Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Thatch vs Silva would be dope as gently caress probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
basically i just want thatch to be as good as i think he is

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Also can someone make a thread so we can talk about how thick Machida looks? Looks pretty thick.

e:

Dem delts doe

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

i believe in clarence byron dolloway, also get your picks in goonweight

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Pwny_Xpress posted:

You know he exists in the same universe and weight class as Brandon Thatch right? And Matt Brown.

And Ellenberger, and Condit, and Hendricks and Lawler. I think Silvas right there with those guys in terms of being really fast and being able to finish in the first round. Hes aggressive and powerful enough to hurt guys with every limb. I dont think he has the ability to sustain it like Condit, lawler, and some of those guys. But hes tough to take down and attacks a lot.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Also can someone make a thread so we can talk about how thick Machida looks? Looks pretty thick.

e:

So how do you get more muscle weight and still weigh in at 185? Because during the Weidman fight, he was looking pretty lean.

Cutting water weight?

don't gas on me, machida :ohdear:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

ceaselessfuture posted:

So how do you get more muscle weight and still weigh in at 185? Because during the Weidman fight, he was looking pretty lean.

Cutting water weight?

don't gas on me, machida :ohdear:

Depends on how much heavier he's gonna be tomorrow night I guess, but I feel like he's probably not making a big cut.

edit: for all we know he just got his diet even more under control and is just sitting at the same weight as the last fight, with lower body fat and more muscle.

1st AD fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 20, 2014

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

1st AD posted:

Depends on how much heavier he's gonna be tomorrow night I guess, but I feel like he's probably not making a big cut.

edit: for all we know he just got his diet even more under control and is just sitting at the same weight as the last fight, with lower body fat and more muscle.

Didnt we have reports that he felt too skinny for Weidman and had switch up his S&C to bulk up??

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
He made 185 with his shorts on, so the cut probably isn't all that hard for him. He just lost a good bit of body fat and cuts some amount of water weight so he could afford to put on some muscle.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

canoshiz posted:

He made 185 with his shorts on, so the cut probably isn't all that hard for him. He just lost a good bit of body fat and cuts some amount of water weight so he could afford to put on some muscle.

I don't think he really cut at all to make 205.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Dude was chubby at 205, especially earlier in his career. I wonder if he even cut water weight for the Weidman fight.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dangersim posted:

I don't think he really cut at all to make 205.

One time he weighed in at 203

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
If there isn't a GDT in an hour, I will create one... and no one wants that.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Didnt we have reports that he felt too skinny for Weidman and had switch up his S&C to bulk up??

fatherdog posted:

New Machida video for this weekend -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDD3GdgmqSc

High points -

• New strength and conditioning program for this fight, felt he was "too skinny" against Weidman

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Does thatch have any wrestling?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

How nuts is Brazil that living in LA is calm? Also nice to see Vladdy is getting work.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

e:

Oh, boy. I am excited. I think I'm excited about the fight.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/546161114955153409

quote:

when u do everything they tell u and still get released that's fuked up .. #lettemstay

I don't know what to make of this, but there it is?!

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Lid posted:

One time he weighed in at 203

Pretty sure he came in at like 199 once, but I think he was sick.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Fozzy The Bear posted:

If there isn't a GDT in an hour, I will create one... and no one wants that.

I warned you guys
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689132

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Stokes posted:

https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/546161114955153409

I don't know what to make of this, but there it is?!

Over on sherdog there is a lot of posts from fighters, Pete Spratt specifically, who are coming to the fore over how the UFC had mistreated them or underpaid them in light of the class action. Essentially there are a lot of skeletons jumping out of closets and Nate's on their side.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/...er-pay-mma-news

Spratt says he was cut after he refused to fight Hughes as Hughes was 50/50 while he would've only received 8/8.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
They matched me up against guys who had grappled before. it was Wrong. and I will stand up against it.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

The funny part is that after turning down the fight with Hughes, he ended up having to fight GSP in TKO instead. :laugh:

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Lid posted:

Over on sherdog there is a lot of posts from fighters, Pete Spratt specifically, who are coming to the fore over how the UFC had mistreated them or underpaid them in light of the class action. Essentially there are a lot of skeletons jumping out of closets and Nate's on their side.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/...er-pay-mma-news

Spratt says he was cut after he refused to fight Hughes as Hughes was 50/50 while he would've only received 8/8.

In 2003 the UFC was millions of dollars in debt, no fighter could complain about pay back then.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 20, 2014

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Machida used to post pics of him eating big meals the night before weighing in at 205. For his first MW weigh in, I think he was maybe a pound or two over on the morning of the weigh-ins, so he did a single yoga class to get under the limit. He's got plenty of room to grow at even at MW without needing to make a big cut. I just hope he can take advantage of his new size/strength before he Gets Old.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Ariza posted:

Anything worth thinking about from tomorrow's fights?

Last chance for Tom Niinimäki. Had high hopes after he outgrappled Rani Yahya but went on to lose 2 in a row. Last one to Chas Skelly who just based on his name should be fighting Hooker Godbeer in Bellator or something. Thought he was cut actually but apparently not.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bundt Cake posted:

They matched me up against guys who had grappled before. it was Wrong. and I will stand up against it.

If Nate could stand up against grappling he wouldn't be in this situation.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

the big announcement on the main card is that rampage is back btw

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Yuriy posted:

hope so, that would be cool.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

What the hell is there for Rampage even, a Hendo rematch?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Rampage / Shogun

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bluedeanie posted:

Maybe Shogun.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Rampage should fight Renan Barao so he can try to get his win back over Monster and Barao can try to get his win back over something tubby.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Bluedeanie posted:

Shogun rematch, Maldonado, RYAN F'N BADER rematch.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Rampage should fight Renan Barao so he can try to get his win back over Monster and Barao can try to get his win back over something tubby.

this did not come out too well

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I thought Rampage burned his Reebok deal? Or did I just assume that because Rampage?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Rampage was definitely making GBS threads on Reebok earlier this year so we will see how that goes.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Josh Gross posted:

Verbatim text, including smiley face, last night from @ScottCoker: "Rampage has a contract. Should get interesting! :)"

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Pretty weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Yuriy posted:

It hasn't been officially announced yet though, right? Might not be true?

• Locked thread