Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I like the trickster part since it's so intentionally unsettling which is extremely my poo poo. It's also rather short if you're reading it in one go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I liked when Trickster mode was just pressing ctrl+T in a flash game to make John look and walk funny :c

But making one-time-easter-eggs into full on plot distractions is a long-standing Hussie tradition so it's easily forgivable.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Bobulus posted:

John was an idiot and put the ring in his hoodie pocket, where it will get easily lost, rather than in his sylladex, where, presumably, no one could take it without his permission.

Are sylladexes even a thing anymore, it's more like people just sort of...pick things up, with their hands now. It's weird.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Honestly I think characters ignoring the sylladexes to just-like-pick-things-up is the best joke payoff of the whole mechanic.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

I know just about everyone hates the Trickster segment but I really, really loving love it, almost entirely based on two things. The first is, the vaguely horrified, mechanical way it uses phrases like "OH BOY" and "WHEEEEEEE" and so on. The second is, how this whole Gristmas bit was posted a full month after Christmas and it wasn't at all clear if that was because Hussie was behind schedule or if it was always meant to be.

I kind of like trickster mode too. Mostly because of chronically depressed trickster Dirk. Dirk being unable to have happy thoughts is both hilarious and tragic.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 22, 2014

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Zoe posted:

Are sylladexes even a thing anymore, it's more like people just sort of...pick things up, with their hands now. It's weird.

There's actually a badge on their sash thing that lets them pick things up with their hands. Just like there's one for talking to people

Trickster mode is pretty fun when you're not waiting for updates. It doesn't last too long, though the ensuing teen drama lasts forever

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I just solved a Picross puzzle in a fan comic of a webcomic

The gently caress is wrong with me

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
we all have a shipping grid, now

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
^ Better put it to work, then. Upd8.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I appreciate anything that Hussie does to gently caress with shippers.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

change my name posted:

I appreciate anything that Hussie does to gently caress with shippers.
Truly he is well enlightened in the way of the Grrm.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Vriska has an undercut now. That is a thing.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Plom Bar posted:

Vriska has an undercut now. That is a thing.

And piercings. Was quite a tattoo parlor

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
LE, please vaporize them now.

They're pretty much inviting it

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds
According to every law of hubris ever, Vriskatime is about to double-end forever.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am okay with Vriska's new hair. I cannot wait for her to permanently die in the next update.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Hussie keeps on ghoststalking ghostVriska :ghost:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Vriska should stop projecting on the evil skull-man. He is probably genuinely having the time of his life, blowing stuff up, murdering guys, and making progress in a repetitive monotonous task that should by all means be impossible to accomplish.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Not so sure she's gonna die, despite how the setup is making it look as such. Notice Hussie brought the juju box that contained the pointer that gave John his canon breaking powers.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Oooo Aradia makes an appearance missed that first time

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I wonder if the next update is going to be about Vriska as well.
It might be fitting, because the next update takes place on the 8th day of Hanukkah, the festival of lights.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Vriska looking so different all of a sudden is so weird.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I am okay with Vriska's new hair. I cannot wait for her to permanently die in the next update.

Isn't the next update going to John completing the next item on Terezi's list? Hasn't that been the pattern. I am looking forward to when Terezi's list requires John to feed a cat into an ATM.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I used to love Vriskatime, but now that she's not doing poo poo I'd rather she just get vaporized and let the still-cool characters get more screentime.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
The more she talks, the more Meenah's losing some of her fish puns and sounding like someone out of Achewood.

Although she died young while Condy's still, around, I wonder if Fish Hitler has a similar attitude regardless and that's why she set Jane up as heiress.

(missed Aradia the first time too)

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

karmicknight posted:

I am looking forward to when Terezi's list requires John to feed a cat into an ATM.

Could I introduce you to a short game called Exoptable Money? Based on that sentence, I think you'd like it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Everyone keeps mentioning her, but I still can't find Aradia. Which panel is she in?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Punk is dead, but that's okay because they are too.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I used to love Vriskatime, but now that she's not doing poo poo I'd rather she just get vaporized and let the still-cool characters get more screentime.

I'm in the same boat here.

Be Vriska, Vriska. Don't be Meenah, Meenah's awful.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

CuddlyZombie posted:

Vriska looking so different all of a sudden is so weird.

She's hella cribbing on Meenah's style. I said last time that they seem to be developing a kid sister / big sister friendship, but those last two panels imply an actual romantic attachment, so now I kinda regret my words.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Everyone keeps mentioning her, but I still can't find Aradia. Which panel is she in?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=009127

Top right corner

notice also Hussie... lurking... in the mid right

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

it would have been perfect if this had been friday's update

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Bobulus posted:

but those last two panels imply an actual romantic attachment, so now I kinda regret my words.
Either that or preparing for the end to Toy Story 3.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

AriadneThread posted:

it would have been perfect if this had been friday's update

If I didn't know better, I'd be suspicious about when this was written...

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

This afterlife gives you an indefinite amount of time to experience every possible relationship configuration with everybody you know and some aliens.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Wait, what the gently caress? That explosion looked weird (BKEW is already spewing some bullshit about it being the triforce?) but... if you look at it when it's yellow...

...that is clearly a Vriska eye. Seven pupils, six small ones orbiting a big one. I don't, uh, know what to make of that.

...I guess it could just be a metaphor for how Vriska is seeing her past actions in Lord English's rampage?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You either need to double-check your counting or label what you're referring to, because that's seven (six orbiting one), not eight (seven orbiting one).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder if this is another troll. In both senses of the phrase.

We got Jade-juked before, after all.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it is nice to see Vriska give up the giant smoldering hate-volcano that was her heart, but there was also that ridiculous speech she made about saving people. And... she's still got the cursor, unless its juju went to live in John.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Dec 22, 2014