Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Some guy not named Terry Crews is offically Luke Cage in AKA Jessica Jones.

Only really noteworthy bit is this snippet from Marvel's official press release.

quote:

Colter is currently starring in the PlayStation Network’s original series “Halo: Nightfall” as Jameson Locke. He has appeared in a number of critically-acclaimed television series, including “The Good Wife” and “American Horror Story: Coven.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waterhaul posted:

Some guy not named Terry Crews is offically Luke Cage in AKA Jessica Jones.

Only really noteworthy bit is this snippet from Marvel's official press release.

Terry Crews is probably too busy being hilarious in Brooklyn Nine Nine.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Playstation Network has a Halo tv series?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I had never heard of it either, and it looks like it's just 5 episodes.

edit: ah

redbackground fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 22, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Lurdiak posted:

I feel like it was one of those big announcements made at one of the E3s or something like that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Does the Nintendo Network have a Little Big Planet cartoon?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Does the Nintendo Network have a Little Big Planet cartoon?

OH they fixed the article. Xbox has the series. I kind of forgot MS owns HALO. And I confused it with the upcoming PSN exclusive series.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah that was the bit I noticed. Never be surprised with how terrible Marvel's site is.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah that was the bit I noticed. Never be surprised with how terrible Marvel's site is.

Yeah, but you can't hate on annihil.us.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

He is GREAT on TGW, so this really excites me.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I finished my watch of the first season of Arrow. The best worst show, it was so cheesy and soap opera-esque and I ate it all up. The Huntress episodes were easily the worst, and just as easily my favorites.

Tommy :smith:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Grabbed Injustice for my Ps4, and I was surprised Amell was the voice of Green Arrow. That's fantastic.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Yeah, that other costume is super sweet. Hope the next game gives us Manu Deathstroke and Grant Flash.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Grabbed Injustice for my Ps4, and I was surprised Amell was the voice of Green Arrow. That's fantastic.

The only problem is that its the old no mask costume.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
New interview with the Daredevil showrunner. And Jeph Loeb's there too, I guess.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/29/daredevil/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this? posted:

The only problem is that its the old no mask costume.

Probably designed it before the mask was on the show, still, pretty cool that they have him voicing Green Arrow through the whole game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Probably designed it before the mask was on the show, still, pretty cool that they have him voicing Green Arrow through the whole game.

I don't think they do? I think he only voices the alternate Arrow free DLC costume.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah he only voices GA if you pick the Arrow costume for fights, not in the story mode.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Lurdiak posted:

Is it the web series from a while back that follows some recruits in training as a Covenant force invades the planet they're on or whatever? I remember thinking that it had some pretty good production values for what it was when I watched it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

WarLocke posted:

Is it the web series from a while back that follows some recruits in training as a Covenant force invades the planet they're on or whatever? I remember thinking that it had some pretty good production values for what it was when I watched it.

And apparently Ridley Scott is involved in some way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Error 404 posted:

And apparently Ridley Scott is involved in some way.

There are two different shows, Forward Unto Dawn was the web series and is done, while the other one that Ridley Scott is somehow involved with is Halo: Nightfall. I believe you can only watch Nightfall if you have an Xbox in some capacity. Not sure if it has to be an Xbone or just a 360.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeah he only voices GA if you pick the Arrow costume for fights, not in the story mode.

Not on the Story mode? drat! I only played that and though how lame his performance was!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I want to say the normal Green Arrow VA is the VA from the Justice League cartoon. If it isn't, they sure sound similar.

I thought Amell sounded like he was phoning in his lines for the DLC, personally.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

I want to say the normal Green Arrow VA is the VA from the Justice League cartoon. If it isn't, they sure sound similar.

No, but he did voice him in Young Justice. (:barf:)

quote:

I thought Amell sounded like he was phoning in his lines for the DLC, personally.

Well that's pretty accurate to his performance in the tv show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Well that's pretty accurate to his performance in the tv show.

Oh, yeah, being one of the only actors to be in nearly every scene, let alone every episode, the lynchpin of most of the melodrama, and the one that has to sell a lot of the absurd comic book dialogue and managing all of that pretty drat well while working 12 hour days and keeping in the kind of shape he does, while doing a lot of his own stuntwork. Guy's just coasting. :jerkbag:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, yeah, being one of the only actors to be in nearly every scene, let alone every episode, the lynchpin of most of the melodrama, and the one that has to sell a lot of the absurd comic book dialogue and managing all of that pretty drat well while working 12 hour days and keeping in the kind of shape he does, while doing a lot of his own stuntwork. Guy's just coasting. :jerkbag:

You seem pretty mad that I find his performance boring and lifeless.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Just cos the dude isn't the best V/O doesn't mean he's just phoning it in.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Waterhaul posted:

Just cos the dude isn't the best V/O doesn't mean he's just phoning it in.

Basically, this is what bugged me more. I actually think he's not great in the game either (though not writing lines more aimed at his performance was dumb also). But he sure as hell doesn't phone it in on the show. Hell, it'd take a LOT to describe anyone in the lead role on a network TV show as doing that. I think, say, Kristen Kreuk is an awful actress, but she's not lazy.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Lurdiak posted:

Young Justice was pretty good.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I think it actually takes a fair bit of talent to be capable of "phoning it in", which implies that you aren't trying that hard in the first place. Plenty of bad actors are clearly giving it their all and simply coming up short; now Spader in The Blacklist, that's phoning it in.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

Young Justice was pretty good.

Oh it's ON NOW, motherfucker.

no but I'm not gonna do the bi-monthly "YJ was good/bad" showdown

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

McSpanky posted:

I think it actually takes a fair bit of talent to be capable of "phoning it in", which implies that you aren't trying that hard in the first place. Plenty of bad actors are clearly giving it their all and simply coming up short; now Spader in The Blacklist, that's phoning it in.

Oh my god, I wanted to like that show so much, but Spader acting circles around everyone while obviously not giving a poo poo was the worst god damned thing. I'd have probably stopped watching it anyways even if he brought his A game because he was literally the only interesting part of it to begin with.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Lurdiak posted:

I really did think he was doing great doing the first two seasons, but I think his recent performance has been one of many things weighing this season of Arrow down. I realized it when he was doing one of his Facebook Q&A things, and someone asked "What was the most challenging scene in the Flash two-part crossover?" and his answer was "Hmm, uhh.... I guess I can't really think of anything, nope there was nothing that I really had to put any special effort into." Kind of says it all.

Afterwards I started looking for it's pretty obvious just how often he just stands there without any emotion at all these days. Other actors are doing scenes with him, trying to emote off him, and he just stands there like a blank wall and kind of puts a wet blanket over everything. Like, watch Roy's confession scenes with him and you may see what I mean.

I'd imagine it's probably not even his fault, but the director's. He's so new, I don't think he can do the heavy lifting to support the scene all by himself like say Barrowman probably can. It makes me wonder if Flash is siphoning resources - like directors - away from the Arrow team. Does anyone know, off-hand?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

XboxPants posted:

I really did think he was doing great doing the first two seasons, but I think his recent performance has been one of many things weighing this season of Arrow down. I realized it when he was doing one of his Facebook Q&A things, and someone asked "What was the most challenging scene in the Flash two-part crossover?" and his answer was "Hmm, uhh.... I guess I can't really think of anything, nope there was nothing that I really had to put any special effort into." Kind of says it all.

Afterwards I started looking for it's pretty obvious just how often he just stands there without any emotion at all these days. Other actors are doing scenes with him, trying to emote off him, and he just stands there like a blank wall and kind of puts a wet blanket over everything. Like, watch Roy's confession scenes with him and you may see what I mean.

I'd imagine it's probably not even his fault, but the director's. He's so new, I don't think he can do the heavy lifting to support the scene all by himself like say Barrowman probably can. It makes me wonder if Flash is siphoning resources - like directors - away from the Arrow team. Does anyone know, off-hand?

Off hand I know they mentioned the stunt team was the same. I'd imagine other crew, when possible would probably be the same. They probably have a rotation, since shooting episodes of even a single series might have some overlap. With two on a low budget, it is probably insane.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Both shows are filmed in Vancouver. I like to imagine the highly fake idea that someone from the crew just crosses the road from the Arrow shooting to the Flash shooting.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

XboxPants posted:

He may have simply had the wind knocked out of his sails with the news that the DC movie universe wouldn't overlap with the TV stuff. I know he was gunning for it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Sun is reporting that Gemma Atkinson auditioned for CBS's Supergirl role. I doubt she'll get it because of, you know, the huge fake tits.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Or y'know because it's The Sun reporting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also she's not really an actress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

zoux posted:

the huge fake tits.

Loooks like Power Girl is being brought to TV!