Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

bubblegumbo0 posted:

Yea it's hard to believe that some people unironically enjoyed Mahouka Koukou.

I certainly enjoyed reading the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i enjoy playing as the girl from mahouka in dengeki bunko fighting climax

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Guys when does the thread usually pop up where everyone says what they thought the best shows were so I can download them all and loudly disagree with the list

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Quarterly, you casual

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Guys when does the thread usually pop up where everyone says what they thought the best shows were so I can download them all and loudly disagree with the list

please dont say things like this or U & I will have a problem.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's coming soon, as I was wondering this too

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
k-on is poo poo garbage

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

PotU posted:

k-on is poo poo garbage

----------------

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Fierce Mugi

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

We gotta wait for all the fall shows to end first! If the thread were to go up now and people are all "Oh man Rage of Bahamut is the poo poo, that's my show of the year" that would be jinxing it to have an ending so bad it would retroactively ruin everyone's enjoyment.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Who cares about the best shows I'm gonna make a thread for the worst

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
we already had a cross ange thread

coathat
May 21, 2007

Cross Ange is good.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

This reminds me there's something that's always bugged me about k-on: If Yui and Ui's parents had another kid would they just name it I?

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
yui, ui, i and the nameless wanderer cursed to roam the earth until a high school club full of cute girls teaches her the meaning of friendship

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

HMS Boromir posted:

yui, ui, i and the nameless wanderer cursed to roam the earth until a high school club full of cute girls teaches her the meaning of friendship
Sounds like the ADTRW anime of the year imo.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

HMS Boromir posted:

Someone combined My Little Pony with Fallout 3 and it went really well for them, so there's no reason for you not to do the same with K-ON!.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Command Ant posted:

Someone combined My Little Pony with Fallout 3 and it went really well for them, so there's no reason for you not to do the same with K-ON!.

k-on is actually good though

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its the best!!

aers
Feb 15, 2012

It actually ruined anime, forever.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

aers posted:

It actually ruined anime, forever.

Kill La Kill did, actually.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i will not be re-opening my K-On!! thread

----------------

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

PotU posted:

k-on is actually good though

PotU posted:

k-on is poo poo garbage

mugi you are out of control

El Diabolico
Dec 19, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

dogsicle posted:

Did anybody watch that Gifuu Doudou show Imagawa scripted last year? I know it probably won't have the same G Gundam/Giant Robo flair, but is it still worth watching?

It was a little bland.. maybe even bad. Its nothing like imagawa's robot stuff.

basically 2 dudes drinkin' booze and shooting the poo poo about the dumb poo poo they did in the past. like they spend 2 episodes on how the crazy guy was gonna dishonor the shogun or whatever and how a fight was gonna break out as a result and they're all gonna kill each other with murderous intent auras going and what not but the guy shows up with a long silly sideways topknot and bows with his head sideways. The shogun, rather than take offense over the disrespect, laughs and goes "oh you". the end.

That's pretty much the gist of the show. it looks like a show about dudes killing each other but is about bros being goofy.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

coathat posted:

Cross Ange is good.
it's poo poo, but it's fun.

last ep introduced the main rival, and apparently the plot has been constantly happening again and again or some poo poo. Also people are dragons.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

I do wonder, would Sunrise have made more money from Cross Ange or continuing with a whole second season of Buddy Complex?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Edward IV posted:

I do wonder, would Sunrise have made more money from Cross Ange or continuing with a whole second season of Buddy Complex?

Buddy Complex was a flop so I can't blame them for going with an entirely new property because that is less risky than more Buddy Complex.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I liked Buddy Complex but I recognize that it was dead in the water from the get-go. The sequel OVA is pretty fun but probably precisely because it's half a season's worth of stuff happening in two episodes.

Valvrave worked better for them (are there even model kits of the Valiancers? cause the Valvrave ones are rad), this is them doing that again.

I have literally no idea if cross ange is good or bad anymore. This is exactly how I felt about Valvrave so there's a 70% chance the second half of this show will be the most boring poo poo. The two episodes of them escaped in the world only to find out no, everyone really is a racist sack of poo poo and it's not just the man keeping them down were surprisingly not trainwrecky which makes me aghast to think of the possibility that maybe, astonishingly, someone who knows how to write is on the staff

Gyra_Solune fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 18, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All I know is that Sunrise loving missed their chance for a Tiger & Bunny season 2 and I'll have nothing else to do with them.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

All I know is that Sunrise loving missed their chance for a Tiger & Bunny season 2 and I'll have nothing else to do with them.

They had a sequel movie earlier this year! Which is probably the best way to go.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I know that, but I want more! :colbert:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I haven't seen the movie but I'd be surprised if that's the last of Tiger and Bunny since that movie performed well enough.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Joshlemagne posted:

This reminds me there's something that's always bugged me about k-on: If Yui and Ui's parents had another kid would they just name it I?

Oh, please. That's easy.

We'd have Ui, Yui, and Yuri.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

buzmeg posted:

Oh, please. That's easy.

We'd have Ui, Yui, and Yuri.

I thought the yuri was implicit anyway?

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darth Walrus posted:

have you ever considered that your inability to differentiate betwern friendship and romantic interest is why youre always such a nice friend to all the girls

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

this is why my K-On thread will never be re-opened.

----------------

aers
Feb 15, 2012

I'm sorry guys but the rules of anime clearly state girls aren't allowed to be friends.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

PotU posted:

have you ever considered that your inability to differentiate betwern friendship and romantic interest is why youre always such a nice friend to all the girls

C'mon, K-On is pretty laser-targeted otaku pandering. Vague, nonthreatening gay subtext is part of the package deal for that. Just look at what happened when they decided to do a K-On for the ladies - tell me Free's not homoerotic as hell, I dare you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

C'mon, K-On is pretty laser-targeted otaku pandering. Vague, nonthreatening gay subtext is part of the package deal for that. Just look at what happened when they decided to do a K-On for the ladies - tell me Free's not homoerotic as hell, I dare you.

----------------

• Locked thread