Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
the dimension these guys live in must be so exciting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

quote:

quote:

I love how the WSJ staff takes down your comments when you post things that are constructive about correcting major inaccuracies in their articles.

What are we in a communist country?
sadly we are getting closer to being a communist country.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kirk posted:

theyre leasing space from the comp.sys.amiga.advocacy crew

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Kirk posted:

I am guessing that Blackberry OS 10 users could also soon gain access to the full iTunes App store as well with Apple CarPlay coming out which runs onto Blackberry OS in the automobile market.

..oh, he's guessing. no way.

i thought apple was on the cusp of collapsing before the might of BB's market relevance and opening the gates to the app store, which would run natively on this completely different platform because blackberry is magic as long as you believe

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Kirk posted:

yo joanna, get me outta dis wack app (liquid) crystal (display) prison

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

i must defend my mobile platform of choice 's virginal honor to the death

virginal because nobody uses it

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

infernal machines posted:

..oh, he's guessing. no way.

i thought apple was on the cusp of collapsing before the might of BB's market relevance and opening the gates to the app store, which would run natively on this completely different platform because blackberry is magic as long as you believe

my little qwerty: blackberry is magic

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Bobby Digital posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Bobby Digital posted:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

banned for bbrony-ism

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i find bronies to be objectionable

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

qirex posted:

banned for bbrony-ism
stay bold, bbronyboy

*dies macchioishly*

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
is blbackberry dead yet?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
i was having dinner with all the business journalists in ottawa the other day (there's like 8 of them) and they were all discussing how much they loved their blackberries and would never switch, then asked me what i use. i said "an iphone" and one or two of them were visibly displeased

it's a weird canadian thing

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
hmmm so all business "journalists" in canada use lovely phones you say

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nintendo Kid posted:

hmmm so all business "journalists" in canada use lovely phones you say

lol

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Blackula69 posted:

weird canadian thing
mods?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

please don't name yourself after my dong, tia

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Blackula69 posted:

one or two of them were visibly displeased

i'm pretty sure that's like equivalent to an american calling you a bunch of racial slurs and threatening to murder you

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Blackula69 posted:

i was having dinner with all the business journalists in ottawa the other day (there's like 8 of them) and they were all discussing how much they loved their blackberries and would never switch, then asked me what i use. i said "an iphone" and one or two of them were visibly displeased

it's a weird canadian thing

Lol you are so shameless

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

began reading the last page, expected another kirk meltdown

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

pram posted:

Lol you are so shameless

:pram:

none of them really know my name or care who i am, and none of you know or care who they are. when does it get shameless

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Because it's a humblebrag

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

it's literally a thing that happened to me related to blackberry and how the people who cover the company still have this weird love for it

it's not a humblebrag if nobody cares

pram
Jun 10, 2001
I was having dinner with Barack Hussein Obama in Air Force one and he still uses a blackberry lmao can you believe it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

all references to one's own life on the internet are either a brag or whining

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

pram posted:

I was having dinner with Barack Hussein Obama in Air Force one and he still uses a blackberry lmao can you believe it

cool

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

pram posted:

it's actually a BlackBarry

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Bobby Digital posted:

it's actually a half-BlackBarry

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

where's the original ssl cert? this one is clearly lacking an embossed seal

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

bbc posted:

Shares in Blackberry have fallen nearly 6% after the troubled smartphone maker reported a larger-than-expected drop in revenue during the third quarter.

Revenue fell to $793m from $1.19bn a year earlier, missing analyst expectations.

Chief executive John Chen said the revenue figure was "not satisfying".

However, he added that he thought Blackberry might be able to stabilise and grow its revenues by 2016, but that he could not promise profitability.

Blackberry also reported a net loss of $148m for the quarter, significantly less than the $4.4bn loss it reported a year earlier.

On Wednesday, the Canadian company launched a new phone called Classic, which was intended to appeal once more to business clients who liked the fact the smartphone included a keyboard.

A former titan, Blackberry once had a 50% share of the smartphone market in the US, but now barely ranks.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we've significantly reduced the blood loss from the artery and we're confident that we can stop the bleeding sometime after complete brain death

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

we rly need a bbry zealot itf

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

we've significantly reduced the blood loss from the artery and we're confident that we can stop the bleeding sometime after complete brain death

well, they're guaranteeing arrival to an eventual stable state. it'll just take a while but they can shorten it if they opt to cremate the corpse

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

theadder posted:

we rly need a bbry zealot itf

i live in canada and i know one IRL, literally the only one i've ever met. everyone else has long since lost the faith, or doesn't care much either way

i think finding one in yospos might be a tall order

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

get him an account asap

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

theadder posted:

get him an account asap

seeing as my company is employed by the organization he is a board member of, no, i don't think so

as much fun as that would be, he already hates me for convincing them to ditch bby four years ago

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

seeing as my company is employed by the organization he is a board member of, no, i don't think so

as much fun as that would be, he already hates me for convincing them to ditch bby four years ago

lol if u don't tank your employment prospects for the enjoyment of yospos

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Proteus4994 posted:

lol if u don't tank your employment prospects for the enjoyment of yospos

they just had a rather large board shuffle and the people who we've worked with for years are gone, we might well be fired anyway. in which case i'll buy him an account and leave the credentials on a YOSPOS business card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

hasnt even crackberry kevin given up now?

• Locked thread