Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Command Ant posted:

Left-wing extremists making video games is what started Gamergate.

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ddraig posted:

That's sort of nitpicking Widesauron. By the people I clearly meant the people who sell stuff.

Valve has the right to dictate what they want on their store which is completely acceptable. Blood and Honor clearly have the right to not sell spoken word versions of the Communist Manifesto, and it's not suppression of free speech or censorship. Valve can choose to stock Fascist vanity projects if they wish I just think it's a bad idea.

It's a bad idea only if you ignore the fact that anyone using this game to rally behind anything it represents is going to be soundly mocked for it and the devs are really shooting themselves in their feet by even going through with it.

At no point will this end well for them and when Gaben signed that message to them with "good luck on your game" I can't imagine he had anything but sarcastic giggles going on in his head.

Basically what I'm saying is that they're not gonna recover their investment on it and it's going to get them laughed at and trivialized.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Ddraig posted:

That's sort of nitpicking Widesauron. By the people I clearly meant the people who sell stuff.

Valve has the right to dictate what they want on their store which is completely acceptable. Blood and Honor clearly have the right to not sell spoken word versions of the Communist Manifesto, and it's not suppression of free speech or censorship. Valve can choose to stock Fascist vanity projects if they wish I just think it's a bad idea.

Stop giving money to Valve.

They are providing aid and comfort to the enemy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Snark posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/video-game-article/prototype-dick-mercer/

Look at this rear end in a top hat, to make this article he probably had to kill countless imaginary civilians in a video game for NO REASON than because he found it FUNNY!

HOW MANY PEOPLE HAS HE KILLED IN REAL LIFE?!
you sound way more mad about this than the person who got you a nazi av

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
You're reading it with the wrong tone of voice then. I personally would like to imagine all my posts being said in the voice of Professor Farnsworth.

Good news everybody!

Also that is a classic Game Article I linked. Everyone who ever played Prototype should read it.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
So this game is definitely good is what you all are saying, yes?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm not gonna buy this game

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I'm not gonna buy this game

Same

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

all the true believers from the gg thread are in here defending the honor of the nazi far right extremist game. shocking, imo

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

d0s posted:

all the true believers from the gg thread are in here defending the honor of the nazi far right extremist game. shocking, imo

Here's that extra bingo space you wanted filled, Eye of Widesauron.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

d0s posted:

I'm glad the crazy people of both sides from the really lovely and bad GG thread populated by insane people are here personally.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I'm glad the crazy people of both sides from the really lovely and bad GG thread populated by insane people are here personally.
its like a thanksgiving dinner that slowly devolves until two of your uncles are fistfighting

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

its like a thanksgiving dinner that slowly devolves until two of your uncles are fistfighting

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

My uncles are cool, as long as they do it outside.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

d0s posted:

:ironicat:

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Basically what I'm saying is that they're not gonna recover their investment on it and it's going to get them laughed at and trivialized.

You know all this drama sent the game to #1 on Greenlight, right? The devs counted on it for PR but it worked better than they ever hoped for, due to their detractors playing into their hands every step of the way and some fortuitous timing with Gamergate (which they weren't even aware of).

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

d0s posted:

Agreed, we should be 'progressive' and censor dissenting thought and threaten and harass those that think differently then us.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Karpaw posted:

You know all this drama sent the game to #1 on Greenlight, right? The devs counted on it for PR but it worked better than they ever hoped for, due to their detractors playing into their hands every step of the way and some fortuitous timing with Gamergate (which they weren't even aware of).

#1 in green light means a bunch of people clicked a button and no money changed hands.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Powercrazy posted:

Agreed, we should be 'progressive' and censor dissenting thought and threaten and harass those that think differently then us.

:cripes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Karpaw posted:

on the other hand, how many of those people actually care enough to buy it

hitting 'yes' just to get people mad is different from shelling out $10-25 dollars to get people mad

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Powercrazy posted:

Are you trying to get another avatar, with proper sentence structure this time? :D

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

are we really being lectured on being progressive from a cartoonfucker

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Nazi party, flush with profits from the steam green light game, purchased several crates of AK47's from a swarthy Bosnian and is now on a rampage across the Rhine

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Nazi party, flush with profits from the steam green light game, purchased several crates of AK47's from a swarthy Bosnian and is now on a rampage across the Rhine
and made some confused amazon purchasing decisions

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
I want goons to predict this game will fail hard and not sell at all.

Primarily because it's the kiss of life.

See : Doobie's Dog House, Star Citizen, Bitcoin (Not that any of these things deserved to or should have persisted.)

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Powercrazy posted:

agreed, particularly in the case of those blogs that wrote "gamers are dead" articles ;)

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Powercrazy posted:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it does.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Has anyone even played the game to tell if it turns you into a Nazi yet? I mean, I've eaten some Chick-fil-a and I swear to you it didn't make me a Southern Baptist. We need some solid data here, folks.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

d0s posted:

agreed, particularly in the case of those blogs that wrote "gamers are dead" articles ;)

In 2069 AD it will be legal to infect gamers with AIDS.

Stay safe gamers.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

You were going for that, right? No wait, it was to get the stink out of the Steam thread. We could still make room in the hellthread if anyone new wants to join the debate on evil in/from/around/behind video games.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CrashCat posted:

Has anyone even played the game to tell if it turns you into a Nazi yet? I mean, I've eaten some Chick-fil-a and I swear to you it didn't make me a Southern Baptist. We need some solid data here, folks.

Thats the best part

The game is basically vapor ware and it got everyone's knickers in a twist

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CrashCat posted:

You were going for that, right? No wait, it was to get the stink out of the Steam thread. We could still make room in the hellthread if anyone new wants to join the debate on evil in/from/around/behind video games.

After helping to dismantle the old gamergate thread with some bros and getting several people banned in the old gamergate thread by trolling them into basically doing banmes (with really bad trolling I might add) I'm good. Thanks for the invite though.

The best was that one dude whose last post was admitting he had AIDS before he ate a perma.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

what is my motivation in this game? what has the world done to wrong me to the point where I'm willing to go out and commit mass genocide? why is my name not important? I need to know the backstory if I'm to be immersed in my mass murder simulator.

It's very important.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Simsmagic posted:

what is my motivation in this game? what has the world done to wrong me to the point where I'm willing to go out and commit mass genocide? why is my name not important? I need to know the backstory if I'm to be immersed in my mass murder simulator.

It's very important.

I hope they add origin story DLC's

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope they add origin story DLC's

origin story level: The Friendzone

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Simsmagic posted:

It's very important.

It's a self-insert, make up your own reasons, use your own name. You post on Something Awful, you must have some sort of deep-rooted hatred of human contact.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

CrashCat posted:

I mean, I've eaten some Chick-fil-a and I swear to you it didn't make me a Southern Baptist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-msplukrw

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Terper posted:

It's a self-insert, make up your own reasons, use your own name. You post on Something Awful, you must have some sort of deep-rooted hatred of human contact.

I'm not sure this game lets me roleplay as a dude who assaults people with passive aggression though, but I'll try. I hope the writing is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

d0s posted:

no not even to them, no not even the dreaded "other"

Ddraig posted:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it does.

Your understanding of censorship is that of a 2nd grader copying definitions out of a dictionary

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 19, 2014

• Locked thread