Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everyone with good genes was sent to Australia. I've lived in both countries and can confirm England = Ugly, Australia = Attractive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So it dawned on me that since I have HBOGo, I also have Cinemax"Go". As I understand it, Strike Back, Banshee and The Knick all own, correct? Also "Strike Back: Origins" is just the first season?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Knick is great TV, Banshee is great trash TV.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ha I'm at my parents watching Network Homeland and it appears that NBC isn't content with that and is also ripping off the Americans.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

So it dawned on me that since I have HBOGo, I also have Cinemax"Go". As I understand it, Strike Back, Banshee and The Knick all own, correct? Also "Strike Back: Origins" is just the first season?

Origins is the British mini series with Richard Armitage and Rick Grimes. It's good, but it's not anywhere near AS good.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's worth watching first though.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Banshee is basically the love child of Road House and Cobra on steroids. Watch Banshee.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Origins is the British mini series with Richard Armitage and Rick Grimes. It's good, but it's not anywhere near AS good.

I'm just making sure it comes first and isn't some prequel.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah it is

DivisionPost posted:

Banshee is basically the love child of Road House and Cobra on steroids. Watch Banshee.

I will pimp slap anyone who says otherwise.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

State of Affairs is real bad yall.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

zoux posted:

Yup. The most recent episode confirmed it. My god, Katherine Heigl is atrocious.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Decided to watch HBO's Mildred Pierce miniseries. On episode 2 and oh my gently caress the elder daughter is the most punchable little turd child I've ever seen in anything. She is the worst in the whole world and I don't know if I can stand her.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gonz posted:

Yup. The most recent episode confirmed it. My god, Katherine Heigl is atrocious.

It really seems like she has this fantasy that she's a stellar actress and just needs that breakout role to land Emmys and acclaim.

But from absolutely everything written and printed about her, she's a complete bitch to work with, causes an endless amount of unnecessary difficulty, and she's an EP for State of Affairs so its basically "We're doing my show my way, I know how to do award winning TV".

Her filmography since 2008 is hilariously pathetic for the most part, with 3 films she exec produced that tanked like this show is currently doing, and she even begged to come back to Grey's Anatomy at one point.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Marco Polo is a good show.

The Librarians wishes it was Warehouse 13.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

pentyne posted:

It really seems like she has this fantasy that she's a stellar actress and just needs that breakout role to land Emmys and acclaim.

But from absolutely everything written and printed about her, she's a complete bitch to work with, causes an endless amount of unnecessary difficulty, and she's an EP for State of Affairs so its basically "We're doing my show my way, I know how to do award winning TV".

Her filmography since 2008 is hilariously pathetic for the most part, with 3 films she exec produced that tanked like this show is currently doing, and she even begged to come back to Grey's Anatomy at one point.

For once the American people are doing the right thing and ignoring State of Affairs. It got a 1.0 in the demo for it's third sixth episode which aired last night.

It got beat by an NCIS:LA repeat. :smugdog:

smg77 fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 24, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Episode 6 aired yesterday, best episode by a mile

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We should have a "Shows you're forced to watch over Christmas by your parents" thread.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If there's a Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas special I'll probably be forced to watch that. Other than that it'll just be decent but unremarkable sitcoms like Ground Floor and Benched.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm on episode 4 of The Fall.

It's much better than The Killing or Broadchurch.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought Broadchurch owned hard actually.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

zoux posted:

I thought Broadchurch owned hard actually.
I liked Broadchurch too, but Gracepoint soured things.

Though I imagine if The Fall got an American remake, it would have the same effect.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Gillian Anderson is already in another serial killer show that's better than The Fall

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Gillian Anderson is already in another serial killer show that's better than The Fall
Yeah but Hannibal isn't on right now.

I've been on the Hannibal train since day 1. I even talked to my therapist about it. :v:

The fall is the first thing I've seen Jamie Dornan in. I can definitely see why they cast him as Christian Grey since Christian basically has a serial killer's pathology. Still, as John Oliver says, he's #NotMyChristian

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Dec 24, 2014

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Josh Lyman posted:

Good news, season 2 is coming to Netflix in January.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
I'm really going to miss Craig Ferguson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPR5CC30qrI

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Dec 24, 2014

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

zoux posted:

I've overheard more water cooler conversation about The Flash than I have about this show.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman posted:

I've not seen The Fall but I reckon I must know everything about it anyway because the Belfast Telegraph (who are obsessed with it) seems to report on it as though it's a real life murder case.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

We should have a "Shows you're forced to watch over Christmas by your parents" thread.

My mom likes Fargo and my dad likes You're the Worst, and they're much older and less hip than your parents by far.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Season 2 of Broadchurch starts soon.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

My mom and sister love those loving house buying shows in which you watch some rich cunts buy million dollar houses and complain that there's not enough solid gold toilets on the 4th floor elevator.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

pentyne posted:

She already has an Emmy.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Season two of The Fall is just as good, if not better, than season one.

Mu Zeta posted:

It's apples and oranges you howling retard.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
If TBS is supposed to be the comedy channel, and TNT is supposed to be the drama channel, why are they both doing the Christmas Story Marathon? TNT couldn't find something else to binge through?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hannibal is a fun show while The Fall is a slog.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Well yes, it would be for you.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Oh holky fukc!?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Mu Zeta posted:

I am so pumped for Season 3, and even though I love the show, my anticipation is, like, 90% for Gillian Anderson as a series regular. :allears:

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

zoux posted:

Millions Of Holiday Travelers Return From Parents’ Homes All Caught Up On ‘The Mentalist’

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

In my case, I know it's going to be 2 1/2 Men and Big Bang Theory reruns sprinkled with various house flipping shows with a side of Diners Drive-ins and Dives. That always seems to be the case when I'm at my parents' house.

I'm bringing a Chromecast and between Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, Max Go, Starz, Encore, Showtime and my Slingbox, hopefully we'll find something else to watch this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

For me it's gonna be whatever I goddamn well please because my dad hardly watches TV, despite having like every channel on Fios.

• Locked thread