Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Same this is only acceptable if there's a jedi graboid whose mouth tentacles each have a lightsaber

Who would win between that guy and lightsaber knees??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Happy Bear Suit posted:

of course there is :ughh:

just goes to show the most ridiculous ideas will at least partially be authentic EU ideas

if not that, then a mildly-amusing Robot Chicken sketch

is robit chicken considered EU?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

spacemang_spliff posted:

is robit chicken considered EU?

it's bad enough to be

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

The longest fictional work in the English language is a Smash Bros fan fiction.

fanfiction is something one guy can bang out on his laptop

by its very nature a fan film is a collaborative effort. it isn't just one weird guy frittering away his life masturbating, it's a bunch of people spending their weekends and god knows how much money on a lovely movie that will be C&D'd out of existence the one time they try and show it at a local comic book convention but coming up with original stuff is hard and oh man the world has to experience their vision of Batman sexually assaulting a man in prison before killing himself or Megaman as a pudgy asian college student in CGI armor

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

But Boner from Growing Pains is obviously the best Joker ever, much better than all those award winning actors who portrayed him in so call "real" Batman movies.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

good god :ughh:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Happy Bear Suit posted:

of course there is :ughh:

just goes to show the most ridiculous ideas will at least partially be authentic EU ideas

if not that, then a mildly-amusing Robot Chicken sketch

There's a robot chicken sketch where Luke encounters that Wampa again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxAYii0TDSw

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

onderon & dxun are objectively cool as poo poo

Narratively speaking, I hope. That moon is going to collide with the planet if it gets any closer, and the tidal forces should have blown Onderon to smithereens by now. Dxun is close enough to Onderon that they share the upper levels of their atmospheres.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Narratively speaking, I hope. That moon is going to collide with the planet if it gets any closer, and the tidal forces should have blown Onderon to smithereens by now. Dxun is close enough to Onderon that they share the upper levels of their atmospheres.

gently caress off science bitch, mandalorians :black101:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

There's a robot chicken sketch where Luke encounters that Wampa again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxAYii0TDSw

holy poo poo that was less funny than family guy

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The only bit in Robot Chicken Star Wars that made me laugh was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07zLbgXElsA&t=21s

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Hellsau posted:

holy poo poo that was less funny than family guy

I don't believe an amputee having difficulties is supposed to be funny, I think it's just supposed to be sad and horrifying to see the long term results of an act of violence.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I don't believe an amputee having difficulties is supposed to be funny, I think it's just supposed to be sad and horrifying to see the long term results of an act of violence.

And what better medium for a somber reflection on surviving violence than a Claymation skit about a kid's movie on a comedy channel

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

And what better medium for a somber reflection on surviving violence than a Claymation skit about a kid's movie on a comedy channel

that's pretty much Robot Chicken's format, taking all those "whoa this thing for kids is actually really f*cked up if you think about it!!!" posts from 10 years ago and turning them into awful sketches that run it into the ground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9D3FQlekrM

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Oh the Cryptkeeper one is kinda good too.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Putting the cup on holo vader made me laugh

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

fan films are the saddest loving thing, it's basically everybody involved admitting that they can't hack it in the real world so instead they ride the coattails of a popular thing in exchange for never being able to profit off of or even officially show the drat thing

To be honest, most of the early fan films were mostly portfolio work. One of the enlightening ones was "Grayson", where the director even made a making of video where he broke down what it took, how he cast the film, how he budgeted his film, etc. The point is that guy already had done some commercial work (the guy he cast for Superman, for instance, was a guy he used previously as a football player for a cable TV commercial) inbetween waiting tables as most Hollywood folk do, so he made it to flesh out his demo reel.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'd be ok with robot chicken doing the Trioculus saga...

...slowly.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

...slowly.

wow jabba got into some kinky poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

...slowly.

This is hutt.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Bible is about 800,000 words long.

The fan fiction in question clocks in at 3.5 million.

Was Mario crucified?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

My favorite part of the article.

This one, though, is best representative of Star Wars EU and Fandom:

quote:

Bayts' name was intended as a pun on the term "masturbates"; a pun later illustrated by Haden Blackman in Star Wars: Obsession.
Just in case you didn't get it!!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

-A real thing that happened in a fairly heavily promoted book.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

...slowly.

Please tell me there is more story behind the guy in the hovering bubble pod. He was in another picture, where Leia is getting married to someone and she is shooting laser beams out of her eyes into the groom.

Also I remember reading a book where Luke and Leia land on some desert planet that is not-Dune. Luke fights some alien that is not the millions of tiny sandworms(maybe they were bugs) as a collective conscious that feed on the force, trying to escape the planet? Leia is also captured by a Hut who runs the planet and they both fight each other with lightsabers.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Otisburg posted:

Which one?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Death Troopers. And to keep the fanfilm ball rolling, there was a contest for this particular novel to come up with a fan "trailer" for the book.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Troopers

you know, say what you want about tri-oculus and lightsaber knee guy and all the other really goofy poo poo, they are at least a gonzo effort to do something sort of different within the milieu of start warts.

this is just a cynical "oh hey zombies are big now, what if we did these star wars, but with zombies?"

fanfilm chat: Troops, the granddaddy of all fanfilms, was legit good and had amazing production values for the time it came out, and it's all been downhill from there.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Otisburg posted:

Looks like stupid fun. I guess they ruined it somehow.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

oohhboy posted:

i read the book out of morbid curiosity and i honestly don't remember a damned thing about it. it was just tasteless pap i guess.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Quixotic1 posted:

Please tell me there is more story behind the guy in the hovering bubble pod. He was in another picture, where Leia is getting married to someone and she is shooting laser beams out of her eyes into the groom.
I think that's Grand Moff Hissa, the guy who gave us the Mofference.

why do I know this :ohdear:

Sailor Viy
Aug 4, 2013

And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world into some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise.

dog buttz posted:

I don't mind them picking one seemingly unimportant planet and having it be disproportionately important. For example, Tattooine. Or Dagobah. It's when they have more than one that it becomes blatant attempts to cash in on famous locations as opposed to having to create your own.

yeah heaven forbid they put the iconic locations from star wars in this star wars game

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sailor Viy posted:

yeah heaven forbid they put the iconic locations from star wars in this star wars game

Wow, in a galaxy with millions of planets, people have seen like, five of them!

Why be original when you can just recycle the same poo poo ad nauseum anyway?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Woolie Wool posted:

I think that's Grand Moff Hissa, the guy who gave us the Mofference.

why do I know this :ohdear:

It is Hissa, and that's Zorba the Hutt he has tied up. Hissa is trying to find Leia so he can marry her to Trioculus, who was a three-eyed self-declared son of Palpatine, and he captures Zorba the Hutt and Zorba says he'll give away Leia's location in exchange for his freedom. Once Hissa has the location of Leia, he throws Zorba in the Sarlacc pit on Tattoine rather than set him free, but Zorba survives since the Sarlacc can't digest Hutt flesh.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

gohuskies posted:

It is Hissa, and that's Zorba the Hutt he has tied up. Hissa is trying to find Leia so he can marry her to Trioculus, who was a three-eyed self-declared son of Palpatine, and he captures Zorba the Hutt and Zorba says he'll give away Leia's location in exchange for his freedom. Once Hissa has the location of Leia, he throws Zorba in the Sarlacc pit on Tattoine rather than set him free, but Zorba survives since the Sarlacc can't digest Hutt flesh.

i can't believe i read all these terrible words and the most prominent take away in my dumb brain is: why is it important that trioculus get to marry leia?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

oohhboy posted:

It was really boring.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

oohhboy posted:

It was okay. I was with it until they put Han Solo and Chewbacca into the book, I was just looking foward to a side-tale with new characters. It really didn't need Han and Chewie in it.

They also made a sequel called "Red Harvest", but I haven't read it yet.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Has anyone ever been crucified in Star Wars? Thats gotta be a thing, somewhere.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

If you ain't seen it yet I'm going to throw in a actual good work of fanfic to cleanse ur palette before more awful stuff gets unearthed

Troops: The First and Arguably the Only Good Fanfilm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc5IqD0QibY

I remember this being distributed on bootleg VHS in the late 90's. It was good poo poo, but I guess the reliance on the "COPS" parody dates it now.

Sammus posted:

Has anyone ever been crucified in Star Wars? Thats gotta be a thing, somewhere.

I feel like the original "arms akimbo" pose they changed in the "vader arise" scene of ROTS had to be at least partially a nod to this

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Otisburg posted:

If you ain't seen it yet I'm going to throw in a actual good work of fanfic to cleanse ur palette before more awful stuff gets unearthed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc5IqD0QibY

This a legit good 10 minutes of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Otisburg posted:

Not. Even. Close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGDdFuDwTZ8