Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kazr
Jan 28, 2005

merry CHiMsmas n'wahs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Mortimer posted:

describe it for someone who will never listen to it

morrowinds dungeons are just copy paste. they're like from a construction set and they're all the same. you can see where the same setpieces are clumsily reused. all the quests are go here and pick this up or go kill a guy. he is really mad about fast travel. when im grinding out endless fetch quests i'd like to be able to travel quicker or just be given more interesting objectives. etc.

i think he only did main quest/mage guild content and never explored.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
lol, what did they say about skyrim?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Skyrims fast travel system is p much perfect imo. Maybe change it so you can only travel to major cities and landmarks within a certain distance

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

confession time: i've literally never finished the main quest of any elder scrolls game ever

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Fister Roboto posted:

confession time: i've literally never finished the main quest of any elder scrolls game ever

WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHAT ARE YOU DOING? FOOL! STOP!

you really need to force yourself to kill dagoth ur someday though

don't wanna work, just wanna bang on my drum, parumpapumpum

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 25, 2014

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

nah he seems like a cool dude

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Robot Randy posted:

Skyrims fast travel system is p much perfect imo. Maybe change it so you can only travel to major cities and landmarks within a certain distance

You'd probably just do a bunch of short hops and just have a slightly more tedious version of the same thing

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

chaos rhames posted:

You'd probably just do a bunch of short hops and just have a slightly more tedious version of the same thing

A bunch of short hops is the Morrowind way to get anywhere all of the time.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like jumping up hills and mountains and ramps because you land quickly enough that you can jump again real fast and it makes a nice satisfying THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP sound

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The North Tower posted:

A bunch of short hops is the Morrowind way to get anywhere all of the time.

i guess everyone's real complaint with skyrim is that instead of replacing the broken rear end poo poo like jumps that take you half way across the map or whatever with cool poo poo that lets you do that without potion gimmicks, they just took it out straight up

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SunAndSpring posted:

I like jumping up hills and mountains and ramps because you land quickly enough that you can jump again real fast and it makes a nice satisfying THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP sound

This is why I always end up with a really high acrobatics skill even if I didn't mean to go for it.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
What did everyone get for CHIMsmas?

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
An amulet of arkay from etsy.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Should've asked for the akatosh.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got a bowl of glass and scrap metal. It was delicious.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'
I got a cute little steel dagger :3:

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Good gifts, guys. I got a stocking full of scrib jelly and a limeware platter.

Uncle Vivec told me he has a spear for me :ohdear:

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
I got a copy of Oblivion. gently caress you, Santa.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

The North Tower posted:

I got a copy of Oblivion. gently caress you, Santa.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

:ohdear: Poor Superman

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Well finally picked up Morrowind and did the whole sound and graphics overhaul thing. Only problem is, I still CTD frequently. I probably did something wrong on my end. I'm enjoying it so far though!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

rocket_man38 posted:

Well finally picked up Morrowind and did the whole sound and graphics overhaul thing. Only problem is, I still CTD frequently. I probably did something wrong on my end. I'm enjoying it so far though!

The game works fine if you just don't do the thing you just did. Think about it.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Bolverkur posted:

The game works fine if you just don't do the thing you just did. Think about it.

Got it working now! Just killed some dudes in a cave near the silt strider and now I'm at Balmora looking for jobs.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

rocket_man38 posted:

this is infinitely depressing

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

bonzibuddy64 posted:

this is infinitely depressing

who cares what others do

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
gently caress off

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Any one else here remember the cult classic game morrowind, my favorite character was vivec the dark elf who lives inside the swamp town of hla oad. Heres a screenshot i took of him (Im running Packys Better Worldfeel v3.2)

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

bonzibuddy64 posted:

gently caress off

I reiterate: who cares

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
why isnt this thread just in games. did you know they wont ban you for posting in lowercase in games anymore

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

bonzibuddy64 posted:

why isnt this thread just in games. did you know they wont ban you for posting in lowercase in games anymore

Great. I'm sure you'll fit right in.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
im being serious, i think most of the posters here would fit right in with the mod megapack authors and people who think you need to download 6 gigs of someones custom models for the game to be playable in any capacity. probably because they're the exact same posters

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

bonzibuddy64 posted:

im being serious, i think most of the posters here would fit right in with the mod megapack authors and people who think you need to download 6 gigs of someones custom models for the game to be playable in any capacity. probably because they're the exact same posters

this thread's been in the impzone since it was demonius darkblade's retrogaming dungeon. it should not leave.

I agree entirely with you on modding Morrowind though, chocolate pack is about as far as you need to take it.

I kinda wish the xbox version's controller UI was usable on PC

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
If that's what they wanna do, it's what they wanna do. I can't be bothered to care about it. I can advise against it because I feel that changing certain things may cause shifts in the tone and mood of the game, but I really do not mind overly much if they update Balmora's textures or some poo poo because it's their game in the end and I support whatever makes their experience feel better to them personally.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I feel the same way, buddy.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

I feel the same way, buddy.

I can't feel anything since I've been drinking since 5 PM and I don't plan on stopping just yet.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I personally, hate it when people are on mods.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if you wanna install the halo battle rifle and play as a predator it's fine but if you wanna experience morrowind you should try to keep it simple so you can enjoy the original thing minus any really lovely UI things

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

if you wanna install the halo battle rifle and play as a predator it's fine but if you wanna experience morrowind you should try to keep it simple so you can enjoy the original thing minus any really lovely UI things

I mean my rule of thumb personally is to always play a game with nothing but patches both official and unofficial installed and nothing else, beat it, and then get to installing mods. I mean, if you really need graphics mods or some poo poo because your virgin eyes can't handle pre-2008 textures, whatever, but don't overdue it, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
im using the code patch and the mod that lets you run morrowind at higher res and thats it. don't change the art direction, ok? ok.

• Locked thread