Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Flagrama posted:

So, ground pound into pipe in the water section? I have to remember that. Especially if I was that close to the end at that point.

It depends. Sometimes if you were dropping fast enough you'd get farther just dropping then ground pounding, since that has a delay where you're frozen in space for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Canadians, Futureshop has the 32GB Mario 3D World/Nintendo Land console bundle plus $40 gift card for $300CAD: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...ced7de8c338en02

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sharrrk posted:

i've never played it

It's very atmospheric which will earn a game a lot of points In My Eyes, also it's good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mabels big day posted:

He plays palutena in Smash and has a Shadow the Hedgehog avatar... Do you even need to ask?

Chr*st the Lord... Is this the Wii U thread or the character assassination thread ??

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

oddium posted:

Chr*st the Lord... Is this the Wii U thread or the character assassination thread ??

talk about poisoning the well...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

It's the Assassins Creed Unity thread.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

He plays palutena in Smash and has a Shadow the Hedgehog avatar... Do you even need to ask?

i can't believe this

oddium posted:

It's very atmospheric which will earn a game a lot of points In My Eyes, also it's good

hmmm... maybe i will have to Check it out sometime. i do still need to play dkc returns 3d, i've had that sitting around for almost a year now.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Do the games in nintendo land require a Wii motion plus or will regular wiimotes work?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Stan Taylor posted:

Do the games in nintendo land require a Wii motion plus or will regular wiimotes work?

Some games require a motion plus, like Zelda, other games don't, like Luigi's Mansion or Animal Crossing, I think.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Something to keep in mind with Wii/Wii U multiplayer games where it's option is that EVERY remote being used has to either be motion plus/have the add-on or not have it.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

Something to keep in mind with Wii/Wii U multiplayer games where it's option is that EVERY remote being used has to either be motion plus/have the add-on or not have it.

Ironically, this makes me very glad I never bought a Wii. Get a Wii U, play all the old Wii games and never have to worry about having a Wiimote without motionplus.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Neo Rasa posted:

Whoa, weird. That sucks.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

This post is worded very strangely, but it sounds like you're saying that under certain circumstances games will force players NOT to have the Motion+, and as far as I know that is never the case.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Neo Rasa posted:

Wait, are you sure on that? I remember hosting multiple parties where we had five people playing Nintendo Land, and I didn't have 4 motion plus remotes until very recently. Maybe I'll have to take another look at those remotes, but I don't recall that being any sort of issue for us.

(Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. Maybe I'm misinterpreting.)

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yeah I typed this too early in the morning sorry. :)

To be more clear, there are a lot of specific games where motion plus controls are optional (most of these are on the Wii rather than the Wii U and are obsolete due to what's on the Wii U anyway). With these games, everyone playing has to either have motion plus on or off. They all have to match. If this isn't an issue on Nintendo Land that's awesome though because I have a mix of launch remotes and newer ones.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 23, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i would like if the gamepad made it a little more clear when it was about to die. maybe a beep or popup a little battery icon or something. I got into zelda warriors last night and didnt even notice the red light

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Awesome! posted:

i would like if the gamepad made it a little more clear when it was about to die. maybe a beep or popup a little battery icon or something. I got into zelda warriors last night and didnt even notice the red light

The light goes from red to flashing red. It would be nice if there was an on screen notification though. Right now you have to open the home menu to see battery status.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Fremry posted:

The light goes from red to flashing red. It would be nice if there was an on screen notification though. Right now you have to open the home menu to see battery status.

On Wind Waker HD it has a low battery icon on the bottom right of the screen that appears when the GamePad is dying. Weird that no other games have that, though.

Briny Sea Pup
Mar 28, 2010
Has anyone had problems with their console freezing and producing an ear splitting beep sound? I was battling the sand worm in Pikmin 3 when it happened; Scared the poo poo out of me it was so loud.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Loading times for Lego City Undercover are really loving long, wow.

The game is pretty fun but man, make sure to bring a book.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Afrika Korps posted:

Has anyone had problems with their console freezing and producing an ear splitting beep sound? I was battling the sand worm in Pikmin 3 when it happened; Scared the poo poo out of me it was so loud.

Did it sound like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2UhaepkdFI

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I don't know if I just have a godly gamepad or whatever but I've never run out of battery power. Everyone complains the battery life on it is poo poo but I had a marathon four-hour smash fest the other week and I don't think I noticed anything about the gamepad dying.

Are people just not charging it or are they playing for 10 hours a day or what?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i leave mine on the charging stand when im not using it. it gets ~4 hours

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I've only ever had the red light on the gamepad come on once, and that was the wee hours of the morning after Mario Kart 8 came out and I had been playing it all night. I just plugged it in and kept going. Yeah, by controller standards, 4 hours isn't the greatest battery life, but I rarely play that long in a single session anyway, so I don't see it as a minus.

Briny Sea Pup
Mar 28, 2010

Spectacle Rock posted:

Did it sound like this?

Lol yeah that's it. I've heard setting miiverse's language to english only can somehow fix it.

Briny Sea Pup fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 23, 2014

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I got the extended battery and rest it on the cradle when it's not in use so my game pad will never die :cool:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Awesome! posted:

i leave mine on the charging stand when im not using it. it gets ~4 hours

Me too, but for some reason, mine gets around 3.5 hours. I bought the extended battery because store.nintendo.com has them in stock. Supposed to last like 8 hours with it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

woah there's an official big battery? how annoying is the gamepad to open up?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Awesome! posted:

Here's the link for the battery.

I don't know how difficult it is, I haven't gotten mine yet.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh hell yea nintendo. they made it super easy

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+Wii+U+GamePad+Battery+Replacement/12824

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh hey, NES Remix 2 shirt
https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/45127.do

Stars freaking aligned, I was hearing the two best friends podcast and they started talking about buying nerd shirts out of spite for a while and i was just browsing absent minded, not even thinking when I got to club nintendo.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
How does one buy nerd shirts out of spite?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Spite for whom? Yourself?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Awesome! posted:

It's trivial to do. Just two 00 Phillips screws and pulling a connector designed for it.

The larger battery is very impressive, but it does add a noticeable bit of heft to the Gamepad. though.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I wonder, a commercial possibly has a redesigned Wii U game pad?

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/13/is-this-a-redesigned-wii-u-gamepad-in-latest-mario-kart-8-japanese-commercial/

I heard two things elsewhere, but I cannot find links for them.
1) Miyamoto said they are working on a lighter Wii U Gamepad
2) Miyamoto said they might release cards (like trading cards) that have the same capabilities that Amiibos do. I hope they actually do this because that way I could get Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer.

Again, I'd consider this rumor land until I found some actual sources.

edit: Found this on the trading card idea
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/11/06/nintendo-discusses-cheaper-amiibo-figures-trading-cards/

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

It's strange that they want it to be lighter when it's already ridiculously light.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I think that was debunked. To me, it just looks like camera trickery combined with the gamepad's display being superimposed too large (notice the dad is angling the gamepad forwards enough to see the bottom, while the display is more head-on.)

I'd like to see it happen, though, because that means they'd probably start selling them in stores and I can stop worrying about my console being crippled if I ever gently caress up the gamepad.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Links to the 3DS thread and non-Imp-Zone Smash thread have been added to the OP (though it kind of looks like the 3DS thread should be renewed fairly soon).

Also, the PAL release date for Chariot is apparently going to be January 8th, I believe. Currently, the upcoming list is a bit of a mess. There aren't many announced release dates and we're in a bit of a year transition.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh hey, NES Remix 2 shirt
https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/45127.do

Stars freaking aligned, I was hearing the two best friends podcast and they started talking about buying nerd shirts out of spite for a while and i was just browsing absent minded, not even thinking when I got to club nintendo.

Sizes available: L and XL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Lemming posted:

Sizes available: L and XL

Man, where are the shirts for cute-sized gamers?

• Locked thread