Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Weren't Squires just pretty decent in general strat or tele?

I'm starting to only use hygiene products with b+w photos of old white dudes on the label.

colas has a new favorite as of 01:51 on Dec 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

:getin:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

drat, the blue looks great. I picked up a red 07 a couple months ago and love it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

What forks did they swap onto it? Also, I'd recommend putting a fender on asap. Don't want your brake lines getting pulled into that wheel and sending you into the asphalt.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

^ Def, the guy took good care of the bike but never had a chance to finish up the front end swap. It's got parts from a gsxr 1k+750+600, real frankenbike up front. Fender + speedo sensor will get me sorted.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

M42 posted:

^ Def, the guy took good care of the bike but never had a chance to finish up the front end swap. It's got parts from a gsxr 1k+750+600, real frankenbike up front. Fender + speedo sensor will get me sorted.

Nice. Frankenbikes are the best bikes.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
God I love these things.

Leon Black
Sep 2, 2004

Say whaaaat?

From here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KZD9G4I

Can't wait!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

OptimusMatrix posted:

God I love these things.

That one specifically? I wouldn't think there's enough resolution from just putting a Note 4 in front of your face.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

That one specifically? I wouldn't think there's enough resolution from just putting a Note 4 in front of your face.
The Note 4 has a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels, while the Occulus Rift DK2 is 1920×1080.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

OptimusMatrix posted:

God I love these things.

Please let me know the second GTA5 for PC gets working with this.

Edit: nevermind this is the one you have to have the note 4 to use, I had thought they were simply integrating the note4's screen into the oculus interface.

davebo has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Dec 19, 2014

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Building a new (and smaller) HTPC as an early Christmas present for my wife and myself:

Celeron NUC, 64 GB mSATA SSD & 4 GB DDR3.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Just bought this for the best man at my wedding.

Available here: http://futurezine.storenvy.com/products/10507797-son-of-a-bitch-patch

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Wanted to revive my old piano hobby and bought a Kawai VPC1 midi keyboard with K&M stand & bench. The quality & engineering of K&M products especially surprised me. Feels very durable and doesn't wobble at all. Should have bought their sheet music holder too, since the one with the keyboard is quite awful :v:

Just need to locate my zip ties so I can do something to the random wires all around.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Available here: http://futurezine.storenvy.com/products/10507797-son-of-a-bitch-patch

Well, I guess this is everyone's xmas present.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Brand new Sigma 30mm f/1.4 for $200? gently caress yeah! Also,

Zoom H4n recorder and Sony MDR-7506 headphones (which sound weird, coming from my old AKGs. Gonna take some getting used to).

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vastarien posted:

:awesome:

Link pls?

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001

BenQ XL2720Z. Was excited to see what 144Hz FPS was all about. Paid extra for 2 day shipping from newegg so I would have it today. Check UPS tracking this morning and it's delayed until Monday. Meh.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Buglord

I bought it from a local guy. Sorry! The guy bought it new for a video project and ended up not using it. It sat in a closet until he decided to clear out some stuff. It was just a lucky find.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

davebo posted:

Please let me know the second GTA5 for PC gets working with this.

Edit: nevermind this is the one you have to have the note 4 to use, I had thought they were simply integrating the note4's screen into the oculus interface.

The Oculus already uses Note screens.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Following up on boot chat from earlier, just a heads up for everyone that Amazon has a code right now for 25% off boots that works on Red Wings, Chippewas, and wolverines (and maybe others). Just picked up a sweet pair of Chippewa Service Boots as a result.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Well, as a combo birthday present (his and mine), wedding anniversary (#15), and early Xmas pressie....we now actually have a nice TV and speakers.

http://smile.amazon.com/VIZIO-E600i-B3-60-Inch-1080p-Smart/dp/B00GTE0VJ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1419025130&sr=1-1&keywords=vizio+tv

and some sort of Vizio 5.1 surround sound speaker things.

He says they are good, I don't really know much about it but I can actually see the TV now :) YAY!!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

The Oculus already uses Note screens.

Okay I guess that's what I was thinking of then. So this Gear VR (powered by Oculus) lets you stick a Note 4 in front of your eyeballs, but the website doesn't mention anything about hooking it up to a PC to use with games like the Oculus Rift can? And the Rift is aiming to lower the cost a bit when it hits a consumer model, which would put it not too far from the price of this note4-holding device? I assume in 20 years we'll be able to play Far Cry 19 at max settings from our cell phones in 3D but for now isn't the ability to use your VR headset with a powerful gaming system sort of a given? Or is this a feature that'll be integrated later?

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Got my kids Xmas stuff in...

(Not pictured Lego friends cruise boat/daft Milo robot and ugly pet)

Also 3x tickets to the Hobbit on Sunday and a Dancing Kroot and the Governor pop vinyls for two friends.

....And a bottle of JD & Kraken since they were both £15 each in the shop ...

( hope no table's get broke, phone posting.)

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! has a new favorite as of 00:59 on Dec 20, 2014

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Achievement unlocked: Best Man

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Samsung 500GB 840 EVO SSD to replace the 128GB Patriot Pyro SSD I've been using for the past like 2 and a half years.

And this too, because it was on sale and I wanted to get a Tycho shirt eventually anyway:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Vastarien posted:

Zoom H4n recorder and Sony MDR-7506 headphones (which sound weird, coming from my old AKGs. Gonna take some getting used to).

I had a Zoom PS04, but the interface was horribly designed. Learning how to do anything beyond the most basic tasks was confusing as hell, and it used uncommon memory cards that were expensive, and ultimately the buttons started getting stuck. I was able to record much better sounding demo's with an iPhone and an iRig adapter, using NanoStudio and JamUP, which was a lot easier and cheaper as well. Hopefully they got their poo poo together.

I was also using those same headphones. Great sound, but the paper thin leather veneer over the earmuffs slowly came off and left little bits of black material all over the house.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

ChocNitty posted:

Hopefully they got their poo poo together.
They did. The H4n is great.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Vastarien posted:

The 7506 are studio monitors. Nice for monitoring but a bit fatiguing to listen to.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Buglord

ChocNitty posted:

I had a Zoom PS04, but the interface was horribly designed. Learning how to do anything beyond the most basic tasks was confusing as hell, and it used uncommon memory cards that were expensive, and ultimately the buttons started getting stuck. I was able to record much better sounding demo's with an iPhone and an iRig adapter, using NanoStudio and JamUP, which was a lot easier and cheaper as well. Hopefully they got their poo poo together.

The H4n is super easy to get the hang of. The menu system feels just a little clunky (compared to my old Tascam DR-40) but easy to navigate through. The button layout and everything is simple enough. My only complaint is that there's no protection for the mics (it's guaranteed that I'll eventually drop this thing) or locking XLR inputs like on the DR-40. Still, the sound it captures is great and I'm really happy with it.

Josh Lyman posted:

The 7506 are studio monitors. Nice for monitoring but a bit fatiguing to listen to.
Yeah, I think I'll stick with my old AKGs for general listening. The higher-range frequencies of the 7506s are pretty rough on my ears. When I first got them, I was shuffling through some music and something from Metallica's And Justice for All album came on and nearly killed me.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Vastarien posted:

I bought it from a local guy. Sorry! The guy bought it new for a video project and ended up not using it. It sat in a closet until he decided to clear out some stuff. It was just a lucky find.

It's a drat good lens, even at full price. I wish it worked on a full frame camera though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Okay, here's a question related to CAH I never knew where to ask before. How the gently caress does everyone shuffle the thousands of cards they have? Do you just cut the deck and pass them around for everyone to shuffle? Shuffling machines are only good for like 200 cards at a time or so.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

IUG posted:

Okay, here's a question related to CAH I never knew where to ask before. How the gently caress does everyone shuffle the thousands of cards they have? Do you just cut the deck and pass them around for everyone to shuffle? Shuffling machines are only good for like 200 cards at a time or so.

Either by magic, or by not giving a gently caress.

Personally, I just grab a random bunch, shuffle, and that's what we start with. From there, any new cards are grabbed from the box by whoever. If you play to win, you're playing it wrong.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Either by magic, or by not giving a gently caress.

Personally, I just grab a random bunch, shuffle, and that's what we start with. From there, any new cards are grabbed from the box by whoever. If you play to win, you're playing it wrong.

No matter what you do if CAH is involved then your doing it wrong.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I bought a new running shoe. Pegasus 31s

I do not like running but I needed em since I'm doing the Spartan trifecta this year and need to get on that cardio "thing"

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rumda posted:

No matter what you do if CAH is involved then your doing it wrong.

How do you get to be so wrong in such a short sentence?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

PCOS Bill posted:

Someone got burned by a box of poo poo, probably.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

PCOS Bill posted:

Its an awful game and doesn't deserve to be even a tenth as popular as it is.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Who gives a gently caress, let's get the thread going again.

I'm gonna brush my teeth with black monkey powder. Why the hell not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

colas posted:

Who gives a gently caress, let's get the thread going again.

I'm gonna brush my teeth with black monkey powder. Why the hell not.

This seems interesting and the fact that the recommended use is to not use a toothbrush is weird