Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Power Tap is perfect. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there a tweak for 8.1.1 that will let me change what camera app the lockscreen shortcut will open? I want it to open Camera+ instead of the default app.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
A couple of tweak questions.

Firstly, are there any tweaks that people would recommend that can hide jailbreak status from an app? All of the banking applications here in Korea refuse to work if you're jailbroken, and the tweak I used to use was made specifically for them. However, it doesn't seem to be updated any more.

Second, I used to have a tweak that would remove the passcode lock when I was on my home wifi. Again, another tweak that doesn't seem to be updated any more. I guess most people have TouchID now, but I haven't been able to upgrade yet. Any recommendations there?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Go back about 5 pages+ I remember talk of an updated new beta app that hid the jailbreak.

Also a no Touch ID/pass code while on wifi would be cool. Anyone know of one that does that for touchid or doesn't require it within a set time period?

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Christoff posted:

Go back about 5 pages+ I remember talk of an updated new beta app that hid the jailbreak.

Also a no Touch ID/pass code while on wifi would be cool. Anyone know of one that does that for touchid or doesn't require it within a set time period?

Safehouse does what you are looking for and works with Bluetooth connections as well. I spent the few dollars for Safehouse Pro and love it. It works on 8.1.2 as well

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

cryptoclastic posted:

A couple of tweak questions.

Firstly, are there any tweaks that people would recommend that can hide jailbreak status from an app? All of the banking applications here in Korea refuse to work if you're jailbroken, and the tweak I used to use was made specifically for them. However, it doesn't seem to be updated any more.

tsprotector p blocks the main technique they use to check for a jailbreak. Flex will also generally have tweaks to disable the jailbreak check on a per-app basis.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Javid posted:

tsprotector p blocks the main technique they use to check for a jailbreak. Flex will also generally have tweaks to disable the jailbreak check on a per-app basis.

I tried this with a Korean bank app (the Nonghyup app) and while it got past the original message, it still wouldn't work.

Might have just been because the app is poo poo though. :/

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Tsprotector 8 is free in beta and been working for me on iOS 8, but the ones in most repos is the old version that doesn't work on 8

Add the devs repo http://typ0s2d10.appspot.com/repo/

See how that works

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

BrainDance posted:

I tried this with a Korean bank app (the Nonghyup app) and while it got past the original message, it still wouldn't work.

Might have just been because the app is poo poo though. :/

Doesn't work for Hana either. App just crashes now. KEB works though!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Does anyone know of a tweak that works on IOS 8.1 to allow a bluetooth keyboard shortcut to send a SMS/iMessage?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Auxo 3 is supposed to come out tomorrow

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Christoff posted:

I may buy it if it has a good upgrade price for Auxo 2 purchasers, but Tage is Auxo without all the eyecandy and gets at least monthly updates, which I can't say the same for Auxo. Tage is like Zephyr plus.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Christoff posted:

It's out!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I've been digging tage. Let me know how it compares to Auxo 3

Only a $1 to upgrade I'll check it out

quote:

So what new features are here to justify the 99c price tag? Not really liking it if I'm paying a buck for iOS8 compatibility.

lmao

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 24, 2014

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Christoff posted:

Yeah I've been digging tage. Let me know how it compares to Auxo 3

Only a $1 to upgrade I'll check it out

lmao

Well, I didn't like it. Still waiting on AltKeyboard as well.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just got Auxo 3 and yeah I prefer tage. You can mix and match the 2 If you want

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Is there any way to take away the dictation icon on the keyboard and make the '123' button bigger instead of the space bar?

Also, are there any tweaks out for 8 that allow you to make the clock on the lockscreen a smaller font and with a different color? I used SubtleLock before but it's not updated yet.

edit: Wasn't there an app that broke down battery usage by app?

Bouchacha fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 25, 2014

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Bouchacha posted:

Is there any way to take away the dictation icon on the keyboard and make the '123' button bigger instead of the space bar?

edit: Wasn't there an app that broke down battery usage by app?

Both of these are in iOS 8 by default

General > Keyboard > Enable Dictation

General > Usage > Battery Usage

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Neat! Although the first doesn't make the '123' button wider. I keep accidently tapping the emoji button instead.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Detailedbatteryusage is the one you want

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Looking for a tweak that will let me hide certain icons from the status bar (the orientation lock icon specifically).

Senturion
Jul 29, 2013

ICHIBAHN posted:

Looking for a tweak that will let me hide certain icons from the status bar (the orientation lock icon specifically).

Looks like there are CleanStatus and No Rotation Status available for that. Though No Rotation Status appears to be active as soon as it's downloaded, and only deactivated by uninstalling, not sure on CleanStatus.

Or if you want to pay/already have it, apparently Springtomize will do it too.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Hideme8 can also do this.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

ICHIBAHN posted:

In addition to the ones already mentioned, Protean does this and a whole lot more.

Captainplankface
Nov 29, 2011
Pretty specific question here.
Let me preface this by saying I'm the biggest nooblord with regards to apple and in particular jailbreaking you could ever meet. I don't even know if jailbreaking would even solve my problem, though it does seem to be p. cool regardless and it seems like jailbreaking it could possibly be a solution.

Alright. So I'm in the advantageous position to be able to get an Iphone 5s or 6 from Japan. I have euros and with this great exchange rate getting one here would be amazingly cheap. Feeling pretty smug about myself, but then after heading to the apple store in Japan I received the disappointing news that Apple Japan has recently (1 month ago) stopped selling simlock free phones. drat you, random chance! I don't live here and my time is limited, so buying a locked one is not something I feel like doing.

So here's the inevitable question: Can I unlock the phone myself (possibly by jailbreaking it), or do I try to find a service (possibly the telecom provider itself)? Is there a difference between jailbreaking the 5s and 6 in difficulty and success rate? Do you think the telecom provider/phone being Japanese will prove particularly challenging?

Again sorry if this is the wrong thread for this kind of question. I'm also an SA nooblord (starting to spot a pattern here) and I don't have search but I couldn't find a thread on the topic.

Thanks in advance

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
How much cheaper would it be? Because as far as I'm aware, you can't unlock an i5s/6 yourself. You have to go either to the telecom provider or pay a 3rd party to do it for you (eBay).

If Japan is anything like here in the UK, they will probably require you to have paid at least half of your contract term before they unlock your phone for you. In regards to the eBay services, I hear they work but can't personally vouch for them as I've never used them. I've also heard they charge silly amounts to unlock the newer models. Might be worth seeing if they offer unlocks for the Japanese carriers as well before a purchase.

In terms of jailbreaking, it is just as easy to jailbreak an i5 as an i6/6+. The newest software 8.1.2 is jailbreakable and is unteathered meaning it persists after a reboot.

Good luck :)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Any tweaks for iOS 8 that re-unifies Music, Videos, and Podcasts into one app?

Captainplankface
Nov 29, 2011

Hamburlgar posted:

How much cheaper would it be? Because as far as I'm aware, you can't unlock an i5s/6 yourself.

It's really insanely cheap here. Not only is the exchange rate great for buying in euro's (started slipping the past few days due to greece doing their utmost) at 145 yen to the euro (it was as low as 96 some 2 years ago) but I get the feeling that since apple isn't as popular in Japan as it is in Europe they price their stuff much more competitively.

I can get an Iphone 6 16gb for around 250 euros cheaper here than I would in the Netherlands, around 300 less for the 64gb version. Which is why I'm trying to find a solution to this unfortunate problem.

Anyway thanks for the response I am going to pursue the carrier lead. Just hope I'll be able to find someone who speaks English. My Japanese is... non-existant

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Captainplankface posted:

It's really insanely cheap here. Not only is the exchange rate great for buying in euro's (started slipping the past few days due to greece doing their utmost) at 145 yen to the euro (it was as low as 96 some 2 years ago) but I get the feeling that since apple isn't as popular in Japan as it is in Europe they price their stuff much more competitively.

I can get an Iphone 6 16gb for around 250 euros cheaper here than I would in the Netherlands, around 300 less for the 64gb version. Which is why I'm trying to find a solution to this unfortunate problem.

Anyway thanks for the response I am going to pursue the carrier lead. Just hope I'll be able to find someone who speaks English. My Japanese is... non-existant

You should know that all Japanese carriers never unlock their phones. It's in their contract when you buy the phone/service. That would leave you with only the 3rd party option. It may still be cheaper based on the exchange rate to buy the phone and the the unlock from the 3rd party, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Are there any good jailbreak apps that are for reading/downloading books?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Ebook apps are allowed in the AppStore, so I don't think there's much of a need or demand for them in cydia. There was one I saw but it was very old and I'm guessing from a time when there wasn't anything useful in the App Store. I installed it just to see what it did and from what I remember it did nothing.

You can sync epubs with iTunes and it works pretty seamlessly with iBooks, so I don't see why you would need a jailbreak app for that.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

goodness posted:

Are there any good jailbreak apps that are for reading/downloading books?

The best ePub reader I've found so far is Marvin, in the App Store.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Sidebooks is pretty decent, if a bit clunky, if you're into comics and manga and crap.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I think the only reason I would use anything besides iBooks is to avoid the excessive border padding but I don't care enough to pay even a dollar for that.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
Does anyone else here use Protean? I'm having trouble were certain icons are clearing out, nor are they showing up quickly.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
E:

Scratch that. After like the forth try I got recovery mode to work and iTunes finally recognized my phone. Never had trouble with it before.

Klowns fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 8, 2015

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
Random question: Has anyone with a JB'd 6+ on 8.1.2? I've been noticing some serious crashing issues, especially when rotating, and I'm not too sure what's up with it-- I don't have that much installed via Cydia, and it would really suck if this was a full-on "because it's jailbroken" issue.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

Ursine Asylum posted:

Random question: Has anyone with a JB'd 6+ on 8.1.2? I've been noticing some serious crashing issues, especially when rotating, and I'm not too sure what's up with it-- I don't have that much installed via Cydia, and it would really suck if this was a full-on "because it's jailbroken" issue.

The only crash I get regularly is "WeatherWidget" on my 64 gb 8.1.2 6+.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Ursine Asylum posted:

No issues with my 64GB 6+ and JB 8.1.2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Amazing Planet Money podcast episode on the whole Evad3rs and the Chinese app store debacle: http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2015/01/09/376164768/episode-596-johnny-mnemonic-s-secret-door

• Locked thread