Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Reading comments is something we've all warned each other NOT to do. But none of us take the advice, and we all wind up reading them and feeling bad. There's a couple of communities I don't ever visit, because everyone there shits on me specifically for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

wtf are punch lasers

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

beep by grandpa posted:

wtf are punch lasers

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/353085/features/kojima-confused-by-the-last-of-us-secret-punch-lasers/

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Thanks, pal :) I was laughing the entire time I read this all because of how many times I've heard Punch Lasers today from binging some recent SBF videos I haven't had time for the last month.

Al-Saqr posted:

oooow that was pretty goddamn amazing. I HAVE to hunt down that song woolie used for both wonderful 101 and MGR.
Here they are (spoilered in case someone else gets here and doesn't want the hypest fuckin moments of Woolie's video spoiled):

Wonderball 101 - Tables Turnover (Quad City DJs vs Platinum Star Games feat. Fort Minor)

Rules of Nature (kazoo/guitar parody)

And god damnit, The Wonderful 101 is so loving good. Last month I finally completed the game and legitimately unlocked Wonder-Bayonetta (which is from completing all the chieves in the game), 80ish hours put into that game and the part in Woolie's video where they show Laambo's death with the audio from the Pat/Woolie section of the July TW101 video put the biggest grin on my face as though it was the first time I saw it.

edit: omfg what's name of the song in Matt's video during KI section around the 33:10 mark? I don't have a 'bone but I will buy this soundtrack just from those 30 seconds in that video, gently caress :stare:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 23, 2014

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

I really need to go back and beat w101, I dont know where I ended up stopping but I kind of hit a point where I realised I clearly wasnt understanding core concepts of the game. Matt talking about there being a point where things click makes it obvious I just hadnt quite got there yet.
I guess I know what I'm gonna be playing over the christmas break.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol Woolie is so loving bad at rapping, it's great.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So...when I mentioned Tables Turn before...I kinda really wanted to post the exact mashup Woolie used for his W101 top mention. As much as Space Jam mashups have been ran into the ground, that one is still fantastic.

Oh my god, it's the best Top 10 video yet. Woolie, you amazing bastard.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Man I wish I liked Wonderful 101. :(

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Punch-Out part of the hour-long Superfriends on The Wonderful 101 was great on it's own too. Remember when you'd just punch forever and never stop hitting their block ever?

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I didn't know Woolie was a fan of Snatcher, so the whole motif was a really cool surprise. Man Snatcher is so cool.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ashtarath posted:

I really need to go back and beat w101, I dont know where I ended up stopping but I kind of hit a point where I realised I clearly wasnt understanding core concepts of the game. Matt talking about there being a point where things click makes it obvious I just hadnt quite got there yet.
I guess I know what I'm gonna be playing over the christmas break.

Chip and Ironicus are currently doing a W101 LP and there's some decent system explanations on the first videos, so you might wanna check those out.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

Reading comments is something we've all warned each other NOT to do. But none of us take the advice, and we all wind up reading them and feeling bad. There's a couple of communities I don't ever visit, because everyone there shits on me specifically for whatever reason.

Comments are universally bad and I wish that whoever first put them on the internet hadn't.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Listening to the podcast, and I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks Princess Bubblegum is secretly evil. All my friends think I'm crazy.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Man I wish I liked Wonderful 101. :(

You dislike Wonderful 101.

You like Asura's Wrath.

Time to look at your life.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Dias posted:

Chip and Ironicus are currently doing a W101 LP and there's some decent system explanations on the first videos, so you might wanna check those out.

That sounds exactly like what I need, thanks for that.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

beep by grandpa posted:

edit: omfg what's name of the song in Matt's video during KI section around the 33:10 mark? I don't have a 'bone but I will buy this soundtrack just from those 30 seconds in that video, gently caress :stare:

That's TJ Combo's new theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v8_lHwq2C8

Sadly it's not on the officially released soundtrack (which is still good but only has season one themes on it), but the guy who's Youtube channel I posted has some pretty sick mixes of the new/unreleased themes.
I really hope they package the full KI OST once all is said and done.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
God I hope I land that QA gig at the end of the year. I really want to get a Wii U now. My GF is basically not even being subtle she wants to play Hyrule Warriors. :v:

And I so want it for Wonderful 101.

I dunno if Matt/Woolie/Liam can relate but the one thing that sucks about being a former QA tester, it's a pain in the butt to almost get another QA gig. It's like they almost hate anyone who has more than 2 years of experience in the field. :v:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Lol Woolie is so loving bad at rapping, it's great.

I loving love woolie

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Radio Paranoia posted:

That's TJ Combo's new theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v8_lHwq2C8

Sadly it's not on the officially released soundtrack (which is still good but only has season one themes on it), but the guy who's Youtube channel I posted has some pretty sick mixes of the new/unreleased themes.
I really hope they package the full KI OST once all is said and done.

Thank you!! Good loving grief I'm about to get an xbone and KI just for this soundtrack :dance:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

monhun owns, pat owns.

the rest of you guys are ok i guess. maybe you should hunt more mons, that's my advice.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Ruggington posted:

I loving love woolie

Also

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Listening to the podcast, and I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks Princess Bubblegum is secretly evil. All my friends think I'm crazy.

It's not even a secret at this point, really.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

beep by grandpa posted:

Thank you!! Good loving grief I'm about to get an xbone and KI just for this soundtrack :dance:

Wait it out until early next year. It might be coming to PC. :ssh:

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Friendcast is up.

Oh god no, why would woolie bring up prison school.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Prison School is the best worst thing I've ever read.

It's grotesquely pandering in all the worst ways and I like to think/hope it's a reaction to his other series, Me and the Devil Blues, getting cancelled. The cynicism portrayed in it is so flagrant, its characters so openly, wholeheartedly moronic, but it never, not once, lets itself realize how stupid it is, and for that it is amazing.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Please install No Youtube Comment addons/plugins for your browser of choice, you'll feel better you did

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm not gonna lie part of the reason I bought my Bone was D4 and because I heard that song I wanted to actually play KI. Then I played KI and I remembered why I don't like it, but the way Iron Galaxy handled Combo is interesting.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

The christmas friendcast broke my ipod... which is a good thing so thank you! (Im getting a new one for xmas)

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Captain Invictus posted:

Prison School is the best worst thing I've ever read.

It's grotesquely pandering in all the worst ways and I like to think/hope it's a reaction to his other series, Me and the Devil Blues, getting cancelled. The cynicism portrayed in it is so flagrant, its characters so openly, wholeheartedly moronic, but it never, not once, lets itself realize how stupid it is, and for that it is amazing.

Please install No Youtube Comment addons/plugins for your browser of choice, you'll feel better you did

I think I might have actually led to Woolie reading Prison School because I tweeted this exact page to Woolie once :ohdear:

Prison School is total garbage but early on it's pretty hilarious.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Prison School is a loving tragedy because it's what the creator had to resort to after Me And the Devil Blues got cancelled.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

From this hype build up I'm going to predict that Liam just went ahead and commissioned GAINAX to animate his entire top 10 of 2013 video.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

beep by grandpa posted:

From this hype build up I'm going to predict that Liam just went ahead and commissioned GAINAX to animate his entire top 10 of 2013 video.

Liam just got 10 different animation studios to animate his top 10 vidoe.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
I think the comic sans '#1 you did it' at the very end of Woolie's Top 10 video really sold it for me.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I didn't know Woolie was a fan of Snatcher, so the whole motif was a really cool surprise. Man Snatcher is so cool.

Snatcher doesn't get enough love. I made a thread about the game years ago when a friend told me about it. I went into it blind just based on him saying it would change my life and that Kojima made it. He was right; one of the best games I've ever played.

Everybody should play Snatcher.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

God I love plague so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_4ljRv4Yuo

\/\/\/ Same, as an Australian living in a country town he seems relatively normal in comparison

Ashtarath fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 23, 2014

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I think living in Kentucky must slowly drive you insane, because Plague never seems that weird to me.

He's doing an LP of Dark Souls right now and it's really informative, but gets kind of bogged down by lore talk and him shuffling through his apparently extensive notes.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Another quality production by Mr. of Gripes! Though I feel like half the reason he made this one was so he could finally introduce his weird polygamous fishwives to the world.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just bought a Vita pretty much entirely because of the Top 10 videos and the SBF Playstation Experience video :negative:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Matt, I applaud you for your great work on your top Tens of 2013! I cannot wait for your lists of 2014 games!

Also your cat is very adorable.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kimmalah posted:

I think living in Kentucky must slowly drive you insane, because Plague never seems that weird to me.

As someone that lives in Kentucky this is pretty much true. Just nothing to do and too much time to think.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Grouchio posted:

Matt, I applaud you for your great work on your top Tens of 2013! I cannot wait for your lists of 2014 games!

Also your cat is very adorable.

Thanks! I guess since the top tens came out with no warning, no one really cares about mine all that much, since it was the first. Eh, I'm getting used to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

Thanks! I guess since the top tens came out with no warning, no one really cares about mine all that much, since it was the first. Eh, I'm getting used to it.

I really liked how you went out of your way to point out the flaws in the games despite them being your top 10 of the year. Most peoples usually ignore any negatives about the games in their lists.

Also, even though I don't own an Xbone myself, I managed to convince someone to buy Killer Instinct today, so I'm doing my part to support your shillinglove of that game.