Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

To fill everyone in on some details and to answer why I robbed him like I did. He is a stubborn idiot who was given a chance to give 2 little girls (10 and 8) and 2 little boys (11 and 8) some gifts. Yea 300 is way more than he needed but it was so he could get them something nice for once. I later over hear him talking to (lets call her GD) over the phone and he was planning on slipping away with it to go out with her for the weekend after Christmas. These kids are adorable and sweet and a pain in the neck sometimes but they don't get to enjoy much due to family circumstances. So this was one of the few chances they could have something nice to enjoy. I know my cousin... If I had confronted him he would have left that moment with the money and stayed with GD until things passed. I talked to my grandma (the one who gave him the money) and told her what he planned to do and what I planned to do. He talks big but he's a bit of a wuss when things get real. So I decided to pose as a thief in the night while he was on a walk with GD. Long story short I got him down, got his wallet, and just took the cash and ran. I had to make sure to get the money from him in a way he knew how it happened and couldn't do anything about it. Otherwise he would have been suspicious of it disappearing and the presents appearing and started losing it on everyone in the family. He has already tried getting more from my grandma but she knows the truth and filled in the rest of the family in case he tried to get more from someone else. He honestly has plenty to spare for the kids but refuses to. I just wanted to make sure he didn't just take money offered to him for the kids and then spend it on himself. The kids will be getting a big surprise for Christmas this year from Santa Clause.

TL&DR I robbed my cousin of spare money that was for Christmas presents and became a secret Santa for the kids.

edit- FINALLY found the freaking edit option. No idea how I got here but what ever. Ok so to clarify some things.

People are asking me why he was given money if he has plenty.

For those trying to assume stuff and throw ignorance out, don't... You don't know my cousin like I do nor his financial situation.

Ok so yes he has money to support himself and somehow GD. but that's where most of it ends up... on her... he's an idiot who gets laid and buys her shiny things, henceforth most of the extra money after bills is spent on her. All of my family is aware of it and we have tried talking to him but like I said, he won't listen and will blow up on us all. My grandmother is trying her best to keep him in the family because she is an amazing woman who cares about us all. This was the only option she could think of to get him to offer something to the kids in the family.

oh and for the guy who messaged me you hope I get arrested because it was wrong. I just laugh. I really just laughed too much.

I am fully aware stealing is wrong but there are times where the wrong thing is the best thing to do. If stealing is wrong, my cousin shouldn't have stolen the money given to him to just get some presents for the kids and planned to run off with it to spend on that girl... so thank you for trying to make me feel bad. but I have no regrets of my actions.

edit 2- for all the people saying "oh you shouldn't post this online it will get you arrested or used against you" I wonder how many of you remember the previous confession bear that told about the doctor letting the child molester guy die in the ambulance after being wounded and did not give him medical treatment because he knew what the person was. Letting someone die when your job is to save them. all I did was shake up a dude and take back what he stole. btw I still agree that child molester deserved to die. I won't be taking any drastic measures like that in my life time but I wasn't going to let someone like my cousin just walk off with money he was so kindly given even when he didn't need it and walk off with it to go buy alcohol and who knows what else. I still stand firm on my action. I'm sorry we live in such an idiotic world that these things have to happen.

also he is family, not a random stranger. If my family is doing something stupid, I'll jump into the red zone a little if I need to to straighten things out.

edit 3- I guess I should add in a couple more things. he and GD have no computer skills what so ever and have never heard of imgur so I have no worries of either of them seeing this.

next, I'm not some punk kid who thinks he's above the law or anything like that. This is a family matter. I have no problem pulling a stunt like this on one of them if it really called for it. Like I said in the story, talking to him about it or confronting him would have literally made him run off that day with his girlfriend and stayed avoiding all family contact until past christmas. My grandmother always wants to have a big dinner with all of the family together every Christmas, it's a tradition, I wasn't going to risk making her upset like that. I told her what I heard and I knew 100% he would do it because that's just the kind of person he is. so I decided to take a different stance on it and kept him from running off with money he planned for alcohol and other things he didn't need and to give these kids something nice for Christmas. like I said there are circumstances that make it difficult for these kids to ever get something nice. They aren't spoiled with xbox1s or ps4s or iphones or any of that stuff. They get real gifts that they can enjoy. People are going to think what I did is wrong and people will support me. I'm not going to hate for having an opinion. Some people see the world one way and others see it the other way,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
ummmmmmmm edit 4 here's some more bullshit justifications for why this totally happenef

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Why are people even questioning the details, trying to trip him up on how much money the cousin has?

"So yesterday I flew to the moon using a spaceship I built myself. I defeated Lord Zorgron, the leader of the Empire of Zorg, because he was trying to turn Earth into a slave planet for the Empire. When I returned home I returned the ship to NASA and Catherine Zeta Jones, who is also a astrophysicist, told me she had fallen in love with me. (Picture of baby making a fist) we're getting married next May!"
"Whoa, hold on buddy. First you said you made the spaceship yourself, then you said it was made by NASA. Something about this story doesn't quite hold up."

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I want to hear more about how the doctor let the child molestor die :stare:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

:happened: posted:

One time in high school a teacher called me a 'she'
so I said, "I’m actually a boy, Miss."
Then one of my classmates slams his hands on the desks and shouts, "YOU’RE NO BOY!"
I turned around to him.
he said, “YOU’RE A MAN.”
I turned back around sheepishly smiling while all my male classmates cheered and shouted, my teacher simply smiled, apologized, and the lesson continued.
I’m thankful for that moment in my life, it gives me hope for the future.
That more trans people will be supported, and visible.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

I'm so used to the poo poo of this thread that I was relieved when the protagonist was the person being stood up for and not the glory-hogging hero

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

sweeperbravo posted:

I'm so used to the poo poo of this thread that I was relieved when the protagonist was the person being stood up for and not the glory-hogging hero

For that kind of story, I'm not even fazed if it didn't happen because this did happen.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I want to hear more about how the doctor let the child molestor die :stare:

It wasn't a doctor, it was the guy who rides in the back of the EMT. Like the ambulance guy who isn't the driver.

Its probably stdh.txt but who knows.

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet
Why the gently caress did he even bring up that ambulance story anyway? All he does is go, "hey, remember what THIS guy posted? That was way worse than what I did!" as if that was any sort of justification for mugging a family member.

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

Why do people make stories like this up? It seems that I hear a disproportionate amount of stories about trans people being misgendered that are obviously fake.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Boneitis posted:

Why do people make stories like this up? It seems that I hear a disproportionate amount of stories about trans people being misgendered that are obviously fake.

Because it shows you're ~~~~~~socially conscious~~~~~~

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

A Classy Ghost posted:

Why the gently caress did he even bring up that ambulance story anyway? All he does is go, "hey, remember what THIS guy posted? That was way worse than what I did!" as if that was any sort of justification for mugging a family member.

I think he brought it up as an example of someone doing the wrong thing because it was the right thing in context. Which makes this guy an infinitely bigger rear end in a top hat than your theory does

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

"hmm I think I should justify myself a bit more. I can't afford to be called a liar on the Internet lest my life and honor be forfeit. "

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Boneitis posted:

Some people are really adamant about misgendering you but most of the time they'll comply and admit their mistake and move the gently caress on.

Fathis Munk posted:

"hmm I think I should justify myself a bit more. I can't afford to be called a liar on the Internet lest my life and honor be forfeit. "

I hate, and I mean I loving hate, that stupid goddamn bear meme and if my fist could punch it without damaging my monitor, I would.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

A Classy Ghost posted:

How did the extra presents get explained?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Noyemi K posted:

I hate, and I mean I loving hate, that stupid goddamn bear meme and if my fist could punch it without damaging my monitor, I would.

Downgrade to a flat CRT.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Noyemi K posted:

A meme so bad it had to be banned from the meme ghetto at some point.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Fathis Munk posted:

A meme so bad it had to be banned from the meme ghetto at some point.

By Brother Jonathan, who was also probating people for mocking trains, so take it for what it is.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I'm trying to conceive not only how, but why, anyone would want to lay a sick burn on the concept of trains (or specific locomotives, for that matter).

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

ibntumart posted:

I'm trying to conceive not only how, but why, anyone would want to lay a sick burn on the concept of trains (or specific locomotives, for that matter).

because people found out that brother johnathan was a weirdo who was obsessed with trains

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

corn in the bible posted:

because people found out that brother johnathan was a weirdo who was obsessed with trains

Well yeah he was mod, that should not come as a surprise.

Iirc it was banned because korgan posted poo poo loads of them making half the thread want to gouge their eyes out.

They are pretty consistently terrible stdh

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Fathis Munk posted:

Iirc it was banned because korgan posted poo poo loads of them making half the thread want to gouge their eyes out.

Korgan still does this periodically, and it is wonderful.

I mean, as long as they are not CONSTANT, its great, for much the same reason that latin meme and dance party are great.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

RFC2324 posted:

Korgan still does this periodically, and it is wonderful.

I mean, as long as they are not CONSTANT, its great, for much the same reason that latin meme and dance party are great.

:agreed: maybe I should start reading that gloriously terrible thread again

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Fathis Munk posted:

:agreed: maybe I should start reading that gloriously terrible thread again

Just so we can stay on topic, this derail didn't actually happen. :v:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

I agree.

"Imgur posted:

He was legitimately sexually harassing teenage girls (dropping things to have girls pick them up in front of him, commenting on which girls should and should not wear revealing clothing etc.) But that isn't why I hated his rear end. I ultimately got enough girls to come forward and say that he made them uncomfortable. If the admission of guilt isn't clear here it is; I was more upset by a man making advances toward an adult woman (who didn't seem to mind one bit) than the same man humiliating young women he had power over.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Korgan to the rescue, the poster we deserve :neckbeard:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Fathis Munk posted:

Korgan to the rescue, the poster we deserve :neckbeard:

The best poster! :fap:

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

What is the bear meant to represent in the meme, is he regretful? Sad? Apathetic? I don't understand...

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

david... posted:

What is the bear meant to represent in the meme, is he regretful? Sad? Apathetic? I don't understand...

I think the idea was that it was originally a "secret shame" meme and that's what the bear is supposed to be emoting, but since this is the internet people started using it to post backhanded "I did [terrible thing] because I am a cool badass" stdhs.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He's embearassed.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Korgan is spreading. I recommend we nuke the forums from orbit.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
When STDH hits the Australian media after a big burst of imagined anti-islamic sentiment,

Author of this post admits it may be "editorialised":

"The OP posted:

By sheer fluke, we got off at the same station, and some part of me decided saying something would be a good thing. Rather than quiz her about her choice of clothing, I thought if I simply offered to walk her to her destination, it might help.

It's hard to describe the moment when humans, and complete strangers, have a conversation with no words. I wanted to tell her I was sorry for so many things – for overstepping the mark, for making assumptions about a complete stranger and for belonging to a culture where racism was part of her everyday experience.

But none of those words came out, and our near silent encounter was over in a moment.
:lol:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Say Nothing posted:

Merry Christmas!

MindlessHavok posted:

This reminds me of a girl (stephanie) I hadn't thought of in a while. I met her through mutual friends and we hit it off pretty well. Neither of us were in a position for a real relationship (a conversation we had) but enjoyed each other's company and sleeping together. The only caveat was that we wouldn't sleep with anyone else. Your basic friends with benefits I guess.

One night I'd gone out with some friends and ran into the friend that introduced us. We talked for a minute and then parted ways. Few minutes later, Stephanie messages me asking where I was, so I told her. A bit later I'm standing at the bar talking to one of the girls in my group when the Stephanie comes out of nowhere, grabs me, and yells "I knew you were a loving liar, I knew you were loving someone else!" and ran off. Everyone just kind of stared at me.

Problem was the girl I was talking to was my sister. A few minutes later my sister tells me to check my facebook. Stephanie had posted all kinds of ridiculous poo poo on my wall.

Fast forward to the next day I go and meet some people for lunch. I get home later that evening fairly drunk and as I walk the hallway to my condo I see something stuck in my door. It was a hallmark card with a positive pregnancy test taped to it. The card was a "congrats on being a dad blah blah blah". I'm freaking out. I wind up passing out on my couch and wake up the next morning and get a better look at the pregnancy test. It had clearly not been used and she'd used a fine point pink sharpie to draw in the "positive" lines.

Never did talk to her again after that.

Was there anyway to tell she was nuts?

MindlessHavok posted:

Honestly, no not that I'd picked up on. I knew at least 3 people that vouched for her, too. From us meeting to the time of that story was only like 3 weeks, though. Years later one of my best friends heard the story and asked to see a picture of her. Apparently right around the time that happened to me (either before or after, we couldn't pinpoint exactly) she was dating my friends old roommate and lost her poo poo on him, too so maybe that was just the beginning of it.

People call bullshit

MindlessHavok posted:

Yes because that's pretty clearly something I'd make up.

MindlessHavok posted:

I mean, believe what you want but the only one that comes out looking bad is her and I guess me because it happened to me but the schadenfreude is definitely on me. The majority of what happened was in a private setting except the part about being at the bar, so I don't see what's so unbelievable about it.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

PancakeTransmission posted:

When STDH hits the Australian media after a big burst of imagined anti-islamic sentiment,

Author of this post admits it may be "editorialised":

:lol:

I guess these people think that only Evil White People are racist, unlike the pure, simpler POC who are incapable of such gross behavior.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Was there anyway to tell she was nuts?

People call bullshit

Any girl that crazy is going to know there's a lot better ways to fake a positive pregnancy test than drawing on it with a drat sharpie.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Any girl that crazy is going to know there's a lot better ways to fake a positive pregnancy test than drawing on it with a drat sharpie.

Maybe she was just regular crazy and not 'crazy like a fox' crazy?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

At least it was a pink sharpie :shobon:

Idk I could buy that one, but maybe I have to look in the actual thread to see the full stid

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I don't see what's so unreasonable about it, or what reason there'd be for even making it up. It's not like anyone came out a winner.

edit: Also "people" didn't call it out. One guy did. Everyone else generally accepted it and made jokes about it.

Joey Freshwater has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Dec 23, 2014

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

MindlessHavok posted:

I don't see what reason there'd be for even making it up. It's not like anyone came out a winner.

I don't know about this particular story but my experience in stdh taught me that not having a good reason is not a valid reason not to make poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Blistex posted:

Only thing dirtier than strippers telling you to yank it under the table is stripper blowjobs.

I went to a place nearby for a friend's bachelor party. I'm married so my friends thought it would be a hoot to get me a dance in the VIP room. Dancer took me back there, did her thing while trying to hide her c-section scar, and then tried to undo my fly (without asking for any money or consent). I said no and at the end of the song went back to my friends smelling like the cheapest perfume known to man. When I got back to our table I noticed that one of us was missing and I asked, "Hey, where's Kurt?" They mentioned that he went to the the VIP room a minute after I did. About 20 minutes later he came out with two bouncers on each shoulder saying he owed $300 bucks (stripper gave him a blowjob without a solitary word, and then said he owed another $100 [she wanted extra because he busted in her mouth] ). Kurt being Kurt said that he wasn't paying because she never asked for consent or said it would be the most expensive blowjob in Ontario and started to walk for the door. One of the bouncers ran behind him and grabbed Kurt by the throat and got his index finger broken when Kurt grabbed it and bent it backwards. The two remaining bouncers blocked the front door and said that he either pays or they beat him up, and then call the cops. Kurt laughed, pulled out his phone and said, "I'm a lawyer, and right now I have this dive for a good 1/2 million. Want to make it 2 million and two assholes with no teeth and a night in jail?". He then walked right between the two of them, hopped in a cab and went home.

(he is neither a lawyer or a competent fighter, but has +10 self confidence when drunk)

• Locked thread