Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
You have a Nyx prime, just keep using Chaos on cooldown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
I'm fairly new to the game but I'm confused at how the mission difficulty is determined. I'm trying to progress through Venus so I can get some Rhino parts to build my second Warframe and I loadup one of the ~10-13 objective based missions and am promptly murdered by spawns of 10+ enemies. I have an Excaliber around level 16 and a level 20 primary gun so I thought I would be fine. Are the missions balanced for squads only and they don't adjust down for solo? Also any other tips for someone very new to the game and playing on PS4?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Kyte posted:

Last time I tried to RDP into the game the launcher complained about not being playable on a remote session or something like that. What RDP client did you use?
I used the RDP client from my Mac, but who knows if anything's changed?

It'll work with Google Chrome's remote desktop though it turns out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2l82sd/psa_using_chromes_remote_desktop_on_android/

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Verno5x posted:

I'm fairly new to the game but I'm confused at how the mission difficulty is determined. I'm trying to progress through Venus so I can get some Rhino parts to build my second Warframe and I loadup one of the ~10-13 objective based missions and am promptly murdered by spawns of 10+ enemies. I have an Excaliber around level 16 and a level 20 primary gun so I thought I would be fine. Are the missions balanced for squads only and they don't adjust down for solo? Also any other tips for someone very new to the game and playing on PS4?

The game is balanced a bit more around playing in a group, I think. Also Corpus in groups can be a pretty decent threat at any level because MOAs never ever stop shooting.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Male Man posted:

Amprex has relatively poor base status rate, at 20%/sec. That's less than half the Braton's.

Yes, but it also hits 12 targets per shot, which is what I'm assuming makes blast good on it.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Verno5x posted:

The difficulty level is just the level of the enemies in the mission, this has NO RELATION AT ALL to the levels of your weapons and frame. There's no real shorthand for learning how your gear and enemy levels match-up, it's just something that comes with time. And yes, the missions are balanced around squads.

Edit: If this were PC I'd say join the goon clan and get showered in good mods, but I dunno about PS4.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

something something failed economy

Seriously, I'm two or three coupons away from having 25.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Apparently its impossible to rebind some controls for using the archwing if you use a controller. This has been a problem since October :pwn:

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

On Vauban chat!

The three main builds are

Vortex

Repelling Bastille

Tesla Link

In all builds, duration is important (at least Narrow Minded/Primed Continuity). Constitution is great as well - though I don't use it in the Tesla Link build since I want some damage at least, and the Tesla's tend to burn out before hitting their max duration with enough enemies around.

With Vortex, you... use Vortex wherever things will be. Chokes are nice, though its kind of lost out on usefulness with the addition of the Infested Moas.

Repelling Bastille is fantastic since it forcibly ejects enemies if you toss it onto a big group (since with Overextended it only holds 4 - everyone else is tossed out), and knocks things down that run into it. It also keeps everything from running in and slapping your face - as well as locks enemies out of rooms. And its huuuuge. I like it a lot with Speed Nova + Disarm Loki on defenses.

Tesla Link is the silliest and least useful build, but it is hilarious. You throw Teslas everywhere. You throw them onto either side of the door. Or cover the ground in them so enemies walk over the link. They completely destroy low-level enemies.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Verno5x posted:

Your weapon and frame level are less important than what your weapon and frame are and what mods you have on them. This game isn't really balanced very well and there's a lot of things that will just never be very good even at level 30 with good mods. If you're still running with the Mk-1 weapons you started with, for example, you're going to get wrecked by mid to high level enemies, particularly now that enemies are more accurate then they used to be.

And it's explicitly not meant to be played solo — spawn sizes don't scale down when it's just you so you'll get overrun, particularly if you're not a frame with a lot of crowd control. It's possible to solo all but the most high level content, but you really need very specific builds and high level weapons to do it, and it's usually not worth it.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I think the spawns do scale down, just not a whole lot. I've been soloing my syndicate daily missions most of the time and I don't see as many mobs as I'd expect with a full squad.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Anyone have a good mid-tier (for someone who may not have all the high-end mods yet) Mirage build?

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
So, are the servers actually stable now?

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

hooah posted:

I think the spawns do scale down, just not a whole lot. I've been soloing my syndicate daily missions most of the time and I don't see as many mobs as I'd expect with a full squad.

Just, for the love of god, don't solo Corpus Excavation missions. Its literally wall to wall Nullifiers. 90 seconds is a long time when you can't use your powers.

Thronde posted:

Anyone have a good mid-tier (for someone who may not have all the high-end mods yet) Mirage build?

I'd just go with the basics.

Stretch - Flow - Continuity - Intensify
Streamline - Redirection - Vitality and something else.

Its an all-around generic build that'll be good for most enemies, and its pretty versatile and cheap. Its pretty much what I'd run when I am not focusing on a specific power or powers.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Haerc posted:

So, are the servers actually stable now?

This is DE we're talking about. The answer will always be 'no, they are only slightly less volatile. For the moment.'

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Radioactive Disarm does not work through nullifier shields, but the Radiation proc is not dispelled by them either. It's a neat augment that let me solo a couple of excavations already, including a high level corpus one.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

So I bought myself a gift pack yesterday, but nothing from it has shown up in Warframe. Steam's stuff has gone through though, trading cards and all. Anyone know what's up with that?

To head off the inevitable question: No, it's not in my inventory on either Steam or Warframe.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
PSA to anyone using Nekros, Soul Survivor is amazing and worth every penny.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

EroticBlacksmith posted:

PSA to anyone using Nekros, Soul Survivor is amazing and worth every penny.

Why resurrect people when you can just desecrate more?

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

flick3r posted:

Why resurrect people when you can just desecrate more?

Can't desecrate if people aren't killing things for you. Time spent murdering is time not desecrating.

ptp
Aug 27, 2010

Sighence posted:

So I bought myself a gift pack yesterday, but nothing from it has shown up in Warframe. Steam's stuff has gone through though, trading cards and all. Anyone know what's up with that?

To head off the inevitable question: No, it's not in my inventory on either Steam or Warframe.

I tried to buy something for myself earlier and it turns out I just added the funds to my Steam account to purchase the item, not the item itself. Check and make sure you aren't in the same boat maybe?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Man... My warframe install in steam seems really funky. This is like the fifth time in a week I've had to Verify Integrity of the Game Cache to get the game to run. Right now it's minimizing to desktop over and over when I try to open the game.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Are you verifying with steam or the launcher?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I can't log into this at all, is this normal for the pc version? I've got a ticket going with DE support but if anyone knows of something specifically whacked with the servers right now that would be helpful to know. I'm certain my user/pass info is correct but I instantly get 'login failed. check your info' all the time every time.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm thinking about dropping 20 bucks for the steam 50% off sale thing. What can I get out of 500 platinum that will be immediately impactful?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Potatoes and slots.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Sandweed posted:

Are you verifying with steam or the launcher?

Did it with Steam. It didn't fix the problem. I did a clean graphics driver installation and it seemed to fix the problem.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Azran posted:

Submit a support ticket. I'm not joking. RNG is not random in this game, it follows a broken formula, and something is obviously hosed. Maybe 6 months from now and 3 updates later, there will be a quiet patch note about "adjusted reward randomization" or somesuch.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

SlayVus posted:

Did it with Steam. It didn't fix the problem. I did a clean graphics driver installation and it seemed to fix the problem.

Don't verify with steam, it will not download the newest version. If you need to verify do it through the launcher.

In other news: I have a Telos Akbolto I want to trade for a Red Veil or Perrin Sequence weapon.

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Dec 23, 2014

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Corrupted Eximus Bombards in Tower 4 are a goddamn death sentence if they catch you by surprise. First salvo of rockets knock you over and soften you up, and before you get back up you have another salvo coming at you. :gibs:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I really wish they'd take all the dumb knockdown bullshit like rockets and scorpion/ancient tethers out of the game. Nothing's more 'fun' then getting hit by one of those and then watching your shields and health melt to 0 with nothing you can do about it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ranged pull effects are completely unjustifiable in any 3d action game. They're poo poo in WoW/Wildstar/other MMO pvp, they're poo poo in Diablo-likes, they're poo poo in Warframe. Any game they exist in is made worse by them.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Actually while I'm at it I wish they'd get over their hardon for enemies with timer-based invulnerability mechanics. Lech Kril, Sargas Ruk, Mutalist Alad V... it's not fun just sitting around while the boss dicks around until it randomly decides to let you damage it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I did laugh when an ancient pulled me off a ledge intoa bottomless pit though.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Hey thread i have a question about glaives: Does the Killing Blow mod (+120% channeling damage) also affect the explosion you get from the last bounce of power throw ( punch thru +0.6)?
Killing Blow isn't actually very good because it only seems to increase channeling value by a fraction of what you'd expect. If you look at the weapon multiplier when you equip it it seems like it only adds 20% to the value base when the text implies it's giving you +120% bonus channeling damage. Not worth a V slot or 11 points.

Azran posted:

This RNG engine has to be broken still. This don't make no drat sense

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

Yes, but it also hits 12 targets per shot, which is what I'm assuming makes blast good on it.

Male Man posted:

Amprex has relatively poor base status rate, at 20%/sec. That's less than half the Braton's.

Not just blast, if you're using the elemental/status mods and hammer shot you should be pushing more than 92% status (I'm hitting 86 and I'm only missing the Cryotic front dual stat) Basic corrosive/blast loadout. Use the last slot for point strike to get your crit chance to 125%
Now add a mirage for extra hilarity.
Watch hive missions just become entertaining physics simulators.

Most of my builds lately have been entirely dependent on cheesing Mirage. I'm cooking an angstrum right now, I'll get back to you on how firing 105 missiles per charge is.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How does your computer not set on fire every time you click to shoot?

For real though, people with low-end computers trying to play with you must be hilarious.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

This RNG engine has to be broken still. This don't make no drat sense

Actually, it makes perfect sense. Whether there's a problem with the RNG or not (I'm not saying there is/isn't), there is always the chance you can keep rolling the same number over and over, that's why it's called a random number generator. It's the same as when people who gamble complain of fixes when their number never comes up, it's just good/bad luck depending on whatever reoccurs, and not some sort of conspiracy (most of the time).

We all went over this several pages back.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

PseudoFaux posted:

Not just blast, if you're using the elemental/status mods and hammer shot you should be pushing more than 92% status (I'm hitting 86 and I'm only missing the Cryotic front dual stat) Basic corrosive/blast loadout. Use the last slot for point strike to get your crit chance to 125%
Now add a mirage for extra hilarity.
Watch hive missions just become entertaining physics simulators.

Most of my builds lately have been entirely dependent on cheesing Mirage. I'm cooking an angstrum right now, I'll get back to you on how firing 105 missiles per charge is.

Remember that the Angstrum can fire more rockets at a time if you increase its clip size. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

How does your computer not set on fire every time you click to shoot?

For real though, people with low-end computers trying to play with you must be hilarious.

Oh hosting someone with a mirage is not fun with certain weapons. If you want to make a mid-power build cry get four mirages with max multishot phages. Phage tentacles are rendered like some sort of physics simulation or insane particle spam to create the beam effect. Suddenly, not only are you rendering your clients' phages you're then having to calculate their trajectories and transmit that data to the other clients.