Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gammatron 64 posted:

Goddamn the Star Wars EU has a ridiculous amount of rape in it

How else will nerds know it's serious and gritty otherwise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
EU authors really seem to like writing about rape, interspecies sex, and interspecies rape so what separates this from fanfiction exactly?

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Gammatron 64 posted:

EU authors really seem to like writing about rape, interspecies sex, and interspecies rape so what separates this from fanfiction exactly?

All the sex and rape is fade-to-black instead of lovingly detailed.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I don't really remember any sex in the eu at all

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

I remember a book where Han Solo gets trapped in the Kessel spice mines and an evil frog man has frog sex slaves there that he rapes.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I just finished Kenobi, god help me, and I can report there was zero sex in it, though a Mother and Daughter both tried to get with crazy Ben Kenobi, who would have none of it.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

dads_work_files posted:

I remember a book where Han Solo gets trapped in the Kessel spice mines and an evil frog man has frog sex slaves there that he rapes.

Huh I don't remember Mourth Doole having sex slaves. I'll have to go peer through the Jedi Academy Trilogy again.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

I don't really remember any sex in the eu at all

I don't really remember the EU at all, and my life is better for it.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

TheSpiritFox posted:

Huh I don't remember Mourth Doole having sex slaves. I'll have to go peer through the Jedi Academy Trilogy again.

lol

Was that the one where mon mothma got poisoned?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I read a book about Boba Fett (immediately after the death of Jango in episode 2). The only scene I remember is Boba getting really mad that he accidentally returned his dad's diary to the library with the books he checked out and then getting madder when the library droid paid him a late fee when he went to get the book back

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Jacen cut a bitches arm off and still hooked up with her what a pimp

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
jabba the hutt rapes a twi'lek dancer

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Gammatron 64 posted:

embarrasing sex is a mainstay of science fiction see: heinlein

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Darkman Fanpage posted:

jabba the hutt rapes a twi'lek dancer

ok so maybe boba fett didn't rape leia according to whatever

but there's absolutely no way that jabba didn't make her strip in front of him and his entourage

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
jabba raped her. no doubt. fucker did it cause he could. and salacious crumb watched.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

StashAugustine posted:

embarrasing sex is a mainstay of science fiction see: heinlein

heinlein is weird even by most sci-fi standards. a book dedicated to a guy travelling back in time to gently caress his mother and it being depicted as completely normal and logical

my favourite bit is how you'll get ardent defenders of that poo poo starting with stranger in a strange land and if you insist no he's just loving weird you must be some ultra repressed type who can't get past his prejudices

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Hutts are asexual so I don't know if Jabba even has a dick, but honestly I don't think I wanna know

plus if you got hosed by Jabba his fat rear end would crush you to death

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

How would a Hutt even gently caress a Twi'lek?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I assume it involves a lot of huttslime and his tail

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Neurosis posted:

heinlein is weird even by most sci-fi standards. a book dedicated to a guy travelling back in time to gently caress his mother and it being depicted as completely normal and logical

my favourite bit is how you'll get ardent defenders of that poo poo starting with stranger in a strange land and if you insist no he's just loving weird you must be some ultra repressed type who can't get past his prejudices

Man, that guy was a weirdo. If I remember correctly, "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" has a group marriage where the youngest wife (I think she was underage as well) married into her own parent's marriage.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

PostNouveau posted:

Man, that guy was a weirdo. If I remember correctly, "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" has a group marriage where the youngest wife (I think she was underage as well) married into her own parent's marriage.

didnt know warren jeffs wrote scifi, cool

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

PostNouveau posted:

That's a hell of an act. What's it called?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Neurosis posted:

Stranger in a strange land is cool and writing yourself into your novel as a boss who has sex with all da ladies is actually a mainstay of all literature

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Haha, yeah I found the details. The girl is married into her own family at 14 and when she dies in the revolution, she's described as getting shot "between her lovely little breasts."

I'm pretty sure he also had a book where a guy bangs a female clone of himself. Yeah, Heinlein was a pervert for sure.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

starship troopers is also like really right wing pro-military ooh rah war is great, only soldiers are allowed to vote

and he was like a huge libertarian nutjob, and both issac asimov and arthur c. clarke said he was a douche

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

redshirt posted:

How would a Hutt even gently caress a Twi'lek?

very carefully

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

very carefully

With significant rancor

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Fetus Tree posted:

With significant rancor

:vince:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Fetus Tree posted:

With significant rancor

This is canon.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Fetus Tree posted:

With significant rancor

i forgive all your posts in the hellthread for this

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

starship troopers is also like really right wing pro-military ooh rah war is great, only soldiers are allowed to vote

Untrue.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_You_Zombies

quote:

"'—All You Zombies—'" chronicles a young man (later revealed to be intersex) taken back in time and tricked into impregnating his younger, female self (before he underwent a sex change); he thus turns out to be the offspring of that union, with the paradoxical result that he is his own mother and father. As the story unfolds, all the major characters are revealed to be the same person, at different stages of her/his life.

Heinlen was weird but they made a movie about this short story and i want to see it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Starship Troopers the book was 95% military fellatio

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

im from the enlisted corps and i say blow em all

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

One of the rare situations where the movie was way better than the book. Half the book was just spergy references to power armor.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Gammatron 64 posted:

EU authors really seem to like writing about rape,

Its a metaphor for their own childhood they are raping.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Neurosis posted:

Larry Niven's Ringworld used inter-species sex as a diplomatic protocol and even had word for it: "rishathra"

Piers Anthony is a pretty disturbed individual as well.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ivor Biggun posted:

Larry Niven's Ringworld used inter-species sex as a diplomatic protocol and even had word for it: "rishathra"

Piers Anthony is a pretty disturbed individual as well.

Marion Zimmer Bradley had them all beat.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Marion Zimmer Bradley had them all beat.

I never read any of her stuff but... wow. Just wow.

[e] She was married to a convicted sex offender too. Thats gotta be a red flag.

Ivor Biggun fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

redshirt posted:

One of the rare situations where the movie was way better than the book. Half the book was just spergy references to power armor.

sorry but the power armor is the only good thing in the books. also the bugs were a little smarter

• Locked thread