Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Press t?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

NextTime000 posted:

Is it wrong that the way only thing that makes me mad about this picture is the top-right corner?

Now that you've pointed it out, now I'm jealous about it too.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
So is it just me, or is Magatsu fuckin' garbage? I burned a Rare Drop 250 + Tri Boost 100 and I only got a single 10* weapon. I lost money identifying crappy low-slot 9-star weapons that nobody wants. You would think the payout would be at least a little better considering the effort you gotta put in.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 23, 2014

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

megatsu's drops are kinda garbage right now, especially considering the pity 11* you can grind stones for has the stones drop at 0-5 per run. meaning if you play with pubs that still lose, you could easily do 100 runs before even getting the trade in rares.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
So far I've gotten the satalite aim TMG, the pb generation Hammer/partisan, and at few of the fubuki weapons. The 10* shinko gavel/pristine small hammer makes am adequate bonking implement; had high natural s-atk and the first tier elemental weak hit potential.

I feel like I have been finding high-end stuff at about the same rate lately no matter how high the RDR I got. Even without any boosts at all!

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Magatsu is similar to elder in that he has some pretty good drops, but they're all really rare.

Also it probably doesn't help that he has a shitload of trash rares that have a much higher droprate. Although those shouldn't override the better ones.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
The other problem is that, right now anyway, you only get two shots at him per cycle, so even with drop rates comparable to other super raid bosses like the DFs, the actual number of drop chances is still really low. I've killed DF Elder dozens of times without getting anything higher than 9 stars, and I've never gotten an 11 or 12 star off him, so getting nothing but garbage from Magatsu is not really a big surprise.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Protocol 5 posted:

The other problem is that, right now anyway, you only get two shots at him per cycle, so even with drop rates comparable to other super raid bosses like the DFs, the actual number of drop chances is still really low. I've killed DF Elder dozens of times without getting anything higher than 9 stars, and I've never gotten an 11 or 12 star off him, so getting nothing but garbage from Magatsu is not really a big surprise.

I actually got to do three runs of Magatsu a couple days ago, and even had one run where we were able to kill him before he broke the first gate.

Although that requires having an mpa full of people who know what they're doing, and good luck with that if you're in any block other than 14 and running with pubs.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't really care about getting anything from Magatsu after finding out Sange & Yasha have an elemental stance latent while the other new 12* dual blades from Volcanic Guerrillas has Black Heart and also has like 100x the drops as S&Y.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Devour or Fire posted:

I don't really care about getting anything from Magatsu after finding out Sange & Yasha have an elemental stance latent while the other new 12* dual blades from Volcanic Guerrillas has Black Heart and also has like 100x the drops as S&Y.

welcome to the secret of pso2: the rarest items are rarely ever the strongest, if only because its near impossible to get them to 50 element. Even the 13*s wouldn't be that much more powerful unless you maxed them out.

Infact for bouncers I think the strongest set would be to just craft Zeig's units and weapons for both thier craft boost latent and bouncer's craft skill.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The strongest is 13*.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Sange and Yasha would probably be better than the black heard dual blades if only because photon blade spam regenerates pp instead of using it.

Although outside of the 13* a Fi/Bo crit build with a crafted Granfol should still be the best dual blade setup.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not going to do the Fi/Bo thing because I hate fighter and I love break stance.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Devour or Fire posted:

The strongest is 13*.

The strongest is whichever weapons I think are the coolest looking. :colbert:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've looked at the recommended Fi/Bo skill tree before and it is incredibly stupid, you rely on having limit break and crit field up and you have to cut out wise stance for points. I hate how limiting fighter is and this build in particular is like blowing up your kneecaps so you have a reason to skip leg day forever.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ancient oath is the stronger Elemental Weak Hit potential, not Elemental Stance.
Here is a DB with elemental stance boost
Here is dotaswords with Ancient Oath
The difference being that ancient oath is always active and the elemental stance booster requires elemental stance to be active to work.

Any build that needs you to only take one of Fighter's stances seems dumb to me. just take both stances instead of going limit break :shrug:
the concept of Fi/Bo is still good; you craft up fighter and bouncer weapons and boost them with craft mastery, then to overcome the crafting damage variance penalty you simply Never Stop Critting, where Fighter comes in to boost your crit damage. Limit Break and The Slayers (my next band name do not steal) are kind of an afterthought here, you can only have one stance active so someone thought to treat it like any other class with stances and only invest in one, and put the other stance's points into limit and limit accessories.

if you can pull it off then more power to ya, but as far as I am concerned; I am just going to take wise stance thank you very much.

quote:

rainbows
honestly I don't want to find a 13* because it will gently caress with whatever I was doing on that class

unless they were the jet boots then it is business as usual
and if it is the gunslash then my alts will fight over it because my main character is all about Techs and Tech-based gimmicks.*

*most tech-based gimmicks are "go sub-techer and play the class like normal except you can use good support techs. oh and use elemental weapons"

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 24, 2014

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I'm like, 90% sure I have some Lina Inverse symbol art somewhere.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Right I forgot it was actually ancient oath, I just remembered it was something that would be overall useless if you didn't have a full rainbow going.

Getting both stances with a crit build sounds almost as awful as the stupid nuke gimmick since you're now sinking 30 points for each stance because you really want the crit skill.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

NextTime000 posted:

go techer and play the class like normal except you can use good support techs. oh and use elemental weapons
Amen :madmax:

Shady3011
Oct 21, 2008

Devour or Fire posted:

I'm not going to do the Fi/Bo thing because I hate fighter and I love break stance.

Good luck getting that Niren Orochi then.

As for Fi/Bo, the reason people run that build is that no other class combo can out DPS it when it comes to bosses. On top of that, it has decent mobbing damage compared to burst damage builds which are absolute trash outside of that huge burst damage. It's not for everyone as it is costly to have a rainbow set of good dual blades which you will need to make the most of elemental stance. Add to that the crafting to make them usable by Fi and it adds up quick.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Fi/Bo gets the edge thanks to Craft Mastery, but any weapon with the Critical Damage boost potential could be a good idea to craft over to Fighter as well:
Partisan
Twin Dagger* no crafting required! also lets you use megiverse from any class!
Gunslash technically no crafting needed here either!
Katana
We all already know about Gran Fol
Twin Machinegun Zero Range Critical gives 50% crit chance for 5 skill points. until ep3 it had been buried deep under skills nobody really wanted. Be the Fi/Gu.

* this is a magatsu 12* drop. good loving luck

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I got a lightning espada and this is loving bullshit, I don't want any more 12*s.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Share. I haven't gotten anything exclusive from Ult or XH except that lame Diabo partisan. v:v:v

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I don't think I like the new Operation Point system in es for emergency quests.

I noticed it handed me over some sort of Operation-Point related item in the mail, are those free recharges? I think I remember I used 2 during the last EQ there, one manually from the AC shop and one from the context menu that opens when you try to enter an EQ without enough OP. I seem to only be down 100 AC instead of the 200 I should be down; I would assume I used one of the recharges I got, but only if I did it from the context menu and clicked on the button that had the AC symbol on it.

I suppose I wouldn't mind this OP system too much if that is how it works. but I think I am going to have to be more selective in who I invite to help out in my EQs; making sure I invite anyone I know for certain can take down large chunks of boss HP or outright kill them after the damage I deal.

aka anyone I know that has a 7-10* Justice Crow chip because that poo poo is bonkers in es (I got one on two characters and I can easily kill level 50-60 enemies as like a level 20-30 of whatever class I am on)

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Why in the hell PSO2es works with my isp while the website and main game dont? I thought they were in the same servers.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
they are not on the same servers. I don't think anyone has lost access to es after the DDoS attack; good thing that didn't happen, that would have made it all a lot harder to force our cash onto Sega :shepspends:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

NextTime000 posted:

they are not on the same servers. I don't think anyone has lost access to es after the DDoS attack; good thing that didn't happen, that would have made it all a lot harder to force our cash onto Sega :shepspends:

Great, one more question: Can I feed my mag via es?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

nerdz posted:

Great, one more question: Can I feed my mag via es?

Yup you can feed multiple mags via es.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I checked the free partner menu for the first time in months and nothing shows up. Is this a glitch or did they change something?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I checked the free partner menu for the first time in months and nothing shows up. Is this a glitch or did they change something?

I think they made it blank a couple months ago because they said it was causing stress on the servers which was causing lag for players.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Am I supposed to be seeing a Falz Angel at level 9? Because that was bullshit.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

Am I supposed to be seeing a Falz Angel at level 9? Because that was bullshit.

Falz Angel should be able to appear in any free explore quest, though he should be scaled for the difficulty. Although yeah if you're alone he can be pretty hard.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Yes. Depending on the area you're going to (I think, both Hunar and Angel show up in all areas probably). Those are generally extremely rare spawns to begin with.

In terms of Nova, it looks like they're still adding new content since the newest patch for it adds in new side stories and NPC. A noir Cast Detective named Sunshout and a noblewoman Newearl with a duct tape bra Newearl named Garnet.

I also really hope that they do a Tri-Ace collab and actually bring over the costumes from Nova. And the Riela costume from VC 3.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That cast suit/trench coat is indeed awesome.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
the head on it's own kinda has a Grey Fox thing going on

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

There's a bunch of cool crossover stuff that they could do but we'll never see because of no profit margin owing to lack of angles to perve on scantily clad and/or underage space elf chicks.

Also, in case you are not aware, I would like to bring to everyone's attention that there are a pair of weapons in the new black XH base defense set called Brute Negro and Illegal Negro, because fuckin lol.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Protocol 5 posted:

Also, in case you are not aware, I would like to bring to everyone's attention that there are a pair of weapons in the new black XH base defense set called Brute Negro and Illegal Negro, because fuckin lol.

Furthermore, Hebrew Punisher

e: Or, really I guess it's nice that Hebrew Punisher has a friend now is what I meant to say.

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Dec 29, 2014

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

I have a tricked out Hebrew Punisher, mainly because of the name. I think it's actually supposed to be hebel from German, but that's no fun.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
mind you, the item translation patch is literally just whatever is on cirnopedia alongside whatever hair-brained description AIDA thinks up if they even bother with that.

but maybe someday that will change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

That's nice.

• Locked thread