Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
for real, i'm so glad i didn't get sick. everyone in my house did, and i just started my new job last week. would have been miserable going back to work after a hiatus sick as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
say that to my face not online punk ill sneeze on ur f*kken eyeballs

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

say that to my face not online punk ill sneeze on ur f*kken eyeballs

bitch i got an immune system of iron and the willpower to work my way through a flu

Bring it.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh hey a generic marriage this might be a laugh

hhhnnnggg
The greatest thing about him talking about dostoyevsky is that all of dostoyevsky protagonists are dysfunctional shut-in goons and if you look at the books in that context they become comedies (otherwise they're hit-or-miss books with how they drag on). CoC is like the protagonist from Notes from the Underground, an antisocial shut-in who makes a big deal about a specific mundane social event that happened years ago, who talks at length to some girl they came across about the goodness of marriage despite knowing nothing about it and pursues them in a scary fashion, babbles on about spite, puts everything down into an incoherent manifesto, and bemoans how they are not fit for this world because they have spent too much time in the realm of the beautiful and sublime

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 25, 2014

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I spent 4 years living in a fraternity. I'd survive the black death.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I got a flu shot a few months ago :shobon:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Enjoying the ethyl mercury poisoning?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i'm going to admit that i don't like the idiot at all because you could honestly cut the last two thirds out and still get the 'jesus wouldn't survive in our hosed up world' message

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

My Imaginary GF posted:

bitch i got an immune system of iron and the willpower to work my way through a flu

Bring it.

I am not sure if you know how science works.

I an trapped in the suburbs now where the 4G is poor and the internet is shaky. A testament to the deterioration of life in the recession for those not in urban cores.

Also jack in the box franchises apparently has a thing out here called the double grilled cheese double cheese burger.

Feel like I just ate in chicago

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

I am not sure if you know how science works.

I an trapped in the suburbs now where the 4G is poor and the internet is shaky. A testament to the deterioration of life in the recession for those not in urban cores.

Also jack in the box franchises apparently has a thing out here called the double grilled cheese double cheese burger.

Feel like I just ate in chicago

jack in the box is p much selling directly to the stoner market these days

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

did y'all miss the commercials they made a few years ago with the clearly stoned dude, it's not like they're hiding it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yes but they now have menu items explicitly designed to prey upon the weaknesses of the pothead market

would you like a mixture of regular and curly fries, for which you will pay more than an order of either one? of course you would because its 3 am and youre ~*hiiigher than a motherfucker*~

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
What does egg nog go best with? Baileys and egg nog is pretty drat good.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Jack in the box is definitely catering to the stoner demographic. 2 am on Sunday morning. Fuuuuuck egg rolls sound so good

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
i guess stoners are the only people who'll forgive mass poisoning

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Volkerball posted:

Jack in the box is definitely catering to the stoner demographic.

I don't see anything wrong with this honestly. At least their commercials are more creative than Carl's Jr. and their "Sexy woman. Hamburger. Buy our poo poo!" ads.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nintendo Kid posted:

i guess stoners are the only people who'll forgive mass poisoning

Taco bell ain't going out of business any time soon.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

StandardVC10 posted:

I don't see anything wrong with this honestly. At least their commercials are more creative than Carl's Jr. and their "Sexy woman. Hamburger. Buy our poo poo!" ads.

Jack and the Box always seemed to always have to most grab bag menu possible, tacos, egg rolls, hamburgers, whatever the hell you want. They needed to figure something out I guess.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Drunk assholes too I guess.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I would not be surprised in the slightest if taco bell's sales went up after it was revealed their meat was like 1/3 sand

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Well I've heard that the biggest strain so far this flu season is a mutation they didn't plan for, so the flu shot might not be as effective this year. Remember to frequently and thoroughly wash your hands.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Well I've heard that the biggest strain so far this flu season is a mutation they didn't plan for, so the flu shot might not be as effective this year. Remember to frequently and thoroughly wash your hands.

Oh no it's 5% more chance to get it.

Get your flu shots if you can.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

188 posts in the broken person religion thread since I last checked

Ya'll need some Jesus in your life, seriously.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

DemeaninDemon posted:

Oh no it's 5% more chance to get it.

Get your flu shots if you can.

I never said not to get a flu shot, just to remember to be vigilant about hygiene. Many people neglect proper hand washing protocol. It's great at keeping the seasonal sniffles at bay and it's a useful habit when it comes to avoiding cross contamination while cooking.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Merry Christmas goons, I worked today and I work tomorrow but I'm hanging out with some friends at a bar and feel the ~spirit~ of the holiday. Hope everyone's day is nice :)

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

188 posts in the broken person religion thread since I last checked

mexican sipping tequila jesus or american grapejuice jesus

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
thank god, made it through christmas eve without my Very Serious dad talking about politics

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I never said not to get a flu shot, just to remember to be vigilant about hygiene. Many people neglect proper hand washing protocol. It's great at keeping the seasonal sniffles at bay and it's a useful habit when it comes to avoiding cross contamination while cooking.

Sorry I'm always on the prowl for people that go "...well the flu vaccine doesn't work anyway!"

This be some excellent advice your typical goon may need.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
it works alright... at giving you autism...

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Given how something ridiculous, like one in four people used to die of diseases that we now prevent with vaccines, isn't autism preferable? Like we have a bunch of people that avoid eye contact and post pictures of train stations, isn't that infinitely better than streets piled high with cholera victims?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Given how something ridiculous, like one in four people used to die of diseases that we now prevent with vaccines, isn't autism preferable? Like we have a bunch of people that avoid eye contact and post pictures of train stations, isn't that infinitely better than streets piled high with cholera victims?

its loving small particulate matter, not loving vaccines goddamn loving hippies

Go protest coal and organize in favor of nuclear subsidization, while not living close to areas of high aerosol generation and deployment from agricultural activities

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i started my hpv series in october. i never have sex with women but i wanted to get it just to stick it to the vaccine denialists

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Badger of Basra posted:

i started my hpv series in october. i never have sex with women but i wanted to get it just to stick it to the vaccine denialists

You might end up having sex with a bisexual. You are doing good. :)

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
twas the nighr before hristmad

n all thru the house

naught a drop of scotch left

said the sadfaced faust

Merry holidays, and a happy new year. Santa came with cookies; I don't think very many will survive to be given to reindeer tomorroe morning

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Berke Negri posted:

Well, I have some Good News for you today!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

merry christmas, chat thread. i'm on a train to my parents' house to eat some delicious foods. good.

also happy other holidays

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Anchor on First Look on MSNBC right now talking about The Interview, "Should movie goers be worried about NK threats or should they go see it to show that we won't be bullied?"

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

My Imaginary GF posted:

twas the nighr before hristmad

n all thru the house

naught a drop of scotch left

said the sadfaced faust

Merry holidays, and a happy new year. Santa came with cookies; I don't think very many will survive to be given to reindeer tomorroe morning

:) "sadfaced Faust" owns have a good Hanukkah man

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

frail goons with bitchmade immune systems itt

Technically, we all have bitchmade immune systems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Merry secular Xmas, chat thread :)

And also happy whichever other winter holiday to all of you as applicable!

• Locked thread