Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Why doesn't Telltale just make a TF2 game instead of a Borderlands or Minecraft game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

They're bad enough at action scenes to begin with!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Does TF2 have more of a plot than Minecraft? Makes you think.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Valve has been doing TF2 web comics during updates in addition to the meet the class videos for years. They're pretty good, actually.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Manatee Cannon posted:

Valve has been doing TF2 web comics during updates in addition to the meet the class videos for years. They're pretty good, actually.

I know but technically that's supplementary material so my pseudo philosophical point still stands for the actual game.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Max Wilco posted:

What kind of hardware setup do you have? I wasn't going to pick up MGSV because my system also fails to meet the minimum requirements, but after hearing that, I thought about giving it a shot. I've got an AMD Radeon HD 6570 and i7 2600S.

I've got an i3-3225 and an HD 7850 with only 1GB of VRAM. The game automatically set everything to High with a handful of Mediums and I haven't noticed a hitch or framerate drop anywhere yet.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, Ground Zeroes' specs on the store page are inflated, its not that demanding.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So both my friend and I have Payday 2, I have all the DLC and he doesn't. He was looking to buy the Game of The Year edition but apparently it won't give you an extra copy of the base game? Not a dealbreaker but we've sometimes found ourselves wondering what happened to our extra keys so, is there a way around that?

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
I played around with the graphics settings in Ground Zeroes on my computer (Phenom II 960T, 4GB GTX 770, and 8GB of memory), and with everything set to very high the game ran about 30-40 fps, usually on the low end of the scale. A little rough, I guess, but still playable. Setting everything to high boosted the framerate by about 15-20 fps, and it still looked really good. I've settled on a mix of high and very high settings, and the game runs about 40-50 fps.

Also, it's cool and fun. Keyboard controls are a little clunky, though, and I can't bind anything to the extra mouse buttons. What the h*ck, Konami!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Anonymous Robot posted:

One of the deals today is Dark Souls 2. Please be aware, there is a GOTY version with a better lighting engine and stuff coming later this year, and we don't know if it will be discounted for original owners or anything, but we do know that it will not be free for existing DS2 owners.

That sucks, I was looking forward to finally picking up DSII for cheap since while I loved DSI I've heard quite a bit of disappointment with DSII.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gobblecoque posted:

That sucks, I was looking forward to finally picking up DSII for cheap since while I loved DSI I've heard quite a bit of disappointment with DSII.

2 is just as good, better in some ways, worse in others. It's a good Souls game, play it. Just, not for six more months.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Manatee Cannon posted:

They also have the benefit of not eating my saves between episodes

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Orv posted:

2 is just as good, better in some ways, worse in others. It's a good Souls game, play it. Just, not for six more months.

The gameplay improvements were pretty great. Shame about the lack of coherence, but having actual working multiplayer was a good improvement.

Actually now that DS1 is steamworks I should try it out again.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

The gameplay improvements were pretty great. Shame about the lack of coherence, but having actual working multiplayer was a good improvement.

Actually now that DS1 is steamworks I should try it out again.

It's currently region locked by Steam download region, so you might be hosed on the multiplayer end. They're "looking into it".

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats fine, I need some time to get my level 1 dickwraith up and running anyway.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Gobblecoque posted:

There are a lot of really annoying things about DS2, much more than there were in DS1. The game isn't nearly as coherent and even though the graphics are dramatically improved, there are very few areas that are memorable at all. It's still a fun game that is worth playing, but I would wait for the new addition.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
DS2 was made by the From Software B-team while the A-team that made DS1 worked on Bloodborne, which we'll tragically never see on PC.

How's Speedrunners? Looks like Dustforce minus the cool aesthetic and chill as hell music? It's still in early access almost a year and a half after dropping?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Alan Smithee posted:

So both my friend and I have Payday 2, I have all the DLC and he doesn't. He was looking to buy the Game of The Year edition but apparently it won't give you an extra copy of the base game? Not a dealbreaker but we've sometimes found ourselves wondering what happened to our extra keys so, is there a way around that?

No way around it. There's a very few exceptions to that rule but it's mostly valve games involved in valve bundles that are years old at this point. Bundles including games you already own (purchased on steam) will not result in extra gifts or keys :(

edit: this is not the case with most bundles purchased off-steam like humble bundle because those give you individual steam-redeemable keys for each game in the bundle, probably exceptions to that but I've never run into anything other than a key per game off-steam

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 19, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Anonymous Robot posted:

How's Speedrunners? Looks like Dustforce minus the cool aesthetic and chill as hell music? It's still in early access almost a year and a half after dropping?

it has youtube superstar dlc!

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

DS2 was made by the From Software B-team while the A-team that made DS1 worked on Bloodborne, which we'll tragically never see on PC.

Fantastic party game. Think a more mechanically intensive Mario Kart.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Anonymous Robot posted:

It's a fun multiplayer Kart racer platformer hybrid. It's still early access so there is still a bunch of jank in it, but it has steadily improved to a mostly functional state. The online actually works now (sometimes) which is always a solid plus.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Everblight posted:

For everyone that has random old bad games in their library they'd like to make Go Away, apparently you can now hide them completely (rather than put them all in a category like "ZHidden" at the bottom. This is great news for inveterate bundle-getters.

Sweet

GOODBYE BRINK. May thy never stain my library again

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Man, I really wish I hadn't bought Civ 5 and the main DLCs individually. It looks like mostly map pack and a couple civ packs that I don't have but it would be cheaper to just buy the complete pack than buy them all, even at the sale prices. I guess I'll just never get them? Dumb.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Anyone remember that time I said I'd play through my entire backlog in alphabetical order like a month or two ago? I've literally just completed my first game, 1000 Amps, to 100% completion and filed it away in my Complete section. It's a cute metroidvania game where you have to light up rooms that are otherwise pitch black. There are special powers to find, and quite a bit of backtracking.

The fact that it took that long despite being only a 6 hour game is amazing to me. ...I'm never going to finish my backlog at this rate.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Well, not with that attitude, you won't. Just take it slow every now and again and you'll be fine.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Xaris posted:

GOODBYE BRINK. May thy never stain my library again

I would never hide Brink. It's there to remind me.

"Never, ever preorder a game at full price".

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Is Door Kickers any good? Help me decide between that and Broforce.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

A Bystander posted:

Well, not with that attitude, you won't. Just take it slow every now and again and you'll be fine.

That's what I did with 1000 Amps. Played like 30 minutes at a time or until I was too frustrated with figuring something out. Came back a couple days later and everything was all 'derp, why didn't I realize this before?'

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

canyoneer posted:

Literally nothing is better than broforce if you ever play mp

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

canyoneer posted:

Everblight posted:

Literally nothing is better than broforce if you ever play mp

This man has the right opinion. Buy Broforce and never look back. They recently added in Double Bro 7 so get hyped for that.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Speaking of that, I have 2 copies of Broforce from a 4-pack up for grabs for $7.55 each (1 pack is $10!). If interested, shoot me a PM or drop your Steam.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 19, 2014

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Anyone remember that time I said I'd play through my entire backlog in alphabetical order like a month or two ago? I've literally just completed my first game, 1000 Amps, to 100% completion and filed it away in my Complete section. It's a cute metroidvania game where you have to light up rooms that are otherwise pitch black. There are special powers to find, and quite a bit of backtracking.

The fact that it took that long despite being only a 6 hour game is amazing to me. ...I'm never going to finish my backlog at this rate.
It was a good game to start with. It never got much attention, but it's a great little platformer.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Just to confirm - I got Euro Truck Simulator 2 in that recent Humble Bundle but haven't played it. In the event that I DO ever feel like doing some truckin', I should grab the Going East DLC right?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Shock Trooper posted:

Just to confirm - I got Euro Truck Simulator 2 in that recent Humble Bundle but haven't played it. In the event that I DO ever feel like doing some truckin', I should grab the Going East DLC right?

I would personally try it out first to make sure you actually like it, it doesn't really add or change the gameplay, it's just new locales and what not.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Goons. I am level 33 and have 16 friends, 15 of which are IRL buddies.

Let us play some multiplayer, your pick:

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 19, 2014

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Xaris posted:

Speaking of that, I have 2 copies of Broforce from a 4-pack up for grabs for $7.55 each (1 pack is $10!). If interested, shoot me a PM or drop your Steam.

holla
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kapandak/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Everblight posted:

I feel like you can't go wrong with sonic go karts

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Everblight posted:

I will kick your rear end (read: Have my rear end handed to me) at Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, add me sometime. :wink:

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Everblight posted:

I've got Monaco, Merc Kings, Sonic, and Spelunky. Add me whenever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Everblight posted:

I will fookin fite you, m8. In a few of those things.

• Locked thread