Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
How is Magatsu anyway? Pretty fun? lovely? Does it give out good exp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

How is Magatsu anyway? Pretty fun? lovely? Does it give out good exp?

I failed both of the runs I got to do, so i dunno about exp, but he was really fun to fight. Although he does take some getting used to when you're using melee weapons

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Xrd is occupying a lot of my time now so hopefully I get a chance to play again soon. Because apparently I can't have enough anime in my life.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
It's really intense in XH, but once the novelty wears off, it'll probably start to feel tedious. My groups failed the first one, A ranked the second. Weak Bullet is totally critical to winning, so if you don't have enough main/sub Rangers for 100% uptime, it's much harder to clear. It's kind of a pain as melee, though daggers and dual blades really shine for their aerial fighting ability. Having a vertical gap closer is really, really good for this fight.
I ran it as Hu/Br, and I found Guilty Break and Over End extremely useful for the hang time. It got me thinking about using Nova Strike for those weakpoints with the little platforms that come out, since you'd run less risk of clipping through and falling off/having Magatsu walk through you, but the lack of super armor means eating poo poo and losing DPS if you get winged mid-animation. I have always been terrible at platforming, though.
I also got jack poo poo for drops, but that's nothing new.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
since the current AC scratch has the Add Class (Techer) item in it, I should grab one and see how much the Bal Rodos rifle is and craft it into techer-dom for the "usless without 11 other people" Te/Ra build

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad I did the first 27 crafts for 7-9* melee weapons back when crafting first came out and I thought grinding out achievements was a good idea and not a huge waste of money.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I gave Magatsu a roll this morning. Honestly the biggest issue was sheer DPS. Oh well. Does Magatsu have its own set of units?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I gave Magatsu a roll this morning. Honestly the biggest issue was sheer DPS. Oh well. Does Magatsu have its own set of units?

He has a set of units that are similar to Gunne-Gam's, but have a bit less pp, 10 more atk, and better elemental resistances.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why are Cast parts so drat expensive anyway? I mean, lots of non-Cast costumes are too, but for Casts even off-the-shelf stuff is like 200k each, and anything else starts at like 600k.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

a lot of the older parts have been trashed for AC recycle items, leaving only the expensive stuff left.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Yeah, ironically, casts are the least played race, so a lot of their costume poo poo, especially male only, goes straight into the compactor at the recycle shop, since it would just hang around your My Shop for days otherwise. The last survey showed that a large majority of characters are female space elfs, so anything they can't wear is going to be recycle fodder.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, I am playing with my secondary character for now (trying ranger/braver, going for max weak point damage), and he's a male cast. No costume parts, go home.

edit: piercing shell sure is awesome compared to what it looks like. It goes pew, same as any other shot, but then wrecks poo poo. If only it was like the auger in Resistance and did more damage the more things it went though...

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Dec 19, 2014

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The coolest character i ever saw was a male Cast who was basically the "anthropomorphized" form of the ship from psx classic Square game Einhander.

It was pretty fuckin' sick

Definitely a more interesting concept and more effort than Bikini Anime Babe

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
Could someone upload their pso2launcher.exe/pso2updater.exe somewhere? I get stuck in a loop when trying to launch the game and none of the solutions I've seen have worked.

e: nevermind, got it to work with pso2-download.

Maha fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 19, 2014

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Protocol 5 posted:

Yeah, ironically, casts are the least played race, so a lot of their costume poo poo, especially male only, goes straight into the compactor at the recycle shop, since it would just hang around your My Shop for days otherwise. The last survey showed that a large majority of characters are female space elfs, so anything they can't wear is going to be recycle fodder.

This was actually one of the big things that led to me playing the game less, since I really love the male CAST costume pieces but in order to afford it I had to continuously log on and TACO every day. Really burnt myself out by playing anime robot dude dress-up. I kinda wish they'd make older CAST poo poo easier to get instead of just giving us re-releases and recolors randomly.

My inventory can't take it.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The whole system for casts kinda sucks. There's more customization, sure, but needing three rare cash shop items that are only usable by a single race is way out of whack. My support partner is a male cast, and he's using all stock parts, because to hell with paying through the nose for something purely cosmetic on a crap sidekick character.

It ought to work like accessories and come in sets of three, so you can mix and match pieces from any of the sets you own.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Protocol 5 posted:

The whole system for casts kinda sucks. There's more customization, sure, but needing three rare cash shop items that are only usable by a single race is way out of whack. My support partner is a male cast, and he's using all stock parts, because to hell with paying through the nose for something purely cosmetic on a crap sidekick character.

It ought to work like accessories and come in sets of three, so you can mix and match pieces from any of the sets you own.

Just going back and looking, it's been over half a year since I stopped playing and only two cast outfits have been added during that time period. What the hell.

At least the most recent one looks cool as hell I guess.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If you put effort towards it Casts truly are the raddest race

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I got the bear parts set for my support partner.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

If you put effort towards it Casts truly are the raddest race

Pretty much this.

Quick question since I haven't played for a bit. Does the Shoulder Shield accessory that came form scratch a while back go on the opposite shoulder of the Freeva shield? The Freeva set looks like it has one built in so I'm not sure.

Also how many times do I have to sacrifice myself to the TACO gods (or other ways of getting meseta) in order to get a Grandia cape?

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES

Samba De Amigo posted:

Also how many times do I have to sacrifice myself to the TACO gods (or other ways of getting meseta) in order to get a Grandia cape?
TACOs have been changed with the Episode 3 update. Each order is worth more now, but you can only get rewards from Clotho once a week. It's less money overall, but a lot less draining on your sanity. A full set will get you about 1.1m, assuming you take all the relevant orders and clear at least one Time Attack on Super Hard mode. In addition, Clotho has new Extreme Quest orders that reset once a week as well, netting you 800k for clearing 5 Extreme Quests, plus you only end up spending 2 XQ passes in total since each one gives you a free XQ pass. Daily Orders have been revamped too, and there are always a few big ticket orders daily worth about 100-130k, sometimes even getting 250k orders to defeat Bal Rodos. Finally, an update earlier this week bumped up money drops from enemies/boxes in exchange for not dropping as many junk items with no affixes, so you'll be getting more money from just playing the game as usual.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

AndyAML posted:

TACOs have been changed with the Episode 3 update. Each order is worth more now, but you can only get rewards from Clotho once a week. It's less money overall, but a lot less draining on your sanity. A full set will get you about 1.1m, assuming you take all the relevant orders and clear at least one Time Attack on Super Hard mode. In addition, Clotho has new Extreme Quest orders that reset once a week as well, netting you 800k for clearing 5 Extreme Quests, plus you only end up spending 2 XQ passes in total since each one gives you a free XQ pass. Daily Orders have been revamped too, and there are always a few big ticket orders daily worth about 100-130k, sometimes even getting 250k orders to defeat Bal Rodos. Finally, an update earlier this week bumped up money drops from enemies/boxes in exchange for not dropping as many junk items with no affixes, so you'll be getting more money from just playing the game as usual.

That sounds so much nicer.

I actually just couldn't bring myself to keep playing because of daily TACOs back during episode 2. Really glad they re-hauled that.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Yeah, since having something like 6M around the start of Ep.3, I saved up to a high of around 28M a couple weeks ago before I splurged 12M on 11 star weapons and affixing, just from doing dailies and time attacks. It adds up really fast if you don't feel the need to constantly buy big ticket costume stuff.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Protocol 5 posted:

Yeah, since having something like 6M around the start of Ep.3, I saved up to a high of around 28M a couple weeks ago before I splurged 12M on 11 star weapons and affixing, just from doing dailies and time attacks. It adds up really fast if you don't feel the need to constantly buy big ticket costume stuff.

I don't remember how much I quit with, but I was having lovely luck with getting guld milla to drop back then for my gunner so I just splurged on finishing off upgrading a surukurai. Other than that most of my money was spent towards accessory unlocks or (why do I do this to myself) room song tracks.

I think getting into a habit of tracking what accessories and songs I didn't have is probably what killed me more than the costumes lol.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Samba De Amigo posted:

I don't remember how much I quit with, but I was having lovely luck with getting guld milla
:smith:
I got some bad news for ya...

they pretty much nerfed the HP steal from it into the ground. it steals much less, and then caps at 50hp anyway.

on the other side, they buffed Perfect Keeper into being more like "average keeper" because it stays on as long as you are over 75%hp;

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%...7%E7%94%A8#cast also they have added 3 cast sets since the Quarry-themed parts with the giant legs; and.. uh have since also been adding in "new" parts and outfits that let organics wear full cast sets, and casts wear organic outfits where their main color is used for the outfit color. with the next new set of parts coming in mid-january I think.

and we havent seen any new "Gradient Varient" outfits/parts since the ones they added at the start of ep3 in the outfit shop nobody goes to; so I don't know if more of those are coming or not...

also trash outfits have jumped from around 120kish to 200k ever since the ultimate update; because demand skyrocked when more people started to find 12* items and 13* weapons came into existance, so people bought up outfits to get grind skip 7s because nobody wants to deal with grinding 12* and 13* weapons any more than they have to.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Weird. I always thought 200k was the floor price for any AC scratch item because of the recycle shop. It does suck for CASTs since they have to buy 3 pieces to get a full outfit (four if you include the super-expensive head!) while everyone else only buys one.

Alas, it'll probably never change since a vast majority of the playerbase are all lolis.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

MR. J posted:

Weird. I always thought 200k was the floor price for any AC scratch item because of the recycle shop. It does suck for CASTs since they have to buy 3 pieces to get a full outfit (four if you include the super-expensive head!) while everyone else only buys one.

Alas, it'll probably never change since a vast majority of the playerbase are all lolis.

Heads are the worst. The absolute worst.

NextTime000 posted:

on the other side, they buffed Perfect Keeper into being more like "average keeper" because it stays on as long as you are over 75%hp;

Lol.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

NextTime000 posted:

they pretty much nerfed the HP steal from it into the ground. it steals much less, and then caps at 50hp anyway.

Didn't they reduce the percentages by a ton, too? The wikis still list them as having 1 -> 2 -> 3% lifesteal, but my Celestial Bullet is, like, 0.03%.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
My level 3 one says 0.5%

I can't ever seem to heal more than 30 HP in one shot, so the 50 cap is not that relevant for now. The gun's pointless now. To be honest, with the neutering of S-Roll JA (a good thing) and the lack of any real compensation for power on PAs (a bad thing) gunner's probably the least played mainclass right now.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I have been playin around on Gunner since it was the 2nd to last class for me to take to 75, (saving Force for last but exp I earned from es has already gotten it to 72 :dogstare:) and so far TMGs don't really feel that bad.

they sure as hell are a lot more fun to use now that it is more than just roll>pa>roll>same pa> roll again>still that one pa

Aerial Shooting > Satellite Aim is fun to do, maybe slap Elder Rebellion at the end for the things you just blew away or to use instead of Aim by using a basic after Aerial instead of Aim.
Reverse Tap > Shift Period is another winner; heck I think Tap's damage has seen a good buff too.
Infinite Fire has seen better days, but it is still good for dealing damage while repositioning or closing the gap for another PA like Messiah Time.
but Dead Approach is pretty loving amazing at getting you into Zero Range now that it is a stun instead of a knockback. I have been following that up with Bullet Squall with rather surprising results.
I can't say the same for ol' Heel Stab though; I haven't seen it do much that has wowed me recently :shrug:

EDIT: wow what was I thinking Aerial Shooting > Bullet Squall is the way to go

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 19, 2014

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That's disgusting, Heel Stab was the best PA.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I still love Elder Rebellion and Bullet Squall almost entirely for their animations.

Also hi Samba.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is it bad that I am starting to find the terrible singing during the Christmas EQ endearing?

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is it bad that I am starting to find the terrible singing during the Christmas EQ endearing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y29qU2edNI

Embrace it. Become it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That was the music going in the ship when I first started playing this game. I will never forget it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Christmas NiGHTS is good.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kirbysuperstar posted:

I still love Elder Rebellion and Bullet Squall almost entirely for their animations.

Also hi Samba.

Dead Approach -> Elder Rebellion > Bullet Squall is my go-to for bosses. Elder Rebellion even makes for a nice mid-range snipe if you do manual targeting.

Biggsさんのセクハラ

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Is it wrong that the only thing that makes me mad about this picture is the top-right corner?

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 22, 2014

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

Also hi Samba.

Hello it is me.

Samurai Sanders posted:

That was the music going in the ship when I first started playing this game. I will never forget it.

The masks that came with that event made some of the best costumes. I loved every Eggman I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
Well, my character simply stopped accepting any clicks or keypresses. Already restarted the game and my computer, still rooted in place. It starts up and logs me in no problem, but all I can do is move the mouse to look around.

• Locked thread