Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I am on for awhile if anyone has a group xbox 360 drflankenstien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Our ground war group just played against Rambo Ray (pro player) and people from Sledgehammer. We won of course.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Did anyone get a shot of the scoreboard? I want to see!

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
When does Clan War end?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Wazzit posted:

Unfortunately no but Ray said GG to me on Twitter!

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
In Blops2 I beat Proofy in Gun Game or Sharpshooter on Standoff. He called me a random and left. It has pretty much been the single greatest highlight of my life.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Anybody remember the time in Modern Warfare 3 where we were playing ground war, the FaZe team were our opponents and all they did was try to 360 from the Seatown balcony and quickscope? Good times.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Javes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xffOCZYX6F8

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
I'm fairly sad that they've patched the glitch that gave you ridiculous amounts of XP the first time you used a gun again after prestiging, and with it the glitch that usually gave you diamond camo as well. Fortunately I still got royalty on my snipers and I never evn had to use the Lynx so all's well I guess.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Anybody remember the time in Modern Warfare 3 where we were playing ground war, the FaZe team were our opponents and all they did was try to 360 from the Seatown balcony and quickscope? Good times.

That happened a lot, I feel. I might just be confusing it with the profusion of seemingly thousands of oPtIc xXkill4Xx pre-teens doing the same thing.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Javes posted:

please tell me you replied with 'close. almost a tie!'

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This "fire first, die first" thing is really getting old. I guess I need to wait for several patches before playing again. Having 5 or so horrible games for every good one is really frustrating. This isn't my first COD.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Wazzit posted:

no... but imagine an entire DOM round where it was nothing but bombing runs from start to finish. i think we beat them by like 50 points too.

also this just happened.

never change pubbies... never change.

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 20, 2014

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Last night's connection wouldn't keep us together in a lobby so I tried some Classic playlists and it wasn't terrible. The guns take a front seat because you can't juke your way around shots.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Jake Blues posted:

Last night's connection wouldn't keep us together in a lobby so I tried some Classic playlists and it wasn't terrible. The guns take a front seat because you can't juke your way around shots.

that sounds really terrible actually

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Through no animosity towards the game, I stopped playing multiplayer after lots of other games came out. Are these supply drop missions fun/worth looking into if I like loot drop-carrot on a stick type poo poo?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Feenix posted:

Through no animosity towards the game, I stopped playing multiplayer after lots of other games came out. Are these supply drop missions fun/worth looking into if I like loot drop-carrot on a stick type poo poo?

They'll certainly encourage you to try different game types; "Score 5 times in Uplink," "Return the Flag in CTF."

That may or may not be fun to you if it comes with a supply drop on the end.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

The Merry Marauder posted:

They'll certainly encourage you to try different game types; "Score 5 times in Uplink," "Return the Flag in CTF."

That may or may not be fun to you if it comes with a supply drop on the end.

opportunity to play dress up, of course it matters

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sorry for complaining so much at the end, but Riot is loving terrible and even more so in ground war especially when you're spawn killed 10 times in a row right off the start off the match because 4 guys from the other team ran straight up to the ledge overlooking A. We won every game apart from the second TDM game, My Average KD for the games we played was about 2.9 and the connection for the most part was solid so I really shouldn't have complained, but that domination game broke me.

Also - Is there some secret technique for using bombing runs in Ground War? Minus the one which I used that was able to kill 4 of them, they all either missed completely or just killed one person.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

the only people who werent used to your complaining were the new guys that joined in. I wasn't hearing anything out of the ordinary from you tonight.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Jake Blues posted:

Earlier this afternoon, like 3-6pm central, the connections felt like they were pretty solid/favoring us. We first hit a rough patches with exploding parties, but after we changed party hosts it was solid.

Classic is fun for like two matches, then it gets old since you have to use ladders and take the super long way around.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

the only people who werent used to your complaining were the new guys that joined in. I wasn't hearing anything out of the ordinary from you tonight.

Lol at people that think goons aren't going to be big whiney babies.

spencer for hire
Jan 27, 2006

we just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
they call us irresponsible, write us off the page
Anyone playing on ps4? I haven't seen anyone from Luvn on this weekend

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

spencer for hire posted:

I've been on and off. Probably going to hit things up around 12 and get in some shoots before football starts.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

spencer for hire posted:

I'll be on for a while playing Dom this morning.

spencer for hire
Jan 27, 2006

we just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
they call us irresponsible, write us off the page

Electromax posted:

I'll be on for a while playing Dom this morning.

Ok sweet, grabbing some lunch then I'll be on. Niners were on yesterday so no football for me

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I just played a round of DOM on Terrace (that we won) where the other team had System Hacks all day on us. I mean there was maybe 3 minutes in the entire round where we weren't staring at a wobbly screen.

[ed] DOmination is the worst.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 21, 2014

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

spencer for hire posted:

Me, I just got the game on sale the other day (it's for sale for $45 on PSN, for the record). I'm Kolanut, send me a PSN invite!

I really like this game, it's the most fun I've had playing Call of Duty since 4.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Feenix posted:

I just played a round of DOM on Terrace (that we won) where the other team had System Hacks all day on us. I mean there was maybe 3 minutes in the entire round where we weren't staring at a wobbly screen.

[ed] DOmination is the worst.

dom often turns into a match of sub way too quickly for my tastes

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Are games only for high level characters or something? I can't find a single drat game on PS4.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Mascot, Cobol, puppy party, and some twat are playing if anyone feels like raging.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, PS3 or Xbox 360) $40 bestbuy free shipping- http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/140732

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

BOYS clan war has 14 hours remaining, we still own HC Dom, Dom, Hardpoint and Uplink. Sinistir owns TDM, HC Search and Kill Confirmed. Running Gunz owns HCTDM.

I won't be home in time to play any, but we should be victors unless Sinistir comes in and tries to pull Uplink away. The rest we have a lot of defends on, that one not so much.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Good job on the clan war this week, BOYS. We're in 1st by 128 points with 5.5 hours left.

Special thanks to the top 3 contributors:
KNROSU - 55 wins
DJCobol - 38 wins
BCRock - 33 wins

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Ahem

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I couldn't have held up the rear without you, Mommy Bloat.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Does this game actually work properly on Xbone? You guys seem way more active then the PS4 clan.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

We're on God's True Console, of course it works perfectly.

Either that or we're all insane and continually throw ourselves into the shitshow thinking "tonight it has to be better."

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Does this game actually work properly on Xbone? You guys seem way more active then the PS4 clan.

It works most of the time and I can usually see a couple of people online in the evenings, these people are usually Teh Mascot, KNROSU and Cactusmas. Papa Javes and Yeyo are also about more often than not.

Join us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Part of it is that on PS4, a lot of the players, at least the ones I met and made friends with, went back to Destiny when the DLC hit, and are still deep in it. I've been balancing my time between games fairly well, I think, but I get the urge to just submerge yourself in something like Destiny and get crazy loot.

• Locked thread