Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

That'll happen on the far side of never, but I like that idea of it giving Vlad Putin heartburn.
I'd like to think this would be incentive to unfuck their country and deal with corruption. On the other hand pessimism is always a safe bet.

Now we're dealing with Russia of course so they're going to be seeing some vast plot to keep eroding their sphere of influence. While the rest of the world just sees yet another country looking for safety in an alliance because nobody loving likes Russia.

Best Friends posted:

I will never stop lolling at how most Russians think Nazis were a gay Jewish joint.

Whoever runs RT in English has been smart enough to not run articles about the homonazi menace. Yet. But I am looking forward to some great comedy in 2015.

also wonder how long it is before dudes in portland with beards are sharing articles about how if you think about it, Alaska was like, stolen from the Russians, and also, isn't like, Putin super handsome? We're already halfway to the latter in the RT club.
Some D&Ders already admire Putin. I was in this thread one time where this guy kept banging on that at least Putin is effective and Obama is just as tyrannical :laugh: Never mind the fact that torturing gays to death is pretty much legal because nobody gives a poo poo, of course they're willing to overlook this just like every other despot they idolize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:pwn:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If I was in public affairs I'd pretty much spend my days thinking up bizarre commercials to inform people of policies.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Casimir Radon posted:

one time this guy kept banging on that at least Putin is effective and Obama is just as tyrannical

Bill the family for the bullet

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYyPJ3GBiA8

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Some D&Ders already admire Putin. I was in this thread one time where this guy kept banging on that at least Putin is effective and Obama is just as tyrannical :laugh: Never mind the fact that torturing gays to death is pretty much legal because nobody gives a poo poo, of course they're willing to overlook this just like every other despot they idolize.

It's coming from both sides of the aisle, too. I see these kind of crap from a lot of hardcore right-wing libertarians on facebook.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

It's coming from both sides of the aisle, too. I see these kind of crap from a lot of hardcore right-wing libertarians on facebook.

FreeRepublic.com was a full-on Putin lovefest before the whole Crimea business, and he still has a substantial fanbase.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Zeroisanumber posted:

FreeRepublic.com was a full-on Putin lovefest before the whole Crimea business, and he still has a substantial fanbase.

Dubya: "I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul; a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country."

I'm more partial to Gates' assessment: "I looked in his eyes and I saw the same KGB killer I’ve seen my whole life."

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

psydude posted:

Hitler had plenty of right-wing and isolationist apologists in the States prior to WW2. And Castro/Chavez/Guevara have had legions of liberal admirers for decades. This is not a new phenomenon.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
What does that tell you about critically digesting that sort of media in future, fellas?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

iyaayas01 posted:

Dubya: "I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul; a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country."

I'm more partial to Gates' assessment: "I looked in his eyes and I saw the same KGB killer I’ve seen my whole life."
Or Biden who told him he had no soul to his face.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Good news, everyone! We'll finally get to see that movie that nobody really wanted to see anyway!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sony-announces-limited-release-interview-760044

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Good news, everyone! We'll finally get to see that movie that nobody really wanted to see anyway!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sony-announces-limited-release-interview-760044
It's now you're patriotic duty to suffer through the Seth Rogan, and by extension James Franco because he becomes an unlikable douche when working with Rogan, movie!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

James Franco is always an unlikable douche.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

Or Biden who told him he had no soul to his face.

quote:

Biden told the magazine about his 2011 visit with Putin, who at the time was prime minister, and said he found himself just inches away from the Russian leader.

"I said, 'Mr. Prime Minister, I'm looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul,'" Biden told the magazine. "He looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, 'We understand one another.'"

Reuters

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I'd give Diamond Joe my vote.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:stare:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
You gotta admit, Putin's response is pretty great too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That sounds like an exchange from a James Bond movie.

MrYenko posted:

James Franco is always an unlikable douche.

I had no idea who he was before his Roast on Comedy Central. I got the impression you did, especially since the people roasting him were a pack of equally unfunny people.

iyaayas01 posted:

Oh Dubya, you dipshit.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Equine Don posted:

I'd give Diamond Joe my vote.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

lol people on Facebook are asserting that Sony was a false flag operation and that the US is picking on poor old little North Korea by illegally attacking their infrastructure. This, despite the fact that a) It's impossible to attribute the DDoS attack to the US, since DDoS attacks are insanely easy to pull off and effectively impossible to trace and b) If the US indeed has evidence to corroborate its claim that Best Korea is behind the attacks, the UN provides for it to respond with a proportional response.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
The Nork network infrastructure could probably be taken down by a half-starved squirrel.

Of course, said squirrel wouldn't last six seconds on the ground there, once spotted. Be all zombie-movie/Black Friday Doorbuster swarms of little skeletal people pouring out of every crack and from the storm sewers and poo poo.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
All you need to know about Obama's presidency is how much George Bush's approval by America has seemingly skyrocketed to the point where people are saying he was a great president and meaning it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I think if it was that easy to take down North Korea's internet it would be a regular pastime among the Anonymous crowd. Not to say it isn't ridiculous poo poo held together with twine and self-denial like everything else in Best Korea, but I'm willing to bet it was us behind it.

Cole posted:

All you need to know about human stupidity is how much George Bush's approval by America has seemingly skyrocketed to the point where people are saying he was a great president and meaning it.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Cole posted:

All you need to know about Obama's presidency is how much George Bush's approval by America has seemingly skyrocketed to the point where people are saying he was a great president and meaning it.

GWB Owns

He saved a lot of people here from a life on the fry machine

~makes u think~

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Cole posted:

this video is about the most damning thing imaginable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg5NvKpJfKE

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

CBJSprague24 posted:

I had no idea who he was before his Roast on Comedy Central. I got the impression you did, especially since the people roasting him were a pack of equally unfunny people.

That was not a roast. That was a two hour mutual-masturbation session of this generation's so-called "funniest" comedians. Jonah Hill and Seth Rogan were competing to see who was gayest for Franco. poo poo's gone downhill since Greg Giraldo OD'd.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Cole posted:

Economy grows 5% in the third quarter, Bin Laden is dead, gas is $2.38/gal, relations are re-opened with Cuba, 7 million previously uninsured people have health insurance, and the Russian economy is in the toilet. What a terrible presidency!

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Every time there's a two term presidency, about year 6 everyone hates the president, and each and every time this is treated as a new and unique event which says something fundamental about the president in question.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

psydude posted:

Economy grows 5% in the third quarter, Bin Laden is dead, gas is $2.38/gal, relations are re-opened with Cuba, 7 million previously uninsured people have health insurance, and the Russian economy is in the toilet. What a terrible presidency!

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

psydude posted:

But benghazi and his birth certificate and let's just say it HES BLACK

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Cole posted:

But benghazi and his birth certificate and let's just say it HES BLACK

he's a pretty lovely leader but lol whatever politics suck my dick (from the front)

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
At the end of the day I think Obama will go down as a middle of the pack president.

Bold, I know.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Politics.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Idk how people debate politics and religion constantly because no ones mind ever changes....

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

psydude posted:

Gas is $1.87 here :smug:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Reposting this from the Military Pictures thread.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Mike-o posted:

Would vote for a third term if that was real tbh

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mike-o posted:

Greatest president person in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

at the date posted:

Gas is $1.87 here :smug:

Just hit $1.79 here.

A litre :negative:

• Locked thread