Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Quite likely has an LSD though, and ford factory diff bearings are made of cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/4797597298.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

lovely cell shot, but I had to grab a pic. It also had yellow and green flames down the side. Also note the Bald Eagle plate. :911: as gently caress :v:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

quote:

It is built on a 1988 Pontiac Fiero with the Iron Duke I-4 mid-engine and has an Automatic transmission.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Is this real life? Everything, every sentence, is a massive joke.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

"Will trade for a late 70's Firebird or late 70's Stingray Corvette and not consider any other offers. All other trade offers are a waste of your time, bandwidth, and cell data usage." he said in a monotone drawl, brushing his mullet back casually.

listing posted:

shaved door handles. opening is done with cables behind the front tires. you can see these cable in the photos below and there is also a demonstration on how to open the doors in the video below

Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
It's an F40 replica for people who've never seen an F40 before.

Also, obligatory "it's always a Fiero".

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

quote:

To me, the only known issue is that the fly wheel is missing a couple of teeth. This hasn't really been a problem for me as these missing teeth only line up with the starter on a very rare basis. When they do line up, it is very easy to correct the problem and I use a socket and extension to do a small turn on the engine from the passenger side wheel well. This moves the flywheel missing teeth past the starter gear.

Slavvy posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Which leads to my favorite part :

quote:

The socket and extension will be included with the car.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

HotCanadianChick posted:

It's an F40 replica for people who've never seen an F40 before.

Also, obligatory "it's always a Fiero".

I know the fiero is a kit car maker's wet dream because of those plastic body panels but really if you're going to be a fraud at least put a bit of money into it and start with an MR2 so you have some semblance of performance.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 223 days!)

1500quidporsche posted:

I know the fiero is a kit car maker's wet dream because of those plastic body panels but really if you're going to be a fraud at least put a bit of money into it and start with an MR2 so you have some semblance of performance.

I've never seen an MR2 kit at the back of a cutrate nudie mag classifieds section.

Uh, that is to say, uhm...

Err...

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

1500quidporsche posted:

The mr2 was a unibody, mostly made out of rust these days; the fiero is a space/frame chassis you can attach things too.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Also, you can't cram a small block or 3800 SC in a MR2 :colbert:

I would unironically love to find a pristine late Fiero GT. There's a couple here in town that are mint.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Somehow, I don't feel blessed.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Huh, what's that?

Oh for gently caress's sake

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

That is so clean :swoon:

Not worth it but drat that's a good looking example of what I'd like.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The 1984-1986 Fieros are literally a microcosm of why GM is so full of fail.

Marketing: "Hey guys, lets build a mid-engine two seat sports car, to bring some excitement to the brand."
Engineering: "Here's the design. It will pretty thoroughly stomp anything at its price point, and won't cost a billion dollars to build. We think it's a pretty competitive car."
Accounting: "It has to be fuel efficient, and cheap. You have to use the front suspension parts from the Chevette for the front suspension, and the front suspension parts from the Citation for the rear suspension."
Engineering: :stare:
Marketing: "We can bill it as a thrifty, sporty runabout."
Accounting: "Instead of the aluminum V-6 you were talking about, use the Iron Duke 4 cylinder."
Engineering: :stonk:
Marketing: "It WILL have pretty impressive mileage, with that powertrain..."
Accounting: "In fact, we don't really like your project manager, so just build it with whatever you have laying around."
Engineering: :suicide:
Marketing: "Lets go get some drinks."

A year later...

Public Relations: "Hey guys, did you know that these things can catch fire pretty easily?"

The fire issues were mostly limited to the 1984 model year, and the 1988 finally got the originally-designed suspension, which actually turned it into a respectable small sports-car. The powertrain still wasn't up to the level of its competition, though. Just as it got kindof good, GM axed it. They have a habit of doing that.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The fact that the version that was the best in relation to contemporary japanese cars, the v6, was auto only is just really depressing and GM to the hilt.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Slavvy posted:

The fact that the version that was the best in relation to contemporary japanese cars, the v6, was auto only is just really depressing and GM to the hilt.

There was a 5 speed offered for the V6, they used a copy of the getrag 282

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Has there ever been a model that GM finally got around to fixing that wasn't immediately axed?

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!

1500quidporsche posted:

Has there ever been a model that GM finally got around to fixing that wasn't immediately axed?

The original ZR1 maybe?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

Huh, what's that?

Oh for gently caress's sake

OK, that's loving awesome.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Powershift posted:

OK, that's loving awesome.

I can't figure out if he hand picked the letters, or if someone actually is selling a CAMERO badge. Either way, that's hilarious.

Snapchatters will recognize this ride:

:spergin:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Bajaha posted:

I can't figure out if he hand picked the letters, or if someone actually is selling a CAMERO badge. Either way, that's hilarious.

Snapchatters will recognize this ride:

:spergin:

They look like the letters you buy at an Autozone.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

rscott posted:

There was a 5 speed offered for the V6, they used a copy of the getrag 282

Huh. Shows what I know! Makes me wonder why they aren't more popular for track days etc. Seems like good handling, all the retarded issues fixed and an infinitely improvable, common-as-dirt unburstable 3800 are a winning combination.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Slavvy posted:

Huh. Shows what I know! Makes me wonder why they aren't more popular for track days etc. Seems like good handling, all the retarded issues fixed and an infinitely improvable, common-as-dirt unburstable 3800 are a winning combination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRR8RlAQro0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQik057778U

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Two related videos away and I landed on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWHQBcLgt8s

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Driving technique about what you would expect from a fiero owner.

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer
This is my friends Fiero...basically you start with an 88 and then change the engine and the suspension and the steering. But then it works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVBLU1fhqnY

Here's him driving it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqf3OraBgRM

edit://

Also we rallycrossed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lTO_BN4Lqg

I broke a strut tower!

the poi fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 21, 2014

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
This is pretty terrible car stuff.
As a result of this miata failing to yield to on-coming traffic, Cars and coffee irvine died a week early.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Who has dibs on the hard top? :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Viggen posted:

Who has dibs on the hard top? :v:

People were already bidding on it before the fire department arrived.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

nm posted:

People were already bidding on it before the fire department arrived.

My side is getting just as incestuous. "Bummer about the car, man. Glad you survived. I want the [front clip/windshield wiper transmission/et al]."

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The cones make it look like he was auto crossing and a dumbass in a truck came on to the course on accident.

So because one guy was stupid cars and coffee got axed? Sounds like they were looking for a reason.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

the poi posted:

This is my friends Fiero...basically you start with an 88 and then change the engine and the suspension and the steering. But then it works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVBLU1fhqnY

Haha, 3.4L DOHC and only 220hp? Sweet jesus that's terrible. :negative:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

leica posted:

So because one guy was stupid cars and coffee got axed? Sounds like they were looking for a reason.

It was already dead. This just killed it a little earlier.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ratbert90 posted:

Haha, 3.4L DOHC and only 220hp? Sweet jesus that's terrible. :negative:

That's a respectable figure for the 80's. BMW's first 4.0L DOHC v8 made 280hp in 1993. You could reasonably expect around 150-200hp from a NA Japanese ~3.0L engine of the time. Especially with American emissions standards and petrol of the day.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Slavvy posted:

That's a respectable figure for the 80's. BMW's first 4.0L DOHC v8 made 280hp in 1993. You could reasonably expect around 150-200hp from a NA Japanese ~3.0L engine of the time. Especially with American emissions standards and petrol of the day.

Yeah the 5.0L Holden engine of the early-mid 90s made 185kW, or about 250hp. Bigger engine for even less power than the BMW!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Memento posted:

Yeah the 5.0L Holden engine of the early-mid 90s made 185kW, or about 250hp. Bigger engine for even less power than the BMW!

Ford still puts the 2 valve 5.4 in the E350 cutaway that makes a pavement pounding 255hp. They say they're going to keep building it until "the end of the decade" as well.

Don't worry, though, it's only used for lame poo poo like ambulances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Memento posted:

The best was the VL/VK era 5.0 that made a staggering 150hp. The RB30E in the VL outgunned the 308 of the time!