Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MasterSlowPoke posted:

His name is Bear Bearbear?

Three Bear Moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I told him to mount it on a bigger bear to run as Canis Wolfborn (who he is obviously parodying), he likes how bad the name is.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 25, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JerryLee posted:

You probably know this, but I'm certain someone (I think Scibor?) makes notmarine bear cavalry.
I've seen them, but they're way too big and way too expensive for my uses. I also want to do a counts-as Marine Centurion squad to run with them as tesla troopers. In other words:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

SRM posted:

I've seen them, but they're way too big and way too expensive for my uses. I also want to do a counts-as Marine Centurion squad to run with them as tesla troopers. In other words:

I was sure there was another, cheaper option that I'd heard of so I kept looking, and behold!

http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39&products_id=337
http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39&products_id=338

Dunno about the proportions but they're cheaper at least, and arguably more IG-looking.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Ursus Bearbjorn

e: damnit, joke was made in the earlier post

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I dig the Ramshackle bear, I just wish there were more poses. Part of me wants to be a GW purist about it like I am about so many things, but the only GW bear model that's ever existed to my knowledge was a mount for a Kislev character, and naturally would be obscenely expensive.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oh, bjorn/borne, duh.

There was a unit mascot bear a few years ago.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

ZachAttack posted:

Does anyone have a dreadnought RIGHT powerfist arm they would be willing to part with? It could be from any kit really, normal, ironclad, furioso (bloodfist/talon), space wolves (wolffist?) I could give you money or trade some bits.

Where are you? I have one. PM me.

Also merry Christmas 40k goons.

JackMack fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 25, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

SRM posted:

I just wish GW made plastic bears so I could make my Valhallan bear cavalry counts-as Ogryn after all these years.

Cut out the middleman and just give the bears oversized PPShs.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Merry Christmas all! I already received my present as I've been on holiday so wouldn't have been home to pick it up - 3 heavy mortars and 3 Thudd guns with extra Kreig crew :toot:

Assembled and painted some of them, looking forward to raining death upon the enemies of the Emperor extremely soon!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pierzak posted:

Cut out the middleman and just give the bears oversized PPShs.
The idea was to mount heavy bolters on their backs as counts-as ripper guns. Now that there's plastic ripper guns I would probably just use those instead.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just finished an 1850 game of Dark Eldar (me) vs Tyranids (Spacegoat).
Things learned;
Crones are bitches to remove when they have regen;
Tyrants go down in a hail of sharp needles and lasers;
Two Talos with Ichor Injectors can churn through any amount of Carnifexes and;
Torrents on open-topped transports are loving filthy - gently caress you Tyranofex! :argh:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hollismason posted:

Helllooooo, Daemon Prince!

Its the same size as nagash. Bit big for a demon prince!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

AbusePuppy posted:

ftfy

Seriously, when was the last time an army on foot that didn't move 12" was anything but complete dogshit? I guess 4th edition if you count Chaos Daemons, but they did Deep Strike shenanigans anyways so it practically doesn't count. Before that... 2nd edition, I guess? Ugh.
Hang on, Tyranids were great in 5th! Granted that doesn't really count because Genestealers could charge out of outflank and Hormagaunts had a threat range of 17-24". I miss 5th ed :smith:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

AbusePuppy posted:

Seriously, when was the last time an army on foot that didn't move 12" was anything but complete dogshit?

I dunno about you, but I'd be pretty scared to face down a pure admech army with about 10 scoring obsec T7 monstrous creatures plowing their way towards me.

Who are also BS5 and shoot 48"

Slimnoid posted:

They're not robot dogs is the thing.

If they WERE, or like thunderwolves, then gently caress yeah that'd be so silly it's awesome. But they're not. So it's relegated to stupid.

Aren't they literally space wulf marines that go insane and then turn into dogs, which are then strapped to the front of a hover sled 'just cause'?

Very homoerotic

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 25, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The dog sled is the most classically 40k thing they've released in years. People who don't get it don't get 40k.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

£15 in vouchers for reinforcements, hooray! Will have to debate what I can get for that these days... Possibly two pots of paint

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
£15 will get you a single HQ dude, OR a very small squad of about 5 guys, or maybe a single bike.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Merry Christmas, 40k thread! :toot:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Merry Christmas, 40k thread! :toot:

Merry ORKMAS!!!

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Dec 25, 2014

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Kharn's Butcherhorde

Kharn
4 units of chaos space marines
4 units of khorne bezerkers
all units must take mark of khorne

all get adamantium will

on a 8 to charge double attacks on proifile

on a 6 to hit get another attack, if thats a 6 it generates another attack still

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Kharn's Butcherhorde

Kharn
4 units of chaos space marines
4 units of khorne bezerkers
all units must take mark of khorne

all get adamantium will

on a 8 to charge double attacks on proifile

on a 6 to hit get another attack, if thats a 6 it generates another attack still

Is that a real thing? In the current ruleset it's not even broken it's just really cool.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I thought it was 3 units of each, not 4. But yeah, that's a really cool formation.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

That's how formations should be. Seriously fun, without being autotake overpowered. Double attacks though? gently caress me.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Probably 4 each because the sacred number 8, etc.

Any size restrictions on those units? I'm imagining a horde of footslogging 5-man squads and it's... funny? A hassle to swat them all away? Sure as hell not putting them in rhinos.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
Is that only on an 8 on charge distance, or 8 or more? I'm guessing the former, but hoping the latter.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

AbusePuppy posted:

Is that only on an 8 on charge distance, or 8 or more? I'm guessing the former, but hoping the latter.

Looks like it's 8 exactly.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

That's pretty cool. I'm hoping in the next codex that the Numbers bonus will return. As it loving should be. Some cool dataslates or formations where you have to take them in the same number but they get cool abilities that'd be awesome.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
I've been out of 40k proper for a while, how are the Tau doing?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Tau are fine.

How many Riptides can I bring before I'm an rear end in a top hat? In a FE list.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

That's pretty cool. I'm hoping in the next codex that the Numbers bonus will return. As it loving should be. Some cool dataslates or formations where you have to take them in the same number but they get cool abilities that'd be awesome.

As a slaanesh player, gently caress you.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

What the sacred number is 6 that's not terrible. If it was a formation that was like 6 units of 6 that's 36.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Slaanesh sacred number should be 69

haeuaheuaheuaheuaheuaheuaheu!!

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
Units of 6 are poo poo if you want to put anything in rhinos vOv

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

NORTH-HALL posted:

Units of 6 are poo poo if you want to put anything in rhinos vOv

Yeah, but you can rock Razorba-

Oh.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

raverrn posted:

Yeah, but you can rock Razorba-

Oh.

If only any Space Marines had defected during the 10,000 years since the Horus Heresy, they might have brought some Razorbacks with them :smith:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Just got Space Hulk for Christmas from my mother in law. Does this mean I need to collect a full Blood Angels army now?

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
No, you could do Lamenters or Flesh Tearers

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
You could also probably do Blood Ravens and then run whatever marine dex takes your fancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Hollismason posted:

When I didn't play CSM, I though the sacred numbers were cool. Now that I do play CSM, you and the sacred numbers can go straight to hell. :v:

• Locked thread