Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I'm mildly irritated that yet another lovely game is trying to coast off of edgy marketing on early access, thus discrediting a tool that could be used by decent developers if it didn't have the stigma attached to it from lovely games like this and The War Z and countless other examples.

I dunno about upset though.

Yea I agree with this point. But beyond the academic, where's the outrage, the controversy? It seems we all pretty much agree here. I don't think anyone is going to buy the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Reading the steam forums is generally like getting water boarded with hot sauce unless you approach it from a Weekend Web mockery viewpoint.

I wish we could have a gamers.txt without goons ruining it like they always do

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

We can. It'll just probably get gassed or something retarded will happen and INTERPOL will get called or something. I'll do the needful.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i hope obama is taking notes!!!!!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Reading the steam forums is generally like getting water boarded with hot sauce unless you approach it from a Weekend Web mockery viewpoint.
Or dip in very briefly from a google result to fix a technical problem, then run away quickly. :zoid:

Eonwe posted:

I wish we could have anything without goons ruining it like they always do

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

Here's the new thread to post screencaps of dumb poo poo people put on gaming forums

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3688858

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
stupid game, bad thread

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mash posted:

stupid game, bad thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mash posted:

stupid game, bad thread

man there is a common link between that avatar and the posts that spring forth from it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
But for real, this game is going to be bad and it literally isn't even worth anyone's effort to pirate

if you want to play with something edgy go buy a razor and shave your neckbeards

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Eonwe posted:

if you want to play with something edgy go buy a razor and shave your neckbeards

drat this guy is really avant garde with those insults.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mash posted:

stupid game, bad thread

[img]http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/d1/59/0020-

wait you're actually right

privilaged

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

King Vidiot posted:

Without taking a side either way, I'm idly curious as to what the response would have been if Hatred had been a game about a Valerie Solanas type going around with the specific goal of killing all men. And don't make it any different than Hatred, you can still kill women but maybe have the sound bites be different for killing men vs. killing women.

For my part, I would be equally supportive of such a game existing. Assuming a sad version doesn't exist already anyway.

Probably wouldn't be buying it either, but it'd be just as hilarious/pathetic if a bunch of people defending Hatred flipped sides and wanted to quash it. Likewise the people attacking Hatred flipping sides to defend such.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Brannock posted:

drat this guy is really avant garde with those insults.

you might say im on the cutting edge of insults

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

bigass jncos posted:

If I don't like the bad game, then I'm a good person. If anyone says they don't care then they are MRAs who would m'lady the first babe they see at DragonCon.

yeah that's basically how it works. i'm glad we've reached an understanding

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

[img]http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/d1/59/0020-

wait you're actually right

privilaged

It's a good thread for a certain purpose but bad if someone genuinely wants to get information on this game. I feel bad for those people quite often in various threads.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whats a dragoncon

is it as bad as it sounds

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

icantfindaname posted:

yeah that's basically how it works. i'm glad we've reached an understanding

I wondering when an idiot would basically say 'this but unironic' regarding that.

That's not, as it happens, how it actually works.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eonwe posted:

whats a dragoncon

is it as bad as it sounds
i thought it was a con for dragon ball z and/or dildos, but it's actually neither

It's a good thread for a certain purpose but bad if someone genuinely wants to get information on this game. I feel bad for those people quite often in various threads.
iunno ive definitely learned a lot about this game

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

King Vidiot posted:

Without taking a side either way, I'm idly curious as to what the response would have been if Hatred had been a game about a Valerie Solanas type going around with the specific goal of killing all men. And don't make it any different than Hatred, you can still kill women but maybe have the sound bites be different for killing men vs. killing women.
There it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krvA3VHq5as

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

This is much funnier than my link.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

But that game's legit funny in the way the creator intended.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-q5BfMIE6M

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
Hatred needs to cut his hair in my opinion. The game would be gross even without the gross hair though. Despite the fact that I still play video games as an adult, I think adolescent revenge fantasies are actually bad, and not good.

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
People are nice and like to have fun. My advice is to let them. Be sure to have some fun yourself too!

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
honestly widestancer, this is a better thread than this dumb game deserves

Eonwe posted:

But for real, this game is going to be bad and it literally isn't even worth anyone's effort to pirate

:golfclap:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

archerb posted:

Hatred needs to cut his hair in my opinion. The game would be gross even without the gross hair though. Despite the fact that I still play video games as an adult, I think adolescent revenge fantasies are actually bad, and not good.

Harry Hatred Harrison is back for his first starring role in Barbershop 2: Final Cut.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mash posted:

honestly widestancer, this is a better thread than this dumb game deserves

:golfclap:

The best content in it isn't from the game itself.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The best content in it isn't from the game itself.

I think you could make a thread about cake recipes and it'd turn into another gamergate proxy, you got a magic touch

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You know with the trenchcoats and the darkness and the long hair and the stabbing this would make a great vampire isometric shooter.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
this game is tearing us apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJw4y6wpoc

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Someone call pyongyang and tell them Kim Jong-un is featured in the video game based on the movie the interview.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I remember when that happened with Dragon's Crown. That's when I realized I am a horrible sexist monster who deserves to die. :shrug:

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

lmao

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

CrashCat posted:

I remember when that happened with Dragon's Crown. That's when I realized I am a horrible sexist monster who deserves to die. :shrug:

this but all goons

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/18/7417045/hatred-free-speech-and-one-developers-connections-with-polands-far here is a polygon article that is relevant to the video game being discussed in this thread :tipshat:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Geight posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/18/7417045/hatred-free-speech-and-one-developers-connections-with-polands-far here is a polygon article that is relevant to the video game being discussed in this thread :tipshat:

Man, that article starts out great and then just keeps getting better. "I'm no fascist!" says Marcin Kazmiercz, FX artist for Hatred, shortly before he plans to attend a pro-fascism parade. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Respected anti-bigotry group (who works with other respected group) vs. CEO Manchild.

Both claim the others are extremists. Maybe the truth is in the middle.

• Locked thread