Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
red19fire
May 26, 2010

On this day in 2006, I EAS'd. They promoted me to Sergeant at thanksgiving, too :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Had a Sergeant who was forced out at 12 or 13 years. He appealed and appealed it and did whatever else you could and was pretty much your textbook Marine. Great dude though. Applied for warrant officer but after applying found out he'd find out if he was accepted after he EAS'd. Combat instructor, Iraq a couple times, security forces, etc etc. He was NJP'd twice early in his career. (Great for story time) I think he was on watch and a drunk boot was mouthing off to him and he threw him out the barracks 2nd floor window or some poo poo because the boot said he didn't have the balls. Then everyone tried to cover for him and he got in more trouble.

He picked up staff sergeant on terminal leave, had already moved, and said gently caress it. He's gonna get 100% VA anyways

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I'm so glad that Dakota Meyer is here to provide an uneducated veteran's view on domestic issues

http://youtu.be/A2RIn2PirHE

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Deathy McDeath posted:

I'm so glad that Dakota Meyer is here to provide an uneducated veteran's view on domestic issues

http://youtu.be/A2RIn2PirHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PbdyJ_ybSI

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
good job marines

also "direct reflection on leadership" hahahahaha

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Holy poo poo this is really bad.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Goddamn, muscles are required, intelligence not expected lol

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Sounds like they're going to start phasing out Navy Corpsmen in favor of having Marines this next year for ~reasons~

Field day every two weeks instead of every week though, that's nice

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You didn't by chance get that info from the troll Marine Corps Time fb page did you?

The link I had is dead they must have gotten it taken down :(

This was the link

https://www.facebook.com/TheMarineCorpsTimes

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Christoff posted:

You didn't by chance get that info from the troll Marine Corps Time fb page did you?

The link I had is dead they must have gotten it taken down :(

This was the link

https://www.facebook.com/TheMarineCorpsTimes

I only follow the actual MC Times fb page because I'm a motivator like that, and I saw an article there. Can't find it now though, so that's weird. Maybe the article was rescinded for having bad sources or something.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah that was a troll page

With all the huge barracks changes you really think they'd go to field day every 2 weeks? Lol

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Wasn't field day limited to once a month a few years back, with general clean up being every friday?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Bolow posted:

Wasn't field day limited to once a month a few years back, with general clean up being every friday?

No. As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, field days will happen every week.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Just air wing things I guess

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Goddamn you guys are loving retarded.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Thump! posted:

Goddamn you guys are loving retarded.

This is the Marine thread.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Do you really want more stories about dudes loving food because I have more stories about t-rat mashed potatoes.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bolow posted:

Just air wing things I guess

I think I did maybe a dozen field days in my 3 years with 4th MAW. and maybe half of them were done as an NCO so I really just shammed my way in to running inventory and inspecting reservists' lovely work, like using a cloth with Brasso on it to clean the loving windows or someone literally trying to wax the vinyl seats on the XO's golf cart with turtle wax after I told him not to use armor-all in it

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
i was once ordered to sweep sand off of sandbags in front of the CO and smaj's tents at CAX

i think that was the day my brain was forever broken by the corps

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Color coordinated rocks and shined them with brasso :shrug:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

You know what was great about CAX? Dirt floors in the quonset huts. Also great, pissing on the dirt floor. Even better, recently promoted corporal loudmouthed bitch idiot pissing into his own boots because he's a drunk idiot. They had to canc that once dudes started pissing on each other though...

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Steezo posted:

Dirt floors in the quonset huts.

:confused:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Yeah, they moved all of the sand out of the Quonset huts sometime before 2012.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Steezo posted:

You know what was great about CAX? Dirt floors in the quonset huts. Also great, pissing on the dirt floor. Even better, recently promoted corporal loudmouthed bitch idiot pissing into his own boots because he's a drunk idiot. They had to canc that once dudes started pissing on each other though...

I used to have to do dumb poo poo like clean the inside of the A Frames and later quonset huts during CAX as a boot. It wasn't that bad though because I'd make 20 or 30 dollars in change from raking them each time I had to do it.

ChauchetRedemption
Sep 11, 2001

Were not accustomed to occupying defensive positions. Its destructive to morale.

Deathy McDeath posted:

Why are you still in? You're a huge dummy.

I am not a smart man. Case and point: I'm heading to Lejeune next week for a 4 month course.

at least I'll get to do UBC while I'm there.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Nice to know there's something else my generation ruined for everyone else. See also getting hammered in baghdad during, after and before patrol... drunk I mean, other kind came later

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

seeing this gave me a flashback to the great teabagging rampage of aught seven

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

Hekk posted:

I used to have to do dumb poo poo like clean the inside of the A Frames and later quonset huts during CAX as a boot. It wasn't that bad though because I'd make 20 or 30 dollars in change from raking them each time I had to do it.

That kind of money went a long way in 1968

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
I'm on duty and some Vietnam vet keeps calling in and wanting to tell me about the corps and his time in recon :airquote: and he wants me to yell at his son for him for not calling him on Christmas.

I just got a call from another squadron and he's now bitching at them about his son :confused:

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

some boot just proposed to his slut girlfriend on live TV, in his dress blue obviously.

lmfbo the jokes write themselves

e: she said yes obvi, the bitch smelled them bennies from miles away.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

There's not one dude I know that's still in that isn't married or engaged

Barracks life sucks

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Stay in forever

Happy new year space faggots

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

god bless you retards still in

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Reverand maynard posted:

god bless you retards still in

Peacetime Marine Corps Best time Marine Corps! Rah?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

I hope his First Sergeant doesn't catch him on the beach with that thing :ohdear:

ChauchetRedemption
Sep 11, 2001

Were not accustomed to occupying defensive positions. Its destructive to morale.
Holy poo poo is Lejeune worse than what I remember it. fuuuck this place

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Magnum1371 posted:

Holy poo poo is Lejeune worse than what I remember it. fuuuck this place

The sad thing is that coastal North Carolina would actually be a pretty decent place to live if it were nowhere near Jacksonville. Whoever did the city planning there needs to be drug into the street and ran over by the 100,000 people that have to use Western Ave because it was a great idea to put every single loving store on one strip that gets more traffic than Las Vegas Blvd.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Hekk posted:

The sad thing is that coastal North Carolina would actually be a pretty decent place to live if it were nowhere near Jacksonville. Whoever did the city planning there needs to be drug into the street and ran over by the 100,000 people that have to use Western Ave because it was a great idea to put every single loving store on one strip that gets more traffic than Las Vegas Blvd.

I wish the speed limit on 17 were 70 the entire stretch, it'd almost make living in Wilmington feasible

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Hekk posted:

the city planner thought SKY-CARS would have been around 20 yrs ago. imagine the chaos of drunken marines in SKY-CARS. IMAGINE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

tuluk posted:

the city planner thought SKY-CARS would have been around 20 yrs ago. imagine the chaos of drunken marines in SKY-CARS. IMAGINE.

9/11 would be just a regular, everyday occurrence.

• Locked thread