Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Ahundredbux posted:

I dunno, will it have tower climbing?

i suspect at least one tower that you will have to scale using the hook shot. probably two or three areas that you cannot get to until you have the hookshot so you will be kinda railroaded into a dungeon order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
in after stux 3 day probation

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Kepwhu

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm that rear end in a top hat that mocked the Wii U, a lot, and now I really want one. Just waiting patiently tho for more refurbish models to become available on Nintendo's website.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Kewpuh posted:

in after stux 3 day probation

he's probably halfway through filling a tub with fecal lasanga at this point :rip:

I said come in! posted:

I'm that rear end in a top hat that mocked the Wii U, a lot, and now I really want one. Just waiting patiently tho for more refurbish models to become available on Nintendo's website.

its really good now but it wasn't a while ago. idk what the new year will bring though i'm not optimistic

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

if i had the money for one console i would easily get a wii u, it's really turned around

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

pc for third party games, wii u for nintendo games

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

the best way to game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yea basically

ps4 has some decent couch co op recently but nothing that warrants the purchase price unless you are really excited for bloodbourne and more-hd persona v (like me)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hubris.height posted:

yea basically

ps4 has some decent couch co op recently but nothing that warrants the purchase price unless you are really excited for bloodbourne and more-hd persona v (like me)

I have a PlayStation 4, so that's my go to platform for everything not Nintendo. I don't like playing PC games unless it's free to play crap.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

pc for third party games, wii u for nintendo games

this, but with a 3ds instead of a wii u

:)

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Everyone seems to be forgetting Microsoft's gaming machine, the Xbox One

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Adam Bowen posted:

THat came out in like 1997 right?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

euphronius posted:

THat came out in like 1997 right?

That was teh playstation

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Adam Bowen posted:

That's an all-in-one entertainment machine, which puts it more in the same category as a Fire TV.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Psh, why would you want a Wii U? It doesn't even have the right RAM.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the game pad is hella dumb though. i get so mad at that thing every time i'm forced to use it or it pops on with an advertisement

gently caress you nintendo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can I play Virtual Console games on the gamepad or do I need to buy the Pro Controller?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
works on gamepad but controller is a must have imho

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hubris.height posted:

works on gamepad but controller is a must have imho

Yeah I was gonna get the pro controller no matter what anyways. I want to get Bayonetta 2, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate to start with.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
All consoles seem pretty crappy to me

otoh 8 player smash bros

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They are pretty good at streaming net flix.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

3DS question now, a system I actually own. I am a huge fan of Persona 3 and 4, should I get Persona Q?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I said come in! posted:

3DS question now, a system I actually own. I am a huge fan of Persona 3 and 4, should I get Persona Q?
What are your thoughts on Etrian Odyssey?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
no what are your thoughts on smt strange journey

because the labyrinths are basically strange journey labs with eo elements/mapping and skills

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Kins posted:

What are your thoughts on Etrian Odyssey?

I have Etrian Odyssey IV and found it to be a very frustrating game.

hubris.height posted:

no what are your thoughts on smt strange journey

because the labyrinths are basically strange journey labs with eo elements/mapping and skills

I was looking at gameplay videos and it reminded me more of Shin Megami Tensei IV. A game I kinda liked. I'm leaning towards just waiting for Persona 5 on this one.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Its really cool how over the course of a year the narrative for the WiiU went from "it's a failure, all they have is sequels and rereleases" to "its the best console ever, they just announced a whole bunch more sequels! And some of them aren't even being made by Nintendo! :woop:"

And to be fair, they do have one whole new IP on the horizon.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

embrace death, nothing is good. my controller tastes of ashes and my kinect weeps blood. xbox, kill me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I know it'll never happen but god drat do I wish for a Red Dead Redemption PC port right now :smith:

Oh well, have to satisfy the western urge by playing Call of Juarez: Gunslinger again I suppose

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Its really cool how over the course of a year the narrative for the WiiU went from "it's a failure, all they have is sequels and rereleases" to "its the best console ever, they just announced a whole bunch more sequels! And some of them aren't even being made by Nintendo! :woop:"

That's because the narrative last year was driven by loving retards. Who cares if a game is a sequel if it's really good?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

I know it'll never happen but god drat do I wish for a Red Dead Redemption PC port right now :smith:

Oh well, have to satisfy the western urge by playing Call of Juarez: Gunslinger again I suppose

Red Dead Redemption 2 is supposedly in development. So there's always that.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

We should play Worms Armageddon soon.

Also

Everyone here should make a thread in Games in the spirit of holiday giving today.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

...of SCIENCE! posted:

What IP are you referring to?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Also

Everyone here should make a thread in Games in the spirit of holiday giving today.

Done

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689650

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

hubris.height posted:

the game pad is hella dumb though. i get so mad at that thing every time i'm forced to use it or it pops on with an advertisement

gently caress you nintendo

I'm reasonably certain that advertisements on the gamepad are opt-in. You can definitely turn them off though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you include old DS titles the 3DS is like second only to the PS2 in number of quality games

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Good idea :)

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

That's a really good idea, let's make this poo poo happen

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tired of neglecting my 3DS, so today I bought a 32GB memory card for it. Gonna get some new games for it once that comes in the mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Every so often I'll think about buying a 3DS since I probably could quite easily afford it, but then I end up remembering that its region locked and that really sours my fun and then I decide not to and then repeat the next time I think about buying a 3ds.

region lock on a handheld is loving stupid

• Locked thread