Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Radio Paranoia posted:

It's a little thing, but the reason George annoyed the hell out of me was because his subtitles didn't match his thick, thick patois. If there was that consistency, he would have been a far less grating character.

It's funny, because in my opinion his subtitles make him amazing.

That, and yer hot fo days, yeah?
(I also find you attractive)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I thought that was a smart way of translating his verbal speech, but I'm a bit biased because 8-4 also did Fire Emblem which did great localization changes and adjustments as well.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Glad Liam shares my views on Link Between World in regards to dungeons.

Other side though man Liam still images is a bummer, hearing him talk in circles isn't helping much either.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The talk on the podcast about game manuals reminded me of how I liked to read the character bios in the Final Fantasy 7 manual as a kid. They told you the characters blood type!

Also I can never hate George just because of that dumb ninja rap joke he made.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Radio Paranoia posted:

It's a little thing, but the reason George annoyed the hell out of me was because his subtitles didn't match his thick, thick patois. If there was that consistency, he would have been a far less grating character.

:thejoke:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I love how quickly Liam being John Cena became part of the lore.

It helps that The Time Is Now is a legitimately hype song.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Why do I get the feeling Bayonetta 2 will lose to whatever other game when it comes to GOTY 2014 lists solely due to Loki?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Loki's alright as far as lovely kids characters go.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

You're literally the only person who noticed that. It was a conscious-effort to do so, because no game is perfect.

So thanks. :)

Nah, I caught onto it as well. That was the best part of your video. I highly enjoy objective, analytical videos on games and not that typical "WELP THIS GAME HAS A LOT OF BUGS AND HAS NO REPLAY VALUE 9.5/10" IGN-esque "journalism" bullshit and am messing around with doing analytical videos myself.

Pat's intro was great in that "Pat" sort of way (if that makes any sense), and as others have said, his mellow analysis of each game was very well done. Woolie's Snatcher-themed video combined with the Quad City DJs Tables Turnover remix (I had to immediately add that to my Favorites list), his rap, and his little Revengeance montage was awesome too. I didn't get to watch Liam's yet.

So yeah; something to like about every video!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

beep by grandpa posted:

The Zaibatsu has nothing on SA's hatred of kid characters. There's a 100+ page TW101 thread in LP and pretty much every other post is an entire paragraph of nonsense about why Luka (6) is an unredeemable blemish on society.

I remember in some thread in Games goons got genuinely angry with me when I said I didn't really feel an urge to murder the kids in Fallout games. Not that I liked them, just that I didn't care that I couldn't outright kill them and therefore didn't really "get" the essence of the game. :what:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Worst/most overrated games of 2013 for the final video, maybe?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I enjoyed Liam's top ten. I think all of them have been good in their own way, with each one showing a distinctly personal style.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
It's Foodz & Doodz,
With Liam and Matt!
No games or boobs,
It's Foodz & Doodz!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Even though the LP for 2 went on forever, I really would love to see an LP of Woolie taking on Dark Souls 1 just for his reaction. :unsmigghh:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
any future dark souls adventures have to be three or more people.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

it'll be cool to get some non dark souls videos, it's been done to death 5 times over. Please no more dark souls! Inevitably there will be bloodborne and it will just never loving end

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Look at you, look at you and your wrong face. Look at it.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Indecisive posted:

it'll be cool to get some non dark souls videos, it's been done to death 5 times over. Please no more dark souls! Inevitably there will be bloodborne and it will just never loving end

It's not like they released only Dark Souls videos and nothing else. Just don't watch them? It's not hard.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There are certain days where they couldn't upload a second video so it was only Dark Souls and the eternal constant for the past few months has been Dark Souls. It's not an unreasonable complain to say it being cool to see Pat and Woolie together on something that isn't loving Dark Souls will be welcoming.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Why do I get the feeling Bayonetta 2 will lose to whatever other game when it comes to GOTY 2014 lists solely due to Loki?

Loki would be fine to me if it wasn't for him running two steps ahead of you and shrieking HURRY UP HURRY UP COME ON BAYONETTA HURRY UP HURRY UP. If you run past him? SLOW DOWN SLOW DOWN COME BACK SLOW DOWN WAIT UP. etc

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Beef Waifu posted:

There are certain days where they couldn't upload a second video so it was only Dark Souls and the eternal constant for the past few months has been Dark Souls. It's not an unreasonable complain to say it being cool to see Pat and Woolie together on something that isn't loving Dark Souls will be welcoming.

I don't really care for the fighting game stuff and there are some days when that's all there is but I don't expect them to give that up.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's once a week and no it's not. Dark Souls is a recurring lp that has gone on for MONTHS and he didn't ask for them to give it up, you dork. He said he was excited to see stuff that isn't dark souls populating the channel consistently for secondary videos.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Loki would be fine to me if it wasn't for him running two steps ahead of you and shrieking HURRY UP HURRY UP COME ON BAYONETTA HURRY UP HURRY UP. If you run past him? SLOW DOWN SLOW DOWN COME BACK SLOW DOWN WAIT UP. etc

I have not had that happen. Sometimes he might say "hurry up" repeatedly, but once I pass him he'll say "hey slow down" once and that's that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I have not had that happen. Sometimes he might say "hurry up" repeatedly, but once I pass him he'll say "hey slow down" once and that's that.

The slow down thing happens all the time with me when I'm trying to explore/find things, then on repeated playthroughs I'm constantly yelled at for running ahead and the game sometimes just stops me to not leave him behind (the stairs in one chapter for example, after loki "drowns" etc.)

Also will say Liam disliking the gamepad in W101 is bonkers. He's the first and only one I've ever seen say they didn't like it.

Edit: I'm wondering how good freedom wars actually is honestly. When it came out only thing I heard was "it's broken complete poo poo" but Liam seems to adore it. Then again Liam does like practically everything it seems.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Freedom Wars is alright. If you want a hunting game that cuts a lot of the bullshit of hunting games and gives a nice amount of maneuverability to everything it's cool, but the first like two hours or so is really drat slow and tedious and as all hunting games go you will want to be playing with friends.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

you will want to be playing with friends.

but it's a vita game

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Way too much fighting regular dudes in Freedom Wars which is super lame and clunky. The big robot hunts aren't that great either. Also everything outside of missions is so insanely tedious that it makes Monster Hunter's infamously slow start look blazing fast by comparison.

e: basically wait for God Eater 2 to come out in English gently caress that just buy mh4u when it comes out

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 24, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh right, I forgot about the regular dudes. Yeah they loving suck.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

TheRealestMatt posted:

It's Foodz & Doodz,
With Liam and Matt!
No games or boobs,
It's Foodz & Doodz!

Top 10 Cereals? I'm taking my bet on top 10 cereals.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dexie posted:

Worst/most overrated games of 2013 for the final video, maybe?

I know it's already made, but if it isn't this, for next year, I would love a Zaibatsu Bottom 10 for the most loathed/infamous games of the year.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That Darklurker fight was incredible.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That was 3 or 4 perfect conclusions in a row.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If they do another dark souls lp I will probably cut my head off with a chainsaw.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I hope they do nothing but Souls games until the end of time, then.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I hope in the DS1 LP someone teaches Woolie how to parry and double drink estus and basically all the very simple basics that make the game good and fun.

He didn't even start backstabbing until the 3rd DLC! Pat teaching some bad habits.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

He was told how to double-drink back in the Iron King section. Parrying would be much more Woolie's poo poo if he's going to continue being shieldless (which is kinda bad because Shield is like 100% more useful in DS1 than 2).

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I hope they immediately just start playing DS2 all over again.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Foods & Doods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn8IwtryHcc

Oh Liam, I can't stay mad at you

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Shields are for babies and cosplayers, that's why Bloodborne's getting rid of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Shields are for babies and cosplayers, that's why Bloodborne's getting rid of them.

Isn't cosplaying like 90% of what people do in the souls games?