Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If Meenah drones on about how the ring's just some bullshit bauble and they should just let it pass them by only for Vriska to punt her into an exploding dream bubble and grab the ring for herself, this whole digression will have been worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I forgot how needlessly verbose vriskachat gets.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Dolash posted:

"Unnatural" is pushing it - what's natural about anything going on in this comic? If some Cthulhus want to make bubbles so that dead teenagers' souls don't fade away, who is a giant green skull monster to tell them they can't? I'm firmly of the opinion that double-death is totally actually death and Meenah being cavalier about it is not a good or laudable thing, it's just some teenage angst of the form "psh other people care so much about being alive, not me though!" It's only better than their ghost army plan because at least now they're not deliberately mind-controlling people to their erasure-death.

Well, Aradia seems to be the dreambubble expert, and even though she loves her dead friends (all those Nepetas!), she still sees the dreambubbles as a big playroom that will one day need to be cleaned up and put away. We don't know what the troll afterlife (the real one, not the game invented one) is like, but presumably the dreambubbles are supposed to be a temporary waystation on that route.

Now, if you're assuming that it's just Oblivion after the dreambubbles... yeah, that makes the issue a bit more murky. But Nanna's spirit (which didn't go to dreambubbles, as she wasn't a player) had to be pulled from somewhere, so it seems like Homestuck has an afterlife of some sort.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
It's double-update week over at PXS.

Whats that thing Crabdad just brought in?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The "whatever-beast leavings" Karkat always talked about him bringing home.

Basically a giant Alternian cow pie.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Bobulus posted:

Now, if you're assuming that it's just Oblivion after the dreambubbles... yeah, that makes the issue a bit more murky. But Nanna's spirit (which didn't go to dreambubbles, as she wasn't a player) had to be pulled from somewhere, so it seems like Homestuck has an afterlife of some sort.

Alternatively, "Nanna" is a copy that the game/program simulated or otherwise created; Sburb has access to every timeline of every universe to pull data from.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Hiveminded posted:

Alternatively, "Nanna" is a copy that the game/program simulated or otherwise created; Sburb has access to every timeline of every universe to pull data from.
Once a game of Sburb begins and a player successfully enters the Incipisphere, we have been told that many things, like their planet, come into being and paradoxically have always existed. I wouldn't be surprised if the game used time fuckery to make sure it had the information necessary to template sprites prototyped from dead things.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Bilirubin posted:

So when the ring returns to them which one of them, Meenah or Vriska, do you think will out dirty fight the other to get it?

All this not caring is fine while there are no options, but when an option opens up then what?

Vriska nabs it. Meenah's speech about Thieves (being a Thief of Life) makes it a bit on the nose if it should ever come to that.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Glazius posted:

I mean, don't get me wrong, it is nice to see Vriska give up the giant smoldering hate-volcano that was her heart, but there was also that ridiculous speech she made about saving people. And... she's still got the cursor, unless its juju went to live in John.

Vriska does say that the Homestuck logo juju will re-activate when it's brought near the original person who used it, who was Caliborn. So, perhaps Vriska will be the one to do the honors.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Bobulus posted:

Wait, what the gently caress? That explosion looked weird (BKEW is already spewing some bullshit about it being the triforce?) but... if you look at it when it's yellow...

...that is clearly a Vriska eye. Seven pupils, six small ones orbiting a big one. I don't, uh, know what to make of that.

...I guess it could just be a metaphor for how Vriska is seeing her past actions in Lord English's rampage?

If it reminds me of anything, it reminds me of the Combrave graphic from Problem Sleuth:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001452

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Glazius posted:

I mean, don't get me wrong, it is nice to see Vriska give up the giant smoldering hate-volcano that was her heart, but there was also that ridiculous speech she made about saving people. And... she's still got the cursor, unless its juju went to live in John.

But Vriska basically flat-out said that the speech was just a way for her to save face and spin things into her having been a hero all along after most of her pirate crew up and left because she is a horrible person who was killing a bunch of people solely to satisfy her own ego. Even John who had previously been like "I guess you killing Tavros was ok, it's just a hosed up troll thing right?" instead said that he did not want her to come back to life since she is loving crazy and a danger to everyone around her. So she didn't actually mean anything she said at all.

Besides Meenah will be the one brought back to life because she is destined to steal poo poo related to life from loser chumps like John, and probably Hussie. Hussie is pretty chumpish. She'll probably be really broken up about it though.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

glowing-fish posted:

If it reminds me of anything, it reminds me of the Combrave graphic from Problem Sleuth:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001452

kind of reminds me of when Rose asked her question of the cue ball

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

thanks alot assbag posted:

Vriska does say that the Homestuck logo juju will re-activate when it's brought near the original person who used it, who was Caliborn. So, perhaps Vriska will be the one to do the honors.

The original person who used it was John.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The original person who used it was John.

Nah, assbag was right. He got the thing as a reward for slaying his Yaldabaoth, remember? I don't know what it did when he used it, though, since he hasn't been zapping around or anything.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Note to Self posted:

Nah, assbag was right. He got the thing as a reward for slaying his Yaldabaoth, remember? I don't know what it did when he used it, though, since he hasn't been zapping around or anything.

Hmm. Well, he's got to do something with that lovely stage. Picking it up with a cursor and yanking it off the page into reality seems as good a use as any.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This update was extremely good, and the new look for Vriska, very loving badass and sexy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Note to Self posted:

Maybe he didn't use it. Maybe he just left it lying around in an incredibly suspicious cave because he realized that whatever power it gave him wouldn't be worth obtaining such an obvious weakness. And now, when the time is right, the juju will be used not to defeat him but to defeat John.

Anyway, that's my crack theory of the day.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

net cafe scandal posted:

This update was extremely good, and the new look for Vriska, very loving badass and sexy.

6 sweeps dude

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fucknag posted:

6 sweeps dude

.. :raise: Come to think of it, isn't Meenah like 18 or 19? Do ghosts age, if they feel like they're getting older? Cause if not, that's kind of creepy.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Cabbit posted:

.. :raise: Come to think of it, isn't Meenah like 18 or 19? Do ghosts age, if they feel like they're getting older? Cause if not, that's kind of creepy.

Well, ghosts DO have to pee, as has been established

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

:smithicide:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Cabbit posted:

The Alpha trolls have been ghosts for literally millions of years. If they were capable of getting older, it would have happened by now.

It's one of the reasons why I doubt Vriska is getting resurrected: she'd be three years younger than the rest of the cast.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Bobulus posted:

The Alpha trolls have been ghosts for literally millions of years. If they were capable of getting older, it would have happened by now.

It's one of the reasons why I doubt Vriska is getting resurrected: she'd be three years younger than the rest of the cast.

But that's my point-- they're not getting older cause they don't think they are, they're emotionally stunted and have stopped growing as people. They're unchanging, so they don't actually change. Even Meenah admits her outlook on things hasn't hardly changed at all.

Vriska seems like a different person than when she died, though.

I mean, hell, she's as tall as Meenah is.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think it would be pretty funny to have Vriska come back and suddenly be like an entire foot shorter than the rest of them.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Cabbit posted:

I mean, hell, she's as tall as Meenah is.

Not sure that proves anything. I think every single time characters have been drawn in 'hero mode', they've been the same height. Even Nepeta and Equius. Height difference might just not be a thing that interests Hussie.

sirtommygunn posted:

I think it would be pretty funny to have Vriska come back and suddenly be like an entire foot shorter than the rest of them.

True.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

but still taller than Gamzee

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Behemoth dung!

It is what trolls have instead of christmas trees.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I love my dead gay homestucks.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Glazius posted:

Oh god. It's been in front of us so long we never noticed.

Retcon John crashes into a Karkat memo.

Thousands will die, needlessly.
It will be great if it's one of the ones with Karkat is talking to future/past Karkat. Everyone would be confused. And Karkat would end up having to type word for word exactly what he said.

Well unless the future Karkat gets retroactive knowledge of the entire conversation before he enters his part.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

net cafe scandal posted:

Even for ironic posting, this is a new low.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I just got to say, Vriska's tattoo is tacky as poo poo.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Isn't it awesome when underaged girls get piercings, tattoos, and a skrillex haircut? 100% boner fuel right there!

You are a pedophile.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ramos posted:

I just got to say, Vriska's tattoo is tacky as poo poo.

You can only really work an anchor tat on your bicep if it is a particularly ripped bicep, and even then probably only if you're a professional sailor

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

sitchelin posted:

Isn't it awesome when underaged girls get piercings, tattoos, and a skrillex haircut? 100% boner fuel right there!

You are a pedophile.

Lmao my rear end off @ this post here

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

sitchelin posted:

You are a pedophile.
Someone's projecting.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

WAR FOOT posted:

Even for ironic posting, this is a new low.

sitchelin posted:

You are a pedophile.

WAR Foot why did you have to go and make it a challenge.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
This thread discussion has already been alluded to, actually.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

thanks

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sitchelin posted:

You are a pedophile.

No need to "Karkat" out on me, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I'm honestly curious- did Karkat screw up the gifts? If so I wonder who gave who what

If he didn't then the answer is pretty obvious- the box matches the blood color of the one giving the gift, so Eq built a robot, Kanaya made that dress, so on, so forth.

If he did, then I would guess that the color on the box was meant to go to that specific Troll- Fef was meant to get the fish, Eq the robot, Kanaya the dress. Dunno which of the other Trolls was any good at making robots though