Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Thronde posted:

As someone who's suffered Archeage and hasn't played this since it pretty much went F2P, is there any advice on coming back? I really enjoyed the poo poo out of the 1-2 button Sab build for pvp nuking. I'm sure that's been nerfed by now.

Nah, you can still use rapid setup -> spike charge / annihilation bomb -> carpet bombing -> annihilation bomb x3, which fits nicely into two macros.

I'd love to drag you fuckers through some raids, but from the looks of the guild roster there's only about 15 people that have logged in this week. (that and my schedule is abominable, due to being on the other side of the world)

That being said, if there was interest in doing a Friday/Saturday afternoon or evening thing where we gently caress around and just farm up old achievements, I would totally do that.

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Well, I've reinstalled and rebuild my Sab to the new 2 button hotness. Only lvl 36 right now, and poo poo-tacular gearing, but I can gently caress around in the game and see what happens.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I just blew through about 1500p to get Outfitting and Runecrafting maxed, so if you run across any recipes please shoot them my way.

e: GAH, the rune upgrade training is expensive. There goes another 400p.

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 29, 2014

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Is there server maintenance going on on Deepwood right now? I was on wave 4 of 5 of the Rock Ridge fire rift quest when the game froze. Logged out and after a couple of tries, logged back in to find myself dead and unable to soul walk to respawn.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Simayi wants to join this nonsense for some reason, you should invite him (me).

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Hey one of the Dynamos (stampurt, clampert, xandee, antaris) needs to log in and promote me (Akeenai).

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

So I just started, and I'm intent on tooling around for a few days with a rogue and warrior to compare the feel of them, but before I go getting attached to either one, is Goon Squad suffering from a lack or dearth of any specific class? I keep reading that warriors have more trouble with high-end raid content because most good groups already have dedicated tanks, and I'd hate to get awesome with a calling only to find out that I can't goon around with it.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
The guild's pretty silent these days, I don't think we've been raiding in a while. I'd be happy to work up a new group of folks from the 50+ club for old content if we had enough people, but my schedule is weird.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Shalhavet posted:

Hey one of the Dynamos (stampurt, clampert, xandee, antaris) needs to log in and promote me (Akeenai).

Done!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Omi no Kami posted:

So I just started, and I'm intent on tooling around for a few days with a rogue and warrior to compare the feel of them, but before I go getting attached to either one, is Goon Squad suffering from a lack or dearth of any specific class? I keep reading that warriors have more trouble with high-end raid content because most good groups already have dedicated tanks, and I'd hate to get awesome with a calling only to find out that I can't goon around with it.

It is a weird day in rift where warriors have trouble because tanking is the role that warriors are best at.

I'm saying that historically warriors have dominated dps as a former goon warrior scumbag who played with great fellow goon warrior and non-goon warrior scumbags. If warriors are only good for tanking now I'm blaming RoughRaptors for never learning the 61 tempest rotation. Also Ahov. In fact, just blame Ahov and Roughraptors for everything.

I miss you vandee and detective and antaris and royals and people i'm forgetting

Zoness fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 10, 2014

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
I also had fun playing as a beastmaster with an archon buddy. Not sure how well that works now though!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man how could I forget Starving the naked bahmi warrior I stacked on when I didn't know how to survive anything. :patriot:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Zoness posted:

Oh man how could I forget Starving the naked bahmi warrior I stacked on when I didn't know how to survive anything. :patriot:

I think I swapped his race and gender at some point and made Abu the naked bahmi.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else having trouble opening the game lately? DirectX is up-to-date and I tried the trick of running Steam as Admin and filling in any unvalidated files but it doesn't work. Glyph manages to update but right when it's done updating it flashes an error message (too fast for me to catch although I think it's 2016, maybe) and shuts down.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
Oh totally didn't think to bother that there would be a goon squad for rift, my main man Mewpydoo wants in!

edit: i am total idiot, apparently I am already in goon squad.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Man vs Child posted:

Oh totally didn't think to bother that there would be a goon squad for rift, my main man Mewpydoo wants in!

lol

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Man vs Child posted:

I want this to be the plot twist to a horror movie.

No John, you are the goons.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

General chat is too enjoyable in this game but also a little too easy. We all know the regular chum to stir the water. That's why I established myself as a premier camgirl aficionado. Talking about camgirls all the time is bound to lead to some heated opinions.

The main character in today's story is Ceena. She suffers from something. I don't know what it is, but she suffers from it. "She" is used loosely in this context as that is the gender the character Ceena has chosen to express themselves.

Prologue: A day or two after my professing being an appreciator of girls on cameras, a mysterious low level character appears in general chat claiming to be a cam girl whose boyfriend is okay with it, asking for public support. Clearly a fan of my work. I provided said support. Ceena, today's protagonist, also came to the defense of the "camgirl" against Grand Villain Phychotia (a solid general chat regular). After a couple of lines, this character disappeared and a grand argument in General chat ensued discussing morality and blah blah blah.

Today: Ceena, as always, is online and talking in General chat. I make a "do you ever log off" comment, at which point "she" flips the ever living Christ out. Immediately after the servers go down, hence why I don't have a grab of that moment. What I can say is, because I didn't use a "smiley", my intentions were not clear...

And that led to this travesty:

(I am Simayi, grand strategist of the Wei Empire; Ceena is now Moir, likely some pasty as gently caress elf)

Smileys: Dramatically more important than context. Also, the "butthurt" I believe was in reference to my use of the phrase "Whoa goddamn I wasn't serious", which was in response to her saying "Why are you paying attention" and "You're on as much as I am" and "It's creepy that you notice when people are online"
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/5H5Oizk.png[[/timg]
"Camgirls" is the new "LIBERALS!" :argh: Also, it was about this time I was going to simply let this go and do something else... but "she" just couldn't stop.

:supaburn:

And that's when it clicked. Ceena was the "camgirl". She used a secondary account to log in, pretend to be a camgirl, then subsequently defend her alter ego in chat on another account. Further evidence was forthcoming...

Truly Ceena, do you "understand" having to calm down a camgirl? Perhaps this hit close to home?

:derp:

Hmm.. suspicions rising...

And then Ceena was the camgirl. :bigtran:

This game is much like Star Trek Online. The real payoff is in the community.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Easy guide to General Chat:

1. Hop onto Greybriar
2. Say 2ticks

~tia

I really hope that's still a thing.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Rift general chat is weird. I have no idea if some of these people are trolling.

They are really good trolls if they are.

Definitely some bad trolls too. Lots and lots.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Zoness posted:

Easy guide to General Chat:

1. Hop onto Greybriar
2. Say 2ticks

~tia

I really hope that's still a thing.

What's 2ticks? I often find that I enjoy the stories about how Things That Piss Pubbies Off come to be more than their specific reactions. Like squawking in Mechwarrior Online. :allears:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

What happened to the goon guild?

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Failed to reach critical mass on getting numbers to raid and progress plus on the long haul some got bored of the repeating content, leading to people simply not logging in and doing something else instead.

Enwelle Anthem
Dec 1, 2013
Hi there, was trying to get back to RIFT, but i really can't stand the whole leveling part. I had a mage which is at level 53 but i don't want to play that anymore, so i decided to level a Cleric but i find questing sooo boring. What's the fastest way to level up assuming no patron/xp potions? Thanks :)

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
So i have a ton of keys, rare, epic exotic, etc. but where the gently caress are the boxes to open them?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Man vs Child posted:

So i have a ton of keys, rare, epic exotic, etc. but where the gently caress are the boxes to open them?

I have a box and no idea where to get keys. :shobon:

I don't even know what kind of box it is, and won't really be able to check until tomorrow night at the earliest. :shobon: :shobon:

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp

neogeo0823 posted:

I have a box and no idea where to get keys. :shobon:

I don't even know what kind of box it is, and won't really be able to check until tomorrow night at the earliest. :shobon: :shobon:

keys are on the AH for pretty cheap plat, but no clue where to buy boxes. i got all my keys from patron gifts

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

neogeo0823 posted:

What's 2ticks? I often find that I enjoy the stories about how Things That Piss Pubbies Off come to be more than their specific reactions. Like squawking in Mechwarrior Online. :allears:

I don't know if he still plays but for the longest time the most "tryhard" player in the game was easily Ahov. He was a cleric main but he basically considered himself the best at every class which ticked people off because Addiction (a guild he left) had multiple warriors that were way better than him in practice. He posted a rotation/spec that he claimed parsed higher by using a disconnect ability on cooldown and stopping it at immediately 2 ticks into the channel so there was an entire shitfest about specs in execution phases and official parses. In theory it was probably the best dummy spec, but there were several problems with it in execution.

Warriors on greybriar would joke about using two ticks of any ability from that point, in any spec.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

just popped by to say:

gently caress ahov

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Enwelle Anthem posted:

What's the fastest way to level up assuming no patron/xp potions? Thanks :)
It would be the fastest way even if you did have XP potions, and that would be dungeons.

At least, it's the least tedious (and it gets tedious) if you don't like the themepark.

Even doing lower-level dungeons (queuing as mentor) can be worthwhile but not nearly as good as the upper level dungeons if people are running them.

Granted, people were way overtiered when I hit 60 but the 58-59 dungeons were giving me like 20% of a level in about 10-20 min depending on HOW overtiered the group was. Which, considering I was collecting gear that'd get me ready for raids, was not terrible.

I would assume it's still the case for 60-65 except that it was purposefully designed to take more time which is dumb.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Did they ever roll back the AH fee changes so that selling artifacts is worthwhile again?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Machai posted:

just popped by to say:

gently caress ahov

As someone who mained a Cleric during vanilla, Amen.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ugh, transferring Snowflakes via mail is tedious. One character has 600some snowflakes but the other character has all the dark ice crystals.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

CuddlyZombie posted:

What happened to the goon guild?
I saw this post, and then I scrolled up and saw this post

Xexre posted:

General chat is too enjoyable in this game but also a little too easy. We all know the regular chum to stir the water. That's why I established myself as a premier camgirl aficionado. Talking about camgirls all the time is bound to lead to some heated opinions.

The main character in today's story is Ceena. She suffers from something. I don't know what it is, but she suffers from it. "She" is used loosely in this context as that is the gender the character Ceena has chosen to express themselves.

Prologue: A day or two after my professing being an appreciator of girls on cameras, a mysterious low level character appears in general chat claiming to be a cam girl whose boyfriend is okay with it, asking for public support. Clearly a fan of my work. I provided said support. Ceena, today's protagonist, also came to the defense of the "camgirl" against Grand Villain Phychotia (a solid general chat regular). After a couple of lines, this character disappeared and a grand argument in General chat ensued discussing morality and blah blah blah.

Today: Ceena, as always, is online and talking in General chat. I make a "do you ever log off" comment, at which point "she" flips the ever living Christ out. Immediately after the servers go down, hence why I don't have a grab of that moment. What I can say is, because I didn't use a "smiley", my intentions were not clear...

And that led to this travesty:

(I am Simayi, grand strategist of the Wei Empire; Ceena is now Moir, likely some pasty as gently caress elf)

Smileys: Dramatically more important than context. Also, the "butthurt" I believe was in reference to my use of the phrase "Whoa goddamn I wasn't serious", which was in response to her saying "Why are you paying attention" and "You're on as much as I am" and "It's creepy that you notice when people are online"
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/5H5Oizk.png[[/timg]
"Camgirls" is the new "LIBERALS!" :argh: Also, it was about this time I was going to simply let this go and do something else... but "she" just couldn't stop.

:supaburn:

And that's when it clicked. Ceena was the "camgirl". She used a secondary account to log in, pretend to be a camgirl, then subsequently defend her alter ego in chat on another account. Further evidence was forthcoming...

Truly Ceena, do you "understand" having to calm down a camgirl? Perhaps this hit close to home?

:derp:

Hmm.. suspicions rising...

And then Ceena was the camgirl. :bigtran:

This game is much like Star Trek Online. The real payoff is in the community.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

anthonypants posted:

I saw this post, and then I scrolled up and saw this post

The goon guild is my personal crafting leveling cache.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Akeenai ran me through GSB tonight. At level 65. This is how casual are meant to experience raids.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
If anyone wants to do RoS/DH/RotP/ID/PF I can knock those out tomorrow.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Sign me up for Drowning Halls. Mostly because it's the weekly and I'm addicted to planar exp.

In unrelated news, holy poo poo leveling becomes a slog once you hit 50. Skipped Ember Isle and went straight to Brevane. Primary leveling method seems to be to kill 16 of everything and collect a McGuffin between random classic expert dungeons.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Xexre posted:

Sign me up for Drowning Halls. Mostly because it's the weekly and I'm addicted to planar exp.

In unrelated news, holy poo poo leveling becomes a slog once you hit 50. Skipped Ember Isle and went straight to Brevane. Primary leveling method seems to be to kill 16 of everything and collect a McGuffin between random classic expert dungeons.

I believe it took about 70 hours of uninterrupted soloing to hit 60 from 50 at SL launch.

And that was before all the old content had EXP rates boosted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah it didn't help that nobody was doing dungeons and IA's were terrible for exp at that point, not sure if either of that has changed. I was planning to take a char to 65 to check things out, but I guess I'm just not going to get one of their holiday e-mails even though i am signed up for promo e-mails from Rift :mad:

• Locked thread