4:00 PST(7:00 EST for all you weird weather-having folks).

Eskie fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 18, 2014

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Nipponophile posted:

It's definitely something with the game. That's been a serious detriment from enjoying the game for the past couple weeks. Ability lag is bad enough to be distracting. I am really just not interested in raiding like this.

I agree. They need to fix this crap, and soon.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Eskie posted:

So, just a quick reminder that Sunday raids will be returning starting this Sunday (12/21). Anyone interested in wiping horribly should absolutely attend. I would love to get 16 people, but if I don't we'll run with 8. Either way, people that are level 60 and in 180+ gear should absolutely show up!

I won't be around this week because of holiday bullshit, but I'll catch you fancy lads next time.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I am finding it real hard to spend time completing weekly quests and daily group finder quests to upgrade my gear from 186 to 192. How do you guys do it?

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Eskie posted:

I hope to see you all then and repeatedly die to bosses with you!

I should also mention I'm planning on starting at 4:00 PST(7:00 EST for all you weird weather-having folks).

6 in the Buddha-be-damned AM for me, but what the hell, I'll see if I can't wake up and bring Jehane along. Love the look of the new Ultimate gear, so... gotta get earning dem comms

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

On an unrelated note, just saw a thread on Reddit that the new droid parts that Cybertech can craft (purple variant, of course) are godlike. Apparently they're rated 186, but have numbers comparable to 198 gear - so the whole "Which DPS companion is best" argument might quickly be lost to good ol' HK.

My main healer is Cybertech and HK is much cooler than treek. I may need to look into this. Where do you get the schematics?

Fargin Icehole posted:

I am finding it real hard to spend time completing weekly quests and daily group finder quests to upgrade my gear from 186 to 192. How do you guys do it?

Ops

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

16 man level 55 ops still drop a lot of elites and ultimates. Just join a group forming on fleet. I was in a SM DP group that made it to council undermanned and loving up mechanics all over the place - these ops are very easy if you're level 60.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

My main healer is Cybertech and HK is much cooler than treek. I may need to look into this. Where do you get the schematics?

Just the standard vendor schematics RE'd to get purples. They follow the new Green -> Fervor/Expert/Veracity format. I RE'd and got the purple Expert version of the main core and they definitely are better than 186. Basically 28 purple underworld metals once you get the "ideal" schematic and the Rishi/Yavin 192 mainhand/offhands and HK is going to be insane.

There's tank versions of the armor too if you want to gear up one of your droid tanks to be a beast.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

As a healer I was queued for the better part of an hour, got a pubbie group [two Holocron guys who just refused to 1) wait for me to get there and 2) CC] for Assault of Tython in which we wiped to the first boss for over half an hour and 3 DPS joining/dropping due to verbal onslaught from Holocron.

I then joined Goons to heal the exact same thing [we had one death at the very beginning which I failed to anticipate the burst] which we flew through with ease and it was a blast.

The old rule holds true: Pubbies are awful.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Medullah posted:

HK is going to be insane.

There's tank versions of the armor too if you want to gear up one of your droid tanks to be a beast.

Welp. Guess I need to unlock HK finally.

It'll give me something to due whilst queues are agonizingly long.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

Is the lag present in raids, too? I noticed lag on Rishi and Yavin (Yavin particularly) but I feel like when I was doing the solo FP instances, the lag mysteriously went away. I was hoping that instances would be sheltered from whatever's going on with the game, but to be fair I really don't know how the internet works at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is the lag present in raids, too? I noticed lag on Rishi and Yavin (Yavin particularly) but I feel like when I was doing the solo FP instances, the lag mysteriously went away. I was hoping that instances would be sheltered from whatever's going on with the game, but to be fair I really don't know how the internet works at all.

We were getting some serious ability lag in the Tython FP last night.

Like 3-4 ability queue lag

• Locked thread