Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

Check out the dwarven instinct aura haul I got from doing the loom! (Trisk loot included)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
needs more slayer task loot

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Swicky posted:

Like i said to Joachim ingame, i could do that but it takes up more time, and i like to be lazy

Think of things in terms of not just effort, but in terms of effort to reward ratio. Carrying high alch runes takes two inventory slots, is not much effort, and gives you a steady source of income that will , as shown by goon science when people bank ALL of their slayer loot, add up to tens of millions of gold over the course of your slayer career. It's also a little extra magic xp, which never hurts.

Also, you want to level all your combat styles reasonably evenly imo, so you're never stuck with a task that's weak to the style you're terrible at.

Also also if you make use of your bank presets to load up on your gear, food, pots, high alch runes, and whatever else you need (charm imp, herbicide, and bone crusher are all ridiculously good) then you'll take out most of the effort of high alching while you slayer. And you can :smug: when pubs are too dumb to alch their drops and literally hand you cash money by leaving poo poo on the ground.

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 23, 2014

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Magres posted:

Also, you want to level all your combat styles reasonably evenly imo, so you're never stuck with a task that's weak to the style you're terrible at.

For newer players, I disagree. I've had good results picking one style (maaaaaagic) and sticking with it up until 70 or 80. Now that I'm branching out into the other ones it's easy because
a) I've been funneling quest xp and slayer tower bonuses into my off-styles, so I skipped a lot of low level grinding
b) My defense and health are at a level with my main style
c) My prayer is high enough to use Augury/Chivalry/Rigor (Knight Waves miniquest owns)

Rolling over the low level slayer jobs with a bad style wasn't too rough, especially with all the combat levels I got from aggressive dunging. And now I'm at 60 ranged with all of 3 hours spent using a bow.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'll give you that magic is totally the best combat style because it's the only one that comes with actual utility, but I still wouldn't let the others lag too far behind because they're all super useful. I will definitely say that if you're gonna specialize in one style, make it magic.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Magres posted:

Think of things in terms of not just effort, but in terms of effort to reward ratio. Carrying high alch runes takes two inventory slots, is not much effort, and gives you a steady source of income that will , as shown by goon science when people bank ALL of their slayer loot, add up to tens of millions of gold over the course of your slayer career. It's also a little extra magic xp, which never hurts.

Also also if you make use of your bank presets to load up on your gear, food, pots, high alch runes, and whatever else you need (charm imp, herbicide, and bone crusher are all ridiculously good) then you'll take out most of the effort of high alching while you slayer. And you can :smug: when pubs are too dumb to alch their drops and literally hand you cash money by leaving poo poo on the ground.

one place this seems to happen a lot at is abyssal demons because people can't be bothered to bring a gem bag to pick up all the gems so they give you like 300-400k in free gems

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Magres posted:

I alch using an explorers ring and alchemist ammy instead

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
I only found out about the gem bag and the herbicide things earlier today when i went to buy my prayer necklace and i had JUST enough to get them both, so happy.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Just a normal day at the Hefin poles.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Terces posted:

Just a normal day at the Hefin poles.

He's ahead of the competition

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Squark, give me slayer loot squark

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Swicky posted:

He's ahead of the competition

:catstare:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

If you thought my laptop's ui was bad, wait till you see my desktop

joachim783
May 9, 2013
here is my UI

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Swicky fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 25, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Check out my sweet runescape layout

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Nintendo Kid posted:

Check out my sweet runescape layout

Jesus pixel titty christ

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

That's pretty cool

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

It's what I had when I was doing non-stop dungeoneering and it just stuck

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

He seems like a nice fellow.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Dang, what resolution is that? You make me want bigger monitors

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
I assume there's no need to repost my UI, which is definitely the best one. :smugbert:

Happy Christmas Evening Goonscape! Here is some screenies galore as a gift.

First off, Plague Inc crossover:

See? Proof that my puns are Good.

Alternate universe ending.

Meanwhile, a dystopian vision of Runescape:

Pretty sure this dude got posted before, or at least that examine text has been.

Alternate goon clan??

LOL. Yeah right!!

:poopsock:

Ugh no.

:wink:?

:stare:

:ducksiren:

runescapecommunity.png

Runescape love

Endy's examine text x2

I love rainbows

Well Swick...
Also, that Godsword Shard 3 drop I got for killing a minion on the first round

Oh look, another Crystal impling. :)

And this time I remembered to examine it.

Another Magroer caught in the act. This bot/pubbie has been standing here for hours now.

Jesus Christ why.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Happy Christmas Christmas! The super duper highly anticipated Nerdmates Part II is here. What adventures are in store this time?! More to come with more goons after this.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
T He. Jorts is the best name

E: oh my god the sexy face

Kari that was amazing

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Dec 25, 2014

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Themata posted:

Happy Christmas Christmas! The super duper highly anticipated Nerdmates Part II is here. What adventures are in store this time?! More to come with more goons after this.

Thanks. It's a great Christmas gift. :)

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

Alternate universe ending.

Canon ending :colbert:

Merry Christmas and a happy New Years, I hope Jagex will give you something good in your daily Treasure Hunter key and don’t forget that members get two daily spins instead of one - along with all the other amazing content that membership brings!
I got a lucky armadyl godsword, cashout 3,5m

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Merry Christmas goons. May your day be happy, your cheetos be tasty, and your posting not as bad as it usually is.

:shobon:

vvv e: See everyone, this is an example of a Bad Post. Don't be this nerd. vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 25, 2014

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Merry Christmas goons. May your day be happy, your cheetos be tasty, and my posting not as bad as it usually is.

:shobon:

Fixed that for you! Merry Christmas Goonscape!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Here's my real layout when I'm not using a phone to remote in over cell data:

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
Merry christmas goonscape, for secret santa I owe flex one (1) death in the lever room.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Magres posted:

Dang, what resolution is that? You make me want bigger monitors

1920x1080, the only resolution

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Swicky posted:

1920x1080, the only resolution

Really? I run 1920x1080 on my desktop and don't feel like I have as much RS screen real estate as you. Huh :shrug:

Also, Jagex should implement being able to import/export UI settings. I'd love to be able to swap setups with people

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

Here's my real layout when I'm not using a phone to remote in over cell data:

Please use [timg][/timg] tags.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

joachim783 posted:

Please use [timg][/timg] tags.

No. No dimension is over 1200 pixels.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

No. No dimension is over 1200 pixels.

some of us are poor and only have a laptop. :argh:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

joachim783 posted:

some of us are poor and only have a laptop. :argh:

So do I dude. I don't have a desktop or even an external monitor, just my 2011 laptop with a 1080p display.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It's not hard to paste an image then edit the img tags to timg. I even do it on my phone when I post stuff.

Honestly SA should probably default to timg, it's a way better tag

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Magres posted:

Honestly SA should probably default to timg, it's a way better tag
"^"
This would be incredibly useful.

:captainpop:

Runeberg Machine was good to me today.

A divine impling for Christmas!

Context: Some pubbie tried to crash me at KBD while I was using up a leftover dose. The 'nah' was supposed to be him out-dpsing me and stealing my kill. The 'human being' was his brave parting shot after failing to do so and immediately lobbying. Insert unironic 'Reported' here.

Also some very terrifying animal and pizza abuse inflicted by cruel and nasty monster, Swicky:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Themata posted:

Context: Some pubbie tried to crash me at KBD while I was using up a leftover dose. The 'nah' was supposed to be him out-dpsing me and stealing my kill. The 'human being' was his brave parting shot after failing to do so and immediately lobbying. Insert unironic 'Reported' here.

"The Pious"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM9OfgdBBRY
:eng99:

More Goonscape/Sims 2 adventures ahead! This time, it's :siren:Pizza Lady Goes Outside:siren:! More new goons, and a few returnees!