Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

But really though, aside from the Star Winning it doesn't look like the others got that big of an upgrade. Try Burning might just get boosted offense/defense but without any other gimmicks they'd have to actually train Sekai to further his effectiveness because it doesn't look like just a mech tuning is going to help against Saga and pretty boy. Lightning's core suit was already tuned to extreme lengths and it still got owned really easy, dont know how a backpack is going to help him since it looks like its just more firepower. Unless of course that had to do more with him rushing a suit by himself instead of relying on the suits strengths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cao Ni Ma posted:

But really though, aside from the Star Winning it doesn't look like the others got that big of an upgrade. Try Burning might just get boosted offense/defense but without any other gimmicks they'd have to actually train Sekai to further his effectiveness because it doesn't look like just a mech tuning is going to help against Saga and pretty boy. Lightning's core suit was already tuned to extreme lengths and it still got owned really easy, dont know how a backpack is going to help him since it looks like its just more firepower. Unless of course that had to do more with him rushing a suit by himself instead of relying on the suits strengths.

It's got what looks like the 0-Raiser for its backpack. If it is, it's pretty much guaranteed to have fancy plavsky particle gimmicks.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Speculation like other people:
I really hope they do an SD>Hg thing now, just because it will be bonkers.
Also while that Lightning backpack mk2 is probably the most insane backpack in gundam recently, it is actually somewhat bulky unlike all the SEED-era/00 raiser.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just after another look at the pictures Isn't that rifle the Lightning's holding from one the 00 variants?

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Looks like the upgraded version is called the Lightning Gundam Full Burnern if that helps with the speculation. :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

John Carstairs posted:

Looks like the upgraded version is called the Lightning Gundam Full Burnern if that helps with the speculation. :v:

It all makes sense now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The only lame thing about this is that we're not getting a Losing Gundam after all.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
No, that'll be Lady's machine.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

The only lame thing about this is that we're not getting a Losing Gundam after all.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It all makes sense now.

There's the Losing Gundam.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Told you guys they were gonna get another upgrade, burning gundam still needs a some kind of backpack also.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It all makes sense now.

I saw that in Nakano last year when I was on vacation in Japan. I did a double take on the box and thought it was a custom build the store did. Nope legit LP Gundam. The paint job on it is bland and all shades of gunmetal grey. Doesn't even come with a beam guitar rifle or anything cool like that.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
You'll need the Extreme Gundam if you want that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Shameful Opinion Time: A Thousand Suns is the best Linkin Park album, and I think The Catalyst would have made a pretty great song for a Gundam TV Opening.

There, now you can start making fun of me for liking Linkin Park.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Shameful Opinion Time: A Thousand Suns is the best Linkin Park album, and I think The Catalyst would have made a pretty great song for a Gundam TV Opening.

I don't have the heart to make fun of you for that, just pity. :(

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
if the star winning gundam's gimmick is to turn into a 1/144 that'll be the coolest

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Tenzarin posted:

Told you guys they were gonna get another upgrade, burning gundam still needs a some kind of backpack also.

No one doubted, just the lack of information (especially after a gunpla related event) usually means "not any time soon" rather than "during this arc".

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I guess we can just chalk it up to more of Bandai's 2014 insanity.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

I guess we can just chalk it up to more of Bandai's 2014 insanity.

God bless it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lessail posted:

if the star winning gundam's gimmick is to turn into a 1/144 that'll be the coolest

It'd also continue to call into question Yuuma's role as "best builder" if his upgrade is just a backpack.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That's what Sei did too! Sure the SBS had some new thighs as well, but it was mostly just the Universe Booster.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mordja posted:

It'd also continue to call into question Yuuma's role as "best builder" if his upgrade is just a backpack.

What if it's a really cool backpack?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Yuuma being the best builder has kind of been kaput for a while, seeing how the winning is so heavily customized that it's essentially a scratch-built model, compared to the Lightning.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MonsieurChoc posted:

The Catalyst was the opening song for Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. . Linkin Park also got to pick a model for gunpla around when this happen to release a custom color scheme for it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

That's what Sei did too! Sure the SBS had some new thighs as well, but it was mostly just the Universe Booster.

Basically all three of them got individual parts of the SBS. The lightning got the backpack, the burning got the extra shiny bits and the winning got the little plavisky pointy parts.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

The Catalyst was the opening song for Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. . Linkin Park also got to pick a model for gunpla around when this happen to release a custom color scheme for it.

Too bad they picked the most laughably dumb color scheme.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think I figured out why the BBG doesn't have a backpack - that's what the Lightning's new kit is for.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

I think I figured out why the BBG doesn't have a backpack - that's what the Lightning's new kit is for.

Hail the Build Gaudy Gundam

hot pants
Nov 11, 2008
If the Winning's gimmick is to turn into a 1/144 (and using up its spare parts), why can't Fumina just use a regular 1/144 and keep those spare parts for the others? #BFTlogic

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

hot pants posted:

If the Winning's gimmick is to turn into a 1/144 (and using up its spare parts), why can't Fumina just use a regular 1/144 and keep those spare parts for the others? #BFTlogic

Why not have the winning road upgrades on Build Burning and Lightning and another full suit? Why anything?

hot pants
Nov 11, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

Why not have the winning road upgrades on Build Burning and Lightning and another full suit? Why anything?

Now you're just being silly.

e.
But if the National Tournament arc doesn't feature a team of 3 Lagowes that combine into Voltron-gundam I'll be very sad.

hot pants fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 22, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hot pants posted:

I assume that if it really is a transformation (and not an SRX thing), she still has a Winning Knuckle and Winning Launcher too.

Darth Walrus posted:

Like I said. R1, R2 Powered, R3 Powered.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

BizarroAzrael posted:

This is actually what I've been wanting to know since the Winning had its Winning Road debut. It's an amazingly cool little gunpla but it seems kind of pointless to immediately cripple yourself to power up your partners when you could just power up your partners without crippling yourself.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Yes! I was hoping that the upgrades would GATTAI.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That actually looks pretty cool.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kanos posted:

This is actually what I've been wanting to know since the Winning had its Winning Road debut. It's an amazingly cool little gunpla but it seems kind of pointless to immediately cripple yourself to power up your partners when you could just power up your partners without crippling yourself.

Its a game rules thing I imagine. You build the best gunpla you possibly can and it gets points assigned to it through whatever bizarre method they use to assign abilities to gunpla. You could slap the Winning gundam gimmicks onto it at this point, but they aren't going to add to the overall power in the same way because they just count into the score as usual. By contrast when they are used in battle they are taking something away from your team to directly amplify the power of your suit.

Probably bad at explaining it, but it'd be something like this if scores were out of 100.

Burning: 98
Winning: 95
Lightning: 97

Burning w/knuckle: 129
Lightning W/leg things :128
Winning Booster: 33

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Caros posted:

Its a game rules thing I imagine. You build the best gunpla you possibly can and it gets points assigned to it through whatever bizarre method they use to assign abilities to gunpla. You could slap the Winning gundam gimmicks onto it at this point, but they aren't going to add to the overall power in the same way because they just count into the score as usual. By contrast when they are used in battle they are taking something away from your team to directly amplify the power of your suit.

Probably bad at explaining it, but it'd be something like this if scores were out of 100.

The Winning booster has more confirmed kills and assists than the base Winning. Flip those scores, the other body parts are just power limiters.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The Winning booster has more confirmed kills and assists than the base Winning. Flip those scores, the other body parts are just power limiters.

Fair point.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

That isn't really the way the game works. It is probably how it should work but the Build Burning alone kind of proves that because nobody programmed in Jigen Haoh moves and assigned them point values or anything and there are plenty of other examples of things which don't make sense there.

I mean the honest truth is that BF's game makes no sense and shouldn't be analyzed closely. Winning Road just stands out because it fills the same niche as the Absorb Shield but without the limitations and strengths that AS had, so it leads to the question. If Winning Gundam had to build up a Plavsky reserve and then release it (ala the RG system) then Winning Road would totally make sense.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 22, 2014

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Darth Walrus posted:

Compatible Kaiser? I-is that you?

I'm actually pretty OK with this potential design. And the new Winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The game does take into consideration some factors. We know that Sei struggled at one point designing how the MkII engine was going to power it, the SBS has to use external energy to power its more powerful modes and the Cardigan cant equip a full weapon loadout because of power and weight constraints.

There's no reason why the Burning couldn't equip a backpack outside of Sei's personal preference though.

• Locked thread