Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

feedmyleg posted:

Don't lie. You mean a boyfriend pillow.
If it was one of those I'd have much better options for cases than just the Venture Industries logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

JT Jag posted:

If it was one of those I'd have much better options for cases than just the Venture Industries logo

:catstare:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Me and my custom-made Rusty Venture body pillow feel sorry for you

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

GNU Order posted:

Me and my custom-made Rusty Venture body pillow feel sorry for you

You perform Rusty Ventures on your body pillow?

How is that even possible?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You just ________ your _____ in the ________ and then ___ the ________

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

DoctorWhat posted:

You perform Rusty Ventures on your body pillow?

How is that even possible?

The Alchemist's kid's version.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Data Graham posted:

You just ________ your _____ in the ________ and then ___ the ________

That's not a Rusty Venture you big queen, thats a Col. Gentleman!

A Rusty Venture is when you ________ and ________ while your partner ________________ while another woman ________________ while a midget ________ in your ear.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I wish I had the extra cash for that bed sheet set. It would go well with my shot glass set.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I wore my OSI shirt to the gym tonight and it made me feel like I could punch a hole right through a man's torso

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

BooDoug187 posted:

That's not a Rusty Venture you big queen, thats a Col. Gentleman!

A Rusty Venture is when you ________ and ________ while your partner ________________ while another woman ________________ while a midget ________ in your ear.

Hey now, there's no reason to be so vulgar.

They prefer "little person."

I can't wait for this special. I wonder when the season proper might start?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Sash! posted:

I wore my OSI shirt to the gym tonight and it made me feel like I could punch a hole right through a man's torso

I wore my Spanakopita tshirt to the grocery store and a couple of people asked what it was for. I had to try to figure out how to summarize the show. I did a slightly better job of explaining the context when the receptionist at the vet's office asked.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
My 24 shirt is getting a little too ratty to wear.

I've considered having a local T-shirt shop make a replica.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Bored posted:

I wore my Spanakopita tshirt to the grocery store and a couple of people asked what it was for. I had to try to figure out how to summarize the show. I did a slightly better job of explaining the context when the receptionist at the vet's office asked.

What's the shirt look like?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Frostwerks posted:

What's the shirt look like?

It looks like this.

The correct answer to any questions about the shirt is "i loving love spanakopita"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bored posted:

I wore my Spanakopita tshirt to the grocery store and a couple of people asked what it was for.

How did you not just throw your arms up in the air and proclaim,"EYYYY SPANAKOPITA! :haw:"?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
I don't tell people anything about the show when they ask who Shallow Gravy is. I just say they are the greatest band since the Beatles.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Jerusalem posted:

How did you not just throw your arms up in the air and proclaim,"EYYYY SPANAKOPITA! :haw:"?

I saw a guy in a bar with the Spanakopita shirt and I did this as I walked past and got absolutely NOTHING from him. He pretty much just stared at me blankly and then went back to his beer.

gently caress that guy so hard. You're not allowed to wear the shirt if you're no fun.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I have a Doctor Who t-shirt, but if some neckbeard yelled "ALLONS-Y!" at me in a bar I'd try to ignore them too.

Dingis
Oct 4, 2002

It's going to kill us with its awesome Avatar powers!

Ror posted:

I saw a guy in a bar with the Spanakopita shirt and I did this as I walked past and got absolutely NOTHING from him. He pretty much just stared at me blankly and then went back to his beer.

gently caress that guy so hard. You're not allowed to wear the shirt if you're no fun.

I hope I was not that guy. I may have been him, but full disclosure I was pretty drunk at the time. Also strangers scare me.

However, I did wear my 24 shirt in like 2011 and spoiled that season finale for someone who hadn't seen it yet.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Hedrigall posted:

I have a Doctor Who t-shirt, but if some neckbeard yelled "ALLONS-Y!" at me in a bar I'd try to ignore them too.

To be fair that's more of the stupid catchphrase for one of the biggest sci-fi franchises on the planet than a funny in-joke of a show which, while relatively popular as much as anything on Adult Swim is, has a fanbase an order of magnitude smaller.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

My Council of 13 shirt has the design printed off center and I never notice until it's really cold outside and then theres one nipple popping right out of the eyeball in the skull.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

i too wear my dr who shirt in public while thumbing my nose at "neckbeards"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Babe Magnet posted:

i too wear my dr who shirt in public while thumbing my nose at "neckbeards"

lol

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I wear my OSI shirt all the time, no one has ever asked about it :(

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Shabadu posted:

My Council of 13 shirt has the design printed off center and I never notice until it's really cold outside and then theres one nipple popping right out of the eyeball in the skull.
Same.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

That's because you're the sort of person who would wear an OSI shirt in public.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

sbaldrick posted:

The OSI shirt is the only one I wear really regulary as it's perfect for sport. No one has ever said anything about it and I doubt anyone ever will.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

The OSI shirt looks like a legitimate organization shirt if you didn't know any better. However, the EXTRA COLOR shirt is by far the best.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this is the only v-bros merch I own, though every time I get a little extra money (and remember) I'm always tempted to buy one of these:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

My old roommate wore jumpsuits around all the time and never got called on it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

My old roommate wore jumpsuits around all the time and never got called on it.

Excuse me, they weren't JUMPSUITS, they were SPEED SUITS.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I wear my monarch/batman tas shirt all the time. some people even get the refrence.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
A guy at a comic convention called out my OSI shirt, as have a few friends of mine who also watch Venture Bros. So yeah, nothing unexpected.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I wore my old school black and white Dr Girlfriend shirt to the Museum of Science and Industry and every single employee I crossed paths with said something about it.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Dingis posted:

I hope I was not that guy. I may have been him, but full disclosure I was pretty drunk at the time. Also strangers scare me.

However, I did wear my 24 shirt in like 2011 and spoiled that season finale for someone who hadn't seen it yet.

Bringing goons together.

Fafenefenoiby
Aug 18, 2005

LEPROSY
http://asitecalledfred.com/2009/12/25/holiday-havoc-the-venture-bros-2/

Venture Bros Christmas single tunes! 2005 is too beautiful for words.

Sash! posted:

My OSI shirt is legit one of the most comfortable shirts I've owned, even when it's soaked in sweat and Vatican karate gorilla blood.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Fafenefenoiby posted:

http://asitecalledfred.com/2009/12/25/holiday-havoc-the-venture-bros-2/

Venture Bros Christmas single tunes! 2005 is too beautiful for words.

Thanks for reminding me of this!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Fafenefenoiby posted:

My OSI shirt is legit one of the most comfortable shirts I've owned, even when it's soaked in sweat and Vatican karate gorilla blood.

Wearing mine right now, and I agree. :smug:

But like someone else mentioned about their Council of 13 shirt, my OSI shirt is printed off-center. One side of the blue ring on the outside of the logo goes right over my right nipple, and the other side of the circle is almost two inches inside of the left nipple.

I only noticed it when I wore it as a gym shirt and saw myself ion the mirror.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Maybe you guys have weird nipples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gotta love nerd shirts designed to accentuate manboobs.