Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
just a reminder that the dungeoneering weekend starts in an hour and 5 minutes as of the time of this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Just finished rushing floors 1-29 to be able to double dip on ab2s, occs, and warps this weekend :getin:

Time to get my dg cape, dg aura 4,and unlock the level 95 resource dungeon to spam grenwalls in.

Btw grens are still great cash, I’ve made like 20m on them in the past couple days, and spike prices aren't actually crashing that badly, they're still like 2.5-3m an hour

Magres fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Dec 19, 2014

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Terces posted:

The other Ginkers brother.

He just wants to make some gently caress, that's all.

In the near future, I'm gonna get my rear end to Fairy Tales 2. After all, it seems easy to get to. I think.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Terces posted:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

emptyquoting this

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

New Dragonstone poll up, choosing between two potential new quests.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
We did 5 hours straight of dungeoneering this morning. Woof. Keep going, everyone!

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
My life in a nutshell

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Replace this with op, tia.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Glorious.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Replace this with op, tia.

Aaand done!

:jerkbag:

Can you tell I really like rainbows :rory:

Well now I get the other glowies... the Divine Implings. :(

Bad Goku's deity.

Pizza Pirate's pubbie pal

JMods being nerds.

This is the gear mods use when playtesting to ensure quality.

Another lucky item?! But Jagex, I just got one earlier last week!

I like this clean rank.

Pizza Man and I only got this for a rare drop and it's worthless. :smith: At least I finished my slayer task and he got his down to half.

I did get two effigies on the other hand!

What fruity loot.

Guess who did 5 goon goonguneering today?

Themata fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 19, 2014

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Terces posted:

He's p- hot, I have to say. :)

edit:

total butterface though :(

How Rude fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 19, 2014

idiot stupid
Aug 23, 2014

still a virgin
Looking at your pictures, Themata, has made me very interested in seeing how other people have their UIs customized. I'm still figuring out how exactly I want mine done and I wouldn't mind getting some ideas from anyone who wanted to share.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

If you're not too busy with the dungeoneering weekend event going on and/or are a F2P player, now is a great time to check out OldSchool RuneScape! Right now, and for the next few weeks, F2P servers are opened up with no time limit (the two-week trial limitation for F2P accounts is potentially being removed!).

Incidentally, the OSRS client OSBuddy (brought to you by the excellent people who made RSBuddy, the bot client everyone used pre-EoC, officially endorsed by Jagex now amazingly enough) is also having a free weekend right now through Monday the 22nd. A incredibly feature-rich client, OSBuddy has an overlay option for nearly everything imaginable, including but not limited to: a resizable game screen enabler, a built-in kill counter, timers, drop loggers, price checker, drop highlighting, idle alerters, an exp/hour tracker, treasure trail apps, a world-hopper, highscore lookups and a billion other things! For more information, check out the OSBuddy Website.

E: Oh yeah, there's some Christmas event stuff going on on OSRS right now. Come collect your free pile of party hats and christmas crackers!

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 19, 2014

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
No it's not. It's never a good time to check out OSRS. I guess if you were the old man who was left alone to read all of the books in the world in that Twilight Zone episode, and then your glasses broke and you went "oh no my glasses" in one of those Rod Serlingian twists of fate, then you might, in your infinite blindness, stumble upon OSRS and think it was good, clicking away for succor until old age and incoherence enveloped you, as it one day shall envelop us all.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
OSBuddy should build an alternate client for Runescape Classic. I'd actually use that.

Especially if it had built in 2x/3x/4x magnification.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

No it's not. It's never a good time to check out OSRS. I guess if you were the old man who was left alone to read all of the books in the world in that Twilight Zone episode, and then your glasses broke and you went "oh no my glasses" in one of those Rod Serlingian twists of fate, then you might, in your infinite blindness, stumble upon OSRS and think it was good, clicking away for succor until old age and incoherence enveloped you, as it one day shall envelop us all.

Osrs is fun for the nostalgia factor, it eventually wears off and you realize that you loved this game as a kid because, getting home after school and pumping countless hours into this was amazing.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
I logged on earlier today after that dungeoneering round and painted baubles. :colbert: It was also nice to not have yellow text appear above pubbies heads when public chat is set to off.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

OSBuddy should build an alternate client for Runescape Classic. I'd actually use that.

Especially if it had built in 2x/3x/4x magnification.

That would be cool as hell, but I wonder if there's anyone left at Jagex that actually worked on classic/would be able to work with the old client. I suppose they could recruit a RSC private server owner, but even then we would still have to have classic server access opened back up. Think of the glorious programmer art we could enjoy if they developed new stuff for RSC. :allears:

e: Misread that as a Jagex-developed client for RSC... which would also be welcome actually. Anyway, points still stand I guess.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 20, 2014

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Aren't they working on a resizable client/mode for osrs though? I was pretty sure they were!

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

allta posted:

Aren't they working on a resizable client/mode for osrs though? I was pretty sure they were!

Searching around a bit, there's an official resizable client being worked on as of ~3 months ago but it had some glitches. Probably requires engine team work to get running properly, couldn't hurt to tweet about it to an oldschool team member and see how the project is progressing. (Maybe that's why they brought Ian Gower on to the OSRS team?)

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
Double dungeoneer weekend is the best, I'm 270k richer and level 85 after about 8 hours of dungeoneering fugue state. Anyone who can dung should dung this weekend.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
I will soon have damned Charming Imp

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
So is the dungeoneering weekend thing just double tokens or what?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah, get your chaotics and get your ring maxed

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Magres posted:

isnt every single role maxed on a dg ring a comp req or some bs?

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Magres posted:

Hah, that's what I forgot to spend on. 30k left over after the shopping spree, you're going into the Blitzer ring for bonus wizard magic.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

So is the dungeoneering weekend thing just double tokens or what?

double tokens, double xp, +50% xp from sinkholes and no penalties for dying in a dungeon

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008

joachim783 posted:

double tokens, double xp, +50% xp from sinkholes and no penalties for dying in a dungeon

Double tokens from both regular dungeoneering and Sinkholes
Base Sinkholes lamp XP increased by 50%
10% cheaper weapon repairs at the Daemonheim trader
No score penalty for dying

So it's not double xp, only the extra xp for sinkhole lamps.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Lets have some more pubbies examines!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
It's become abundantly clear that I'm hated based on how nasty you've all been to me.

Enjoy your new leader!

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Surmoon posted:

Double tokens from both regular dungeoneering and Sinkholes
Base Sinkholes lamp XP increased by 50%
10% cheaper weapon repairs at the Daemonheim trader
No score penalty for dying

So it's not double xp, only the extra xp for sinkhole lamps.

edit: i am dumb :downs:

joachim783 fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 20, 2014

idiot stupid
Aug 23, 2014

still a virgin
I just made my first 100k and now am in the market for some new equipment. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck when it comes to my weapon. Is a rune scimitar my best bet? IIRC, scimitars have always been the best because of how fast they attacked(?). I have 50 attack but maybe I'm better off buying something cheaper that will hold me over until I can afford something better.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

idiot stupid posted:

I just made my first 100k and now am in the market for some new equipment. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck when it comes to my weapon. Is a rune scimitar my best bet? IIRC, scimitars have always been the best because of how fast they attacked(?). I have 50 attack but maybe I'm better off buying something cheaper that will hold me over until I can afford something better.

With the major combat overhauls, most same-tier weapons do the same DPS now, so speed doesn't really matter anymore (outside of legacy combat anyways). The biggest difference in DPS now falls on 2H vs 1H abilities, and even that is situational. Look up "Revolution" on the rswiki for optimal setups.

I would recommend maces for the added prayer bonus, personally. You can get them as a drop from greater demons and make some decent xp + cash gains there with your stats if you have a Darklight (from the quest Shadow of the Storm).

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 20, 2014

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Saw this gentleman while grouping for goon dung

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

Themata posted:

It's become abundantly clear that I'm hated based on how nasty you've all been to me.

Enjoy your new leader!

It's not April yet :colbert:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

SleepingPizza posted:

isnt every single role maxed on a dg ring a comp req or some bs?

No, but maxing a role is a hard task req

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

I finally got you, you little bastard

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Runescape 3: Evolution of Pungeoneering

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
The New Player's Guide to Raising Prayer (with help from Pizza Man)

You want 43 Prayer asap for the protection prayers. You want 75 prayer eventually for elf city. You want to spend all the bonus xp from your festive aura. Here's how to work on all that for a million gold with zero skill requirements.

1) Buy 400ish dragon bones or 470ish infernal ashes. Take the bones unless the price difference is large (200kish) because they're faster and your Runescape time is VALUABLE.
2) Fill inventory with bones/ashes.
3) Teleport to the Yanille lodestone in world 31.
4) Listen to the idiots around the player house portal to get a name for an open altar house.
5) Right click the player house portal, choose "go to friend's house", and enter the name.
6) Activate festive if you haven't already. Use a bone/ash on the altar. You'll offer all of them at 3.5x experience.
7) When you run out, there should be an amulet hanging from a wall in the next room. Right click it and teleport to Edgeville.
8) You're next to the bank. Repeat from step 2.

You can do this with more or fewer bones, you can upgrade this with a beast of burden or better bones, you can be super cheap and do it with whatever bones you like.

palamedes fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Also if you're new and a million gp is out of reach, ask in clan for someone to loan you some cash.