Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

BlitzBlast posted:

I love the idea that the Meijin just zooms around looking for kids who aren't having fun.

I like the idea that Lady Kawaguchi strolls around looking for kids to inspire by crushing their dreams utterly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
"Meijin strolls into a toy store to the shock and joy of the children within while really dramatic music plays" may be the best scene in this entire show.

EDIT: It's also really great how Meijin wins with the Exia's full body spin slash from the first 00 OP. While doing a title drop. :allears:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 24, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I do love Santa Meijin delivering the gift of "it's a loving game, you scrublord" to the masses.

BATTLE ME ALL YOU WANT... until the store's closing time, of course is the best line in the series.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 24, 2014

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

That was a great episode.

And yeah, I hope Fumina's development was to fight for herself instead of wishing that her team mates were there for her to help or to help her. Teamwork is great and all but if you are always relying on having someone for you to help or to help you, you end up never doing anything yourself. I want to see Fumina get the spotlight too!

It certainly looks to be. I mean, Lady certainly makes the point that Fumina's gunpla having weapons it (or Fumina) can't use itself is a major handicap if it has to fight solo, and its not as if that hasn't been a possibility even in the episodes so far. They split up for the final fight of the qualifiers, which kept half the power ups from being in play. Dead weight for Fumina, didn't help Yuu. If they're gonna compete, they need to fix that.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

BATTLE ME ALL YOU WANT... until the store's closing time, of course is the best line in the series.

Close second. He answers questions at three times the speed! is the best.

I get the feeling that the Meijin has been watching the series, and is pissed off that it's taken so long to get character development. If the writers don't do it by themselves, then the Meijin must force their hand! Three times the character development!

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Meijin's status: still the best character. :allears:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also new girls name is a slight intonation change away from being Char, her name is Shia.

Another thing, I thought the main guy in their group was going to be the Jigen Haou user but Saga doesn't refer to him as Junya (and his name isnt anywhere close to get that as a nickname. Just referring to him by his last name "Kijima" so there's another dude we dont know about about.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
In an episode full of ridiculous and amazing (:haw:) moments, I don't know why this one stood out the most for me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

3 posted:

In an episode full of ridiculous and amazing (:haw:) moments, I don't know why this one stood out the most for me.

Oh god yes, I broke up laughing so hard at that.

He's so ameijin.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Poor Sei, his best friend leaves back to his planet and now his girlfriends leaves him for a much better man.

e-Everyone mentions how the Meijin has three times the passion, three times as fast, etc but they never make the point that he's won 3 times the world tournaments as well.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 24, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Did Meijin always have a Gundam face on his collar?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

3 posted:

My god, I did not even notice that the sunglasses were still on inside the helmet. Meijin, never stop being the best :allears:.

I'm really hoping this ends up being the big "Start doing your own fighting too, idiot" moment for Fumina, which certainly seems to be the implication. Also she either fought on damage level A or got owned that badly on B/C. And Lady has dumb pants and boots. I thought they taught better fashion sense in meijin school.

At any rate it looks like the show might be starting to find itself now and maybe get back to the original's feel. I certainly hope so, at least.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Poor Sei, his best friend leaves back to his planet and now his girlfriends leaves him for a much better man.

to be fair I'd probably leave to be with anybody that touts they have 6 times the passion.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Before Try started I was a little worried about the original cast returning and taking over the show at some point.

Now, I am really hoping they do.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wouldn't mind a series with three times the Meijin, really.

I mean look at this, he appears and tells Yuuma exactly what we're all thinking and we're all super excited for his Jesus-like entrance. And his female counterpart finally tells Fumina to stop being a walking power up and fight for her goddamn self. And he's still full of hammy and awesome lines. "Let's play. Seriously, from the bottom of our hearts" is a great line that reminds us of "it's because it's a game that they can take it seriously" from the previous GBF, a super important concept this series hasn't shown all too well and Yuuma apparently never learned.

He also answers questions three times as fast. And has a badass red motorcycle. And wears sunglasses under his helmet.

Basically Meijin is the best, is what I'm trying to say.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A strong, confident woman (with horrible pants) that isn't scared of grinding children to dust to teach them a valuable lesson in toy based video games. She's such a jerk when compared to Meijin III, or maybe thats just her act.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

3 posted:

This was my favourite moment too :allears:. That said, I really don't see why they're beating up the World Tournament-level fighters like deities. Most of them didn't even have fancy particle gimmicks in BF, just a decent design and talent.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

A strong, confident woman that isn't scared of grinding children to dust to teach them a valuable lesson in toy based video games.

And is direly in need of a pants leg. Okay, here's a question; If they're all on a team, who's the third guy going to be? The Tomino?

Please, please, let it be the Tomino

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I admit the only thing that disappoints me about Lady is that she also fell to the "girls pilot SD mecha" curse. Mostly because I really really wanted to see a completely ridiculous custom Stargazer.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The MK Zero wasn't customized at all, so it's safe to assume it's not her real ride.

Also Obari got an Amazing Red Warrior for Christmas.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
At last we can agree it was a good episode and everything that needed to happen did happen.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I admit the only thing that disappoints me about Lady is that she also fell to the "girls pilot SD mecha" curse. Mostly because I really really wanted to see a completely ridiculous custom Stargazer.

I'll agree on wanting to see a ridiculous Stargazer, but the one she was using was also pretty rad and she seemed to be hitting near meijin levels of getting really into it, particularly having it cloaked beforehand. She's still going to have to step up her game if she wants to be a true meijin, though.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 24, 2014

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

ImpAtom posted:

I think if they'd had Lady in a regularly-proportioned unit they would have needed a couple story beats to establish that Fumina wasn't getting stomped because of the proportion difference. Not an insurmountable obstacle, certainly, but doing it this way (SD vs. SD) let them get to the point 3 times faster in an episode where they were already covering a lot of ground.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm a little sad no one's mentioned dogeza Sakai yet :smith:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Did Meijin always have a Gundam face on his collar?

Oh godDAMMIT now I can't not see that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Everyting about the Meijn is amazing.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pureauthor posted:

Everyting about the Meijn is amazing.

Pretty much. Hopefully things get better now that Yuuma's had the angst beat out of him and Fumina's received a lesson on the folly of being little more than a powerup for the others.

That said, is the mystery girl gonna help Sekai fix/improve the Build Burning?

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Okay, here's a question; If they're all on a team, who's the third guy going to be? The Tomino?

Please, please, let it be the Tomino

I'd wager a guess that it's Junya (unseen Jigen Haoh user) wearing a Schwartz Bruder type outfit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That said, is the mystery girl gonna help Sekai fix/improve the Build Burning?

I feel like it's pretty much inevitable. She's probably got some magic particle senses like Aila did (which would explain the 'that's a beautiful Gunpla" thing too.) They pointed out there's no way Sekai is upgrading that crap himself.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

But SD's are cooler?

Also did anyone get a screenshot of ALL ARE SHOOTING DOWN. I need it for my Mecha HUD Engrish collage.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I love how the meijin just can't stand the idea of someone giving up gunpla and will personally ensure that that kid continues on.

I hope Bandai is giving him a big paycheck.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
New girl is Wilfrid's sister, by the way.

Wilfrid is the blonde dude that plays under Allan in Gunpla Academy,

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

New girl is Wilfrid's sister, by the way.

Wilfrid is the blonde dude that plays under Allan in Gunpla Academy,

I already mentioned it, her name is Shia in the credits. Its just a tiny bit away from being Char. This show is lacking a CHAR, I hope she's the one.

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I already mentioned it, her name is Shia in the credits. Its just a tiny bit away from being Char. This show is lacking a CHAR, I hope she's the one.

What, the Kawaguchi's aren't good enough? Yeah, I know they're more like Quattro, but he was a CHAR.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I'd like to think the Meijin glasses are at this point also some sort of Google glass-esque things which always tells them where people aren't enjoying Gunpla enough.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Luminaflare posted:

I'd like to think the Meijin glasses are at this point also some sort of Google glass-esque things which always tells them where people aren't enjoying Gunpla enough.

The Meijin Glasses all have those particle-rims that Evil Meijin did last season, only now they sense the density of funpla particles in the air.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What this show is missing is more rap music.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

What this show is missing is more rap music.

Not gonna happen, they switched out the ops singer to some boy rock band and the the ending to some pop girl band.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

People are already getting early releases of the Amazing Red Warrior, but nobody's posted shots of the manual yet. :(

This episode sold me on it, so I took a closer look at what information is out. Turns out it's pretty much a mashup of all four of Meijin's previous kits. It has a "darker red armor over base red suit" layout similar to the Zaku Amazing (though the Red Warrior can purge the extra armor, maybe to reduce weight?), a modular weapon storage rack on its back like the Kampfer Amazing that can move on its own like the Hi-Nu Vrabe Amazing, and lastly beam emitters in the wrists and gunblades like the Amazing Exia. Well the gunblades are more 00's thing, but eh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Actually one thing I am disappointed about this episode.

The End looks a lot less amazing without it's stupid amazing cloak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I loved most how much Yuu wasn't getting it while Kawaguchi was just "Shut up and be awesome with me for 5 loving minutes!"

• Locked thread