Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Noticed something not quite right about some train cars today:

Trucks are all still on the cars, cars are all coupled together. It's been kind of windy, maybe that did it?

Edit- not wind, and the cars were empty. A full car ran into the line and knocked the first car over according to the news just now.

jamal fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
They're taking a nap.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shhh, they're taking a nap. gently caress you, CSB :argh:

There have been a lot of stories in the news lately about one or two cars jumping the tracks on highway crossings around here.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I picture someone thinking they're having a poo poo day at work seeing one joggle sideways... then watching as the entire line topple over in a neat row.

Jamus
Feb 10, 2007
I bet that made a fun sound

torpedan
Jul 17, 2003
Lets make Uncle Ben proud
Well that's an interesting soliton to empty them.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Plumber leaves decals on truck when trading it in. Truck ends up in hands of ISIS.

http://www.galvestondailynews.com/free/article_5f269ed2-8557-11e4-8588-37eb16686b02.html

EDIT: Wait what I thought this was the other thread. :negative:

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 17, 2014

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This is not a tacoma.. what the gently caress.. even terrorists don't want the taco to mount their guns to?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

tater_salad posted:

This is not a tacoma.. what the gently caress.. even terrorists don't want the taco to mount their guns to?

Minitrucks are so 80s.
Even the terrorists drive brodozers now.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What, that little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Spotted in a parking lot

It probably wasn't doing much for them anyway :smith:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I don't get it. The pliers were forgotten inside the pan?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bolind posted:

I don't get it. The pliers were forgotten inside the pan?

Not every hole is a bolt hole...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Throatwarbler posted:

Plumber leaves decals on truck when trading it in. Truck ends up in hands of ISIS.

http://www.galvestondailynews.com/free/article_5f269ed2-8557-11e4-8588-37eb16686b02.html

That thing only got moved overseas recently - the inspection and registration stickers expired this year. Inspection looks like it expired in August, can't tell on the registration.

Good job AutoNation!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

That's what we like to call the patented FastDrane™ technology at the heart of every fine GM automatic transmission. For years, our customers have paid through the nose for 'flushes' performed by charlatans, but now not only is it easy but mandatory for our customers to do it themselves in the comfort of their own driveway, side of the road, meth lab forecourt or evidence locker.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That's what we like to call the patented FastDrane™ technology at the heart of every fine GM automatic transmission. For years, our customers have paid through the nose for 'flushes' performed by charlatans, but now not only is it easy but mandatory for our customers to do it themselves in the comfort of their own driveway, side of the road, meth lab forecourt or evidence locker.

E: aw gently caress, you ninja'd your post

Looks like it's a pan off a Hydra-matic 4T60E, based on the stamped letters there.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Throatwarbler posted:

What if it's still in Texas and the terrorists are lying? I can see someone outfitting a truck with a gun like that in Texas to play around with on their private land.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Alighieri posted:

What if it's still in Texas and the terrorists are lying? I can see someone outfitting a truck with a gun like that in Texas to play around with on their private land.

In the late ninetys's early 2000's selling Big fuckin merican trucks in Russia was all the rage. I imagine the used export market just got a new goldmine.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

torpedan posted:

Well that's an interesting soliton to empty them.

:arghfist::mad:

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Terrible Robot posted:

E: aw gently caress, you ninja'd your post

Looks like it's a pan off a Hydra-matic 4T60E, based on the stamped letters there.

Exactly!

Also : a free pair of dykes!

I assume you all know why they only come in pairs.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

buttcrackmenace posted:

Also : a free pair of dykes!

I assume you all know why they only come in pairs.

Something something scissors.

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.

tater_salad posted:

They're rocking Fords and Chevys now after they rolled over half the US-supplied Iraqi army.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Finally had my wits about me when something horrible turned up. One of the buses in the fleet we maintain was towed back to the shop, driver claimed it had stopped due to low oil pressure. When we popped the side access panel we found this...

next to that hose you see in the middle of the picture you will find the new hole in the crankcase of this Iveco straight six. Further inspection (using our brand new inspection window we) showed a broken crank aswell. Supposedly the operators check the oil level every other day, i guess they missed this one... an easy 25 000 usd gently caress up

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Fucknag posted:

Something something scissors.

they are entertaining in pairs

singly just bitter

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Shhhhh bandsaws sleeping.

wifey suggested uncoupling the trailer and rolling the bandsaw off the trailer, distracted I obliged. its only money.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

jamal posted:

I wouldn't have seen it for at least 5 minutes if there weren't a few cars already righted.

Also, timg that poo poo. My tables are exploding.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

cursedshitbox posted:

Shhhhh bandsaws sleeping.

Looks like it's pissed the bed, too. :ohdear:

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008
My Audi ate his camshaft. Luckily it did so under dealer warranty :unsmigghh:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

jamal posted:

Trucks are all still on the cars, cars are all coupled together. It's been kind of windy, maybe that did it?

Edit- not wind, and the cars were empty. A full car ran into the line and knocked the first car over according to the news just now.

You work in a pretty scenic area there. I miss real mountains, the piddly things we get in Australia don't count.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Just gonna assume that's blood.

torpedan
Jul 17, 2003
Lets make Uncle Ben proud

Godholio posted:

Just gonna assume that's blood.

That would be an odd spot and pattern for a paint spill.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

No way. No loving way.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Looks too yellow to be ATF... Dick Turbo, did you blow a line?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm concern he's not gonna post mote later

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

I hope you didn't lose fingat :(

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

I did an automotive apprenticeship straight out of school and balanced 1000's of tyres :smithicide: , while I never injured myself I'm going to throw some possible guesses around.

1. Wheel weight spun off and hit the operator somewhere soft. Should have a big heavy plastic guard over it otherwise it shouldn't spin.

2. Overzealous with the wheel weight hammer and got his thumb instead of the weight.

3. Had his hand near the wheel while it was spinning. Sometimes the two don't mix well.

4. Probably the most plausible but the chuck on the large spindle wasn't tightened and spun off and tore the operators head clean off his shoulders.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Looks like power steering fluid sprung a leak (it is red and can look like arterial spray!).

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
A wheel balancing thing? Are those really that dangerous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I'm going with ATF, given the dispenser on the ground.

Enough suspense already. Cough up a story, even if it is "I spilled trans fluid and took a cool pic"