Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

oh lmao this is the phone theyve pinned their future on, i only just saw it

i cant decide whether im the reset button listed as a feature or the speed comparison to a 3 year old phone that was slow as gently caress at the time anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2014-12-19/hands-on-with-the-blackberry-classic

greatest pictures in a phone review article since the slice of cheese

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
i really don't get why bbry doesn't scrap blackberry os and develop an android phone with a "classic" form factor.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

FrozenVent posted:

http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2014-12-19/hands-on-with-the-blackberry-classic

:laffo:

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

FrozenVent posted:

BARONS BLACKBERRY TOUCHER

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
it's the ghost of smartphones past

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

infernal machines posted:

seeing as my company is employed by the organization he is a board member of, no, i don't think so

as much fun as that would be, he already hates me for convincing them to ditch bby four years ago

i demand that u sacrifice urself 4 my enjoyment op

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

theadder posted:

we rly need a bbry zealot itf

the last guy in the iyg blackberry thread gave up earlier this month

pram
Jun 10, 2001
game over man

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

.... wow

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

i cant decide whether im the reset button listed as a feature or the speed comparison to a 3 year old phone that was slow as gently caress at the time anyway.

blackberry phone needs a reset button

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
resetting the phone is an action that happens often enough to warrant a hardware trigger

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
gently caress a reset button, make a button that pulls the battery and reinserts it

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
the reset button is conveniently placed exactly where my index finger usually is when I'm holding a phone and also where the top of my car phone cradle hits it

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

jesus its not even a touchscreen phone

in tyool 2014

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

its not even a touchscreen phone

whoa whoa whoa

what

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
im gettin real heated about phones

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get heated at 300 degrees for about an hour and you'll be a blackberry pie

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

uncurable mlady posted:

jesus its not even a touchscreen phone

in tyool 2014

it has a touch screen but none of the five buyers have figured it out yet

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Kirk posted:

blackberry phone needs a reset button

i'm the brag about being 3 times faster than a lower mid range phone at best from 3 years ago

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

FrozenVent posted:

quote:

The Bloomberg piece also recalled an October blog post from Chen in which he reflected that “it’s tempting, in a rapidly changing, rapidly growing mobile market, to change for the sake of change—to mimic what’s trendy.”

No danger here.

:thurman:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Thanks Ants posted:

pressing both volume buttons looks like it would be intensely aggravating

pram
Jun 10, 2001
crackberry back with a vengeance

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nintendo Kid posted:

the last guy in the iyg blackberry thread gave up earlier this month

MobileOSMarketShareLessThanSymbian.png

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

what was the last smartphone to use a stainless steel chassis?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

all the good jokes for this phone were made on page 3 in February/March

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Blackula69 posted:

it's a weird canadian thing

plz dont besmirch canada with this nonsense

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wait theres a power button to turn the phone on and off which also resets it, and holding the end call button also turns it off.

theres more physical buttons to switch the phone off than there are to take a picture

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
it's really surprising you have to manually reset the blackberry these days, you'd think their qnx stuff would be able to reboot itself mid flight like those cars that would accelerate infinitely

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The Q20 weighs more than an iPhone 6 Plus, but has the chip from the Playbook. :downsbravo:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

"Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it does not work, you can always hit them with it."
- Boris "The Blade"

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

ahmeni posted:

it's really surprising you have to manually reset the blackberry these days, you'd think their qnx stuff would be able to reboot itself mid flight like those cars that would accelerate infinitely

I'm sure the kernel is fine. figuring out that user space has wedged itself into a condition it will never recover from is very difficult to do, so the kernel doesn't know the system needs a reboot.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

The Management posted:

I'm sure the kernel is fine. figuring out that user space has wedged itself into a condition it will never recover from is very difficult to do, so the kernel doesn't know the system needs a reboot.

is this is a metaphor for blackberry the corporation

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Mister Macys posted:

"Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it does not work, you can always hit them with it."
- Boris "The Blade"
:irony:

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

how did i miss this - blackberry and boeing are collaborating on making the phone to save you from having a bad phone

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Thanks Ants posted:

i had a blackberry for a job a few years ago, and the keyboard was genuinely pleasant to use, with the keys laid out like on a proper keyboard. when you lay out all the keys in a grid like this, it looks like you're going for some kind of old-timey computer design

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

prefect posted:

i had a blackberry for a job a few years ago, and the keyboard was genuinely pleasant to use, with the keys laid out like on a proper keyboard. when you lay out all the keys in a grid like this, it looks like you're going for some kind of old-timey computer design

tbf this is the keyboard theyve been using since the bold so current self-professed blackberry addicts will be used to it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nelson MandEULA posted:

tbf this is the keyboard theyve been using since the bold so current self-professed blackberry addicts will be used to it.

i finally looked up the guy in your avatar, and he definitely sounds like a creep. i was wondering for a long time who he was

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

prefect posted:

i finally looked up the guy in your avatar, and he definitely sounds like a creep. i was wondering for a long time who he was

well then this might interest you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nelson MandEULA posted:

well then this might interest you

i'm at work, so i can't watch it now, but i will make sure i check it out. i've liked all the charlie brooker videos i've seen so far, and he employs doug stanhope, so he's good in my book :D

• Locked thread