Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Customfresh posted:

I just finished 1-400 a few weeks back. The new eps sound like grumpy old men. Seth used to have a calm and with deliberate outburst type approach but now he just goes straight to max insanity for no reason.

Still the best dancecast out there though.

push him to the ground and tell him to get out of the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Zesty Mordant posted:

Him. This person. This living human being, right here

pass

I refuse to believe this happened. Craig Ferguson must say his name at the beginning of the show, right? They must have met him before the show at some point, right?!

sorry, i can't help you

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Scut posted:

I'm indifferent when it comes to poetry, unless you count Seth's rants which are masterpieces. I've been doing long drives for work recently and I now try to save UYD eps just for the car. I'm on 438 now and Seth opens the show with his ran on Neil Young. Holy poo poo was it funny. I often use the clip of his Kenny Chesney rant to introduce new listeners to the podcast.

Christmas is around the corner. Get up on that merch sale and help out the best podcasters ever. I gotta get one of the embroidered patches for a sick vintage denim jacket I just found. The brand is called 'US Tops'.
http://shirtsanddestroy.com/uhhyeahdude

Mandatory Seth Sobriety Rant link.

Also thanks for the merch heads up, I think I'm gonna pick up one of each tote and a sticker or two.

Edit: Aww poo poo, no buy link on the totes, guess they're sold out.

Pompous Rhombus fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 9, 2014

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Does anyone know in which episode they talk about the crazy right-wing politician talking about giving his nephew a Bible, a compass and a rifle for his birthday?

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Binowru posted:

Does anyone know in which episode they talk about the crazy right-wing politician talking about giving his nephew a Bible, a compass and a rifle for his birthday?

http://archive.uhhyeahdu.de/episodes/episode-341

20m 38s

Quote of the Week: Before his fiery speech to attendees at the Values Voters Summit in Washington, D.C., perennial conservative favorite, Col. Oliver North, said he’s already planning on giving his latest newborn grandson a firearm. “A news flash – just an update on that biography. No. 13 arrived yesterday, and it’s our ninth grandson.” North said he gives the same three presents to each grandson on his 12th birthday. “I give all our grandsons – not when they’re born, but a little bit later because their moms insisted on it – I give each one of them three presents. The three presents are a shotgun, a Bible and a note with a compass attached to it. I say that if you learn to use all three – the shotgun, the Bible and the compass – you will never be lost, you will never be hungry and you need fear nothing, but you must learn to use all three. So No. 13 will get his when he turns 12.”

UYD: A shotgun, a Bible and a compass

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Jah bless this insane website.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

RustyTrombone posted:

http://archive.uhhyeahdu.de/episodes/episode-341

20m 38s

Quote of the Week: Before his fiery speech to attendees at the Values Voters Summit in Washington, D.C., perennial conservative favorite, Col. Oliver North, said he’s already planning on giving his latest newborn grandson a firearm. “A news flash – just an update on that biography. No. 13 arrived yesterday, and it’s our ninth grandson.” North said he gives the same three presents to each grandson on his 12th birthday. “I give all our grandsons – not when they’re born, but a little bit later because their moms insisted on it – I give each one of them three presents. The three presents are a shotgun, a Bible and a note with a compass attached to it. I say that if you learn to use all three – the shotgun, the Bible and the compass – you will never be lost, you will never be hungry and you need fear nothing, but you must learn to use all three. So No. 13 will get his when he turns 12.”

UYD: A shotgun, a Bible and a compass

Thanks! Gonna do another YouTube upload soon and this is definitely gonna be in it.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I wamt someone to compile all the celebrity name games into one long clip. Probably rivals to catch a predator and ask johnathon now

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Celebrity Name Game recaps always makes me feel bad because I haven't lived in America for 5 years and am pretty disconnected from the entertainment world, so my knowledge is poor enough that when Seth yells at them it cuts a little deep. I know most of the big names but there's usually at least one name I honestly probably haven't even heard before.

Of course I'm not a big enough doofus to try and go on a celebrity name game show

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Well, there's also the LA effect where Jonathan and Seth can't possibly conceive of how Hollywood actors aren't the center of the universe.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat

Anonymous Robot posted:

Well, there's also the LA effect where Jonathan and Seth can't possibly conceive of how Hollywood actors aren't the center of the universe.

I think it's episode 438 Seth is talking about not being able to buy some chocolate treat from a cafe because of a civil war in the country it's sourced from and he's like "Bitch I'm on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood!". I laughed so hard. They're always toeing the line between wanting to only exist in their own bubble and freaking out about how insanely cut off they are from the world.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

WYA posted:

I wamt someone to compile all the celebrity name games into one long clip. Probably rivals to catch a predator and ask johnathon now

I also want this.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

You could put Hollywood Game Night in there too.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Hey florida.

Todd Forklift
Dec 19, 2006

Lol I just checked this thread to make sure someone had linked to that

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

WYA posted:

I've only been listening to old episodes in an attempt to catch up to present day, so I don't really ever listen to the new episodes as they come out. I don't know why as there isn't a good reason for me to not listen to the new episodes as they are released in addition to listening through the back catelog. While the early show still hold up just fine and are still just as entertaining as I imagine they were when they first aired, it does seem like it would be extra fun listening to UYD while the topics are fresh. However, for some stupid reason I just always find myself plowing through the back catalog instead.

That said, hearing about the Celebrity Name Game bits all the time the past few months has been really tempting. It just seems like the perfect thing to just make Seth go bonkers and I can't wait hto listen to it. I think I'm gonna have to go back and listen from the episode where they first start doing the segment. Does anyone know what the first episode featuring Celebrity Name Game is?

Damo fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 11, 2014

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Damo posted:

That said, hearing about the Celebrity Name Game bits all the time the past few months has been really tempting. It just seems like the perfect thing to just make Seth go bonkers and I can't wait hto listen to it. I think I'm gonna have to go back and listen from the episode where they first start doing the segment. Does anyone know what the first episode featuring Celebrity Name Game is?

It actually started with Hollywood Game Night, and I think it was 405? The one with Terry Crosby the dumb firefighter?

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Soiled Meat

Damo posted:

While the early show still hold up just fine and are still just as entertaining as I imagine they were when they first aired, it does seem like it would be extra fun listening to UYD while the topics are fresh. However, for some stupid reason I just always find myself plowing through the back catalog instead.

When I got started with UYD I would alternate new episodes with old until I was eventually caught up. It didn't throw me off because even if the old stuff isn't super-current, it's still astonishingly relevant after 6+ years.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I just started from ep 1 and caught up to the very late 200s in about 4-5 months. My brother did it the opposite way, from most current all the way down. We both agree, anyway you listen to UYD is a good way.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

UYD added to SF Sketchfest.

http://sfsketchfest.com/x/shows/

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

This is so dope.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
Still waiting for Uhh Yeah Cruise 😪

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

So, anyone going to the live show this Saturday? Please don't let me drink at the Improv bar alone :(

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Soiled Meat
Comp my ticket from Toronto to HOLLYWEIRD :greatgift:

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Has someone documented all of the "UYD: tag line here" because that would be hilarious

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Customfresh posted:

Has someone documented all of the "UYD: tag line here" because that would be hilarious

on the old website it would randomize those up at the top of the page. pretty cool imo

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/wiki/UYD_Slogans/%22%20%20title=%22UYD_Slogans

ends at 363 though

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
UYD: The whitest diapers in the neighborhood

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Binowru posted:

So, anyone going to the live show this Saturday? Please don't let me drink at the Improv bar alone :(

I'll be there. Hopefully dragging my friends out too.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Binowru posted:

I somehow forgot this was even happening. I'll probably be there assuming I can find someone else to drag along.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
UYD: The Hottest Thing in Christian Fiction

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Damo posted:

UYD: The Hottest Thing in Christian Fiction

Literally stole that for a music project name. I swear I'll give UYD some royalities.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

441 just dropped like an early christmas miracle or unwanted Die Hard sequel.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm at #135 on my journey. We have to all get up on the UYDiet at least once.

You start you day with Seth's Breakfast: Egg McMuffins, get eight of them with ham cheese and egg, then throw the egg sections away and have your mom shout at you. Eight of them.

Then for dinner, you first hit Taco bell: Two side orders of just beans. Caramel Empanada. Then you hit the 7-11 and get a Peanut butter Clif bar, Diet Sunkist and a Strawberry MuscleMilk. Take your six goods, and arrange them in front of you. Eat the Clif bar last.

If you need a lunch in between there, maybe get on each of Jah's old and new Starbucks orders. Which are too complex to transcribe and were not part of ep #135.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

shadow puppet of a posted:

I'm at #135 on my journey. We have to all get up on the UYDiet at least once.

You start you day with Seth's Breakfast: Egg McMuffins, get eight of them with ham cheese and egg, then throw the egg sections away and have your mom shout at you. Eight of them.

Then for dinner, you first hit Taco bell: Two side orders of just beans. Caramel Empanada. Then you hit the 7-11 and get a Peanut butter Clif bar, Diet Sunkist and a Strawberry MuscleMilk. Take your six goods, and arrange them in front of you. Eat the Clif bar last.

If you need a lunch in between there, maybe get on each of Jah's old and new Starbucks orders. Which are too complex to transcribe and were not part of ep #135.

I went to find this on YouTube, and low and behold, it was on Binowru's channel! Seth's Awful Dinner

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Nice gif mate.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Thank you, I get that a lot.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Soiled Meat

Hocus Pocus posted:

I went to find this on YouTube, and low and behold, it was on Binowru's channel! Seth's Awful Dinner

Woah. That was a dark chapter... hilarious too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Johnathan Laroquette and White Gravy.