Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Anyone got any Icon bonuses left? After the next fight in the dungeon, I'll give you guys a full heal-up and ask you to roll again, so if you got anything you want to cash in, feel free to tell me.

Oh, and I'll be giving out incremental advances too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Oh, wasn't this only the second fight? Did the thing with the guards early on count as an encounter?

Also, my only 5 or 6 was with the Ashlanders and that got taken care of so I'm good for icon rolls.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
I had a 6 and a 5 with the Fighters Guild. I think we have have used one of those, not sure if we used both.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Mine got used at the beginning of the session.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Am I holding everyone up? :ohdear:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
I don't think so; just been busy. I'm gonna examine the key in a second if that helps.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I assume you guys are ready to get on with the dungeon crawl and leave that room? I'll make a post tomorrow after I get done with an exam in the afternoon. Sorry for any delays.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Apparently I accidentally dropped this thread from my bookmarks and completely forgot about it. Super sorry, guys.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug

SunAndSpring posted:

Apparently I accidentally dropped this thread from my bookmarks and completely forgot about it. Super sorry, guys.

It's cool. Had the same thing happen to the 13th Age thread.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Did you just hit on a Daedra :psyduck:, Whycalibur?

And you rolled a loving natural 20 too :psyboom:

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Khajiit thinks he will be needing to make a certain orc some burn salve in the near future. :quagmire:

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

Did you just hit on a Daedra :psyduck:, Whycalibur?

And you rolled a loving natural 20 too :psyboom:

What else am I going to do with a natural 20 in that situation? A flame atronach could be a useful ally, and Tombak is... open-minded.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
I CANNOT wait to see what you do with this.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Mission accomplished.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
I'm almost disappointed. I had fire shield and a snappy response ready.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Are we really going to let the Daedra blow up the tomb when we're done with it? That seems excessive.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
It's good. No way the Hlaalu will know we were there if the Atronach destroys everything. And I don't want to be the one who tells her 'no'.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
We could just kill her. There's several of us and one of her. And it'd get us some of those sweet fire salts.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Choices and consequences, y'all. Silver weapons work just as well on Daedra as they do on ghosts, so if you want to get your murder on, you got the tools.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Personally, I could get behind a combination approach. Get stuff, let her burn everything forever to erase the evidence of a break-in, Murder + Fire Salts.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
I'd like to get her help with all the traps and such first, at least. She may know about some sweet hidden treasures, too.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I need to figure out how to make maps. Combat gets a little hectic without them. Anyone know any good programs for making them?

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
http://davesmapper.com/
http://donjon.bin.sh/

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I'm gonna be busy till late tonight so if you want to speed stuff up someone can roll initiative for me. Sucks if I roll high though.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Looks like the Seeker got updated at some point. Unfortunately, I didn't save the old version so I guess I'm gonna update Zairan to this new version.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
As a heads-up, my semester finals are approaching, so my posting will be slowing down. I'm guessing some of you are in the same situation.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Would you mind if I changed Digs around a bit once we've got our full-heal? It would just be replacing Metallic Protector with Arcane Heritage (seems more useful and maybe makes more sense for my character) and maybe moving some stats around so I can have 14 Cha and overall be more useful in combat.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I'm done with finals, are we waiting for me to post or for SunAndSpring to?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Flame112 posted:

I'm done with finals, are we waiting for me to post or for SunAndSpring to?

I can make a quick post later on tonight. I'm done with all the difficult finals I had, and the last one I got is gonna be a cakewalk. Sorry for the wait!

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

No worries, we can handle the wait. Finals are more important than elfgames (...mostly). :)

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Well I finally rolled less than one less than max damage on a hit. :v:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Merry Crit-mas to us all.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

If I use an attack that requires me to be able to deal me sneak attack damage when I hit in order to use the power, do I get to add the sneak attack damage to the damage dealt, or is that just for basic melee attacks?

Asking for the Sure Cut power, if that helps.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Punting posted:

If I use an attack that requires me to be able to deal me sneak attack damage when I hit in order to use the power, do I get to add the sneak attack damage to the damage dealt, or is that just for basic melee attacks?

Asking for the Sure Cut power, if that helps.

Judging from the text that says if you miss, you still do Sneak Attack damage, it makes me think that you don't get the Sneak Attack damage added on if you land the hit, but you still retain the Sneak Attack damage. So really Sure Cut is more for making sure you do at least some damage rather than dealing a poo poo ton of damage to begin with.

Of course, I'm on Percocets as I'm typing this right now so don't take any of this at face value. This day would be so much worse if it wasn't for them. Getting wisdom teeth pulled blows :(

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 29, 2014

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

quote:

Once per round when you make a rogue melee weapon attack against an enemy engaged with one or more of your allies, you can deal +1d4 damage if your attack hits.

So, any of your rogue attacks, including Sure Cut, should do Sneak Attack damage on a hit (assuming the engaged-with-an-ally prereq is met). Sure Cut is the only attack that also does Sneak Attack damage when it misses.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Flame112 posted:

So, any of your rogue attacks, including Sure Cut, should do Sneak Attack damage on a hit (assuming the engaged-with-an-ally prereq is met). Sure Cut is the only attack that also does Sneak Attack damage when it misses.

I guess that makes sense, just wanted to confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Just to clarify: Guerilla Tactics works with spells too, right?

• Locked thread