Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I am so confused :psyduck:

Picked this up again after not playing for a year or so and.. are there no more mods/cards/whatever? Also got the intro mission then was dumped in the ship with all my old skill and gear, and evidently I need to re-buy the bow.

Is the plasma sword any good still? I seem to be missing a bunch of weapons I faintly recall-were they just removed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ptp
Aug 27, 2010

ullerrm posted:

How many Formorians have spawned? I have 6/15 at the moment, and I thought I had done every one that spawned, but people are talking in clan chat about having 7/15 and even 8/15.

There's been 7. One guy got double credit through some sort of bug. You probably missed the very first one (as did I), but apparently there's like 2 weeks of this stuff left so you should have no trouble hitting 15.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Naturally Selected posted:

Picked this up again after not playing for a year or so and.. are there no more mods/cards/whatever? Also got the intro mission then was dumped in the ship with all my old skill and gear, and evidently I need to re-buy the bow.

Is the plasma sword any good still? I seem to be missing a bunch of weapons I faintly recall-were they just removed?

There are several weapons which are no longer obtainable, but they weren't removed from inventories. Plasma sword was never good.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Skill mods don't exist any more; you unlock/upgrade skills as your frame levels up. You have 8 mod slots instead of 10 to compensate. The intro mission doesn't let you keep your stuff if you're an old player apparently (I wouldn't know, I started after it became a thing).

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
That's exactly right; if you have an account that was created before the tutorial quest was added, you didn't get to keep the stuff you got, but MK-1 stuff is cheap as hell on the market anyway, just tens of thousands of credits altogether.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Welcome back. Weapons were not removed.

Please recognize that two types of mods will be dropping for you until you complete the tutorial portion: damaged and undamaged.

Undamaged mods are the ones you were using previously.

Damaged mods have lower drain values, lower rank caps, lower stats, and require less cores to max out. They are, in effect, starter versions of what you've already got. You can safely just fuse these into other mods and never use them.

Power cards, though, those have been removed. You now have two extra blank slots to put stuff into, and all your powers, all the time.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Thanks for the replies-starting to get things sorted piece by piece.

Sorry I'm being retarded here, but I got a new issue: There's things I have and have recorded progress with, but they're showing up as not owned (heat dagger, Cronus, Latron, etc). Do they re-unlock after tutorial, or am I just stuck re-building them?

E: The ship interface and the earth tile-sets are bitchin' as hell.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 24, 2014

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Thanks for the replies-starting to get things sorted piece by piece.

Sorry I'm being retarded here, but I got a new issue: There's things I have and have recorded progress with, but they're showing up as not owned (heat dagger, Cronus, Latron, etc). Do they re-unlock after tutorial, or am I just stuck re-building them?

E: The ship interface and the earth tile-sets are bitchin' as hell.

There's limited inventory (expandable through platinum). You probably leveled them then sold them to make room for something else.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

ptp posted:

There's been 7. One guy got double credit through some sort of bug. You probably missed the very first one (as did I), but apparently there's like 2 weeks of this stuff left so you should have no trouble hitting 15.

Also, the fomorian missions that get completed successfully (as in the overall mission hits 0.0%) will come back around again for you to do them again.

The Mercury relay mission appeared a second time and I was able to get it after missing it the first time.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Well, there goes the Eris relay. There was no Christmas miracle for it. That makes it, what, two of them that got blown up?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Male Man posted:

There's limited inventory (expandable through platinum). You probably leveled them then sold them to make room for something else.

Not that it matters, really. The bow and throwing knives are the best thing ever. Excal with those is actually :coal: as all hell. Why didn't I get back to this earlier.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Not that it matters, really. The bow and throwing knives are the best thing ever. Excal with those is actually :coal: as all hell. Why didn't I get back to this earlier.

Because Star Citizen has been hilarious to watch and Warframe is basically in a constant state of beta?

Seriously though, Excalibur seems to be... well. Pretty good now.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Because Star Citizen has been hilarious to watch and Warframe is basically in a constant state of beta?

Seriously though, Excalibur seems to be... well. Pretty good now.

Keeping in mind that I'm rocking a lvl30 frame and running the tutorial/campaign missions, it's amazing. Stealth kills with bow/kunai, then just dash everywhere like a madman. I'm guessing that once I get somewhere close to actually properly-leveled enemies though, I'm gonna get rear end-stomped.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Excalibur makes a pretty good nuker if you build for it. Max efficiency and range and just spam Radial Javelin like there's no tomorrow.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Serious Frolicking posted:

Yeah, that is entirely your own fault. You could have asked or checked the trader.
The trader didn't accept BPs when they released him first, and I checked. And who the hell was I supposed to ask when the trader sticks around for only two days anyway to begin with when the time could have been better off just building the parts? There were like two hotfixes and then they added the blueprint trade-ins.

Something's amiss when a mechanic like this requires you to have to ask the forums, and nobody in clan chat I remember mentioned that the BPs not being convertible was a bug until that hotfix showed up. Nobody stopped me exactly either when I said in clan chat I was building prime parts in anticipation of the void trader days beforehand either.

ptp posted:

You probably missed the very first one (as did I), but apparently there's like 2 weeks of this stuff left so you should have no trouble hitting 15.
If there's only one fomorian a day like I saw before, you'll kind of get screwed I'd imagine. But the event has been going from the 19th and it's the 24th, so the expectation is something like 23-ish fomorians total, so you can miss maybe a total of 7 before you'll be unable to get to 15.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

vOv posted:

Excalibur makes a pretty good nuker if you build for it. Max efficiency and range and just spam Radial Javelin like there's no tomorrow.

Plus, he has a power strength hat.

Edit: Here is an idea. Don't craft your entire inventory of prime parts based on absolutely nothing. You could have, oh, I don't know, made one item to test it first? But no, you seem to have been so utterly convinced that your idea was correct that you made everything you could all at once. I'm pretty sure that there is a clause in the EULA somewhere that releases DE from responsibility for you being incredibly goddamn dumb.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 25, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Look I had the same issue as you and I'm not whining. Just suck it up, it's only credits and sensors.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Right, so I'll ask here, anyone got a Soma Prime Stock they'd like to sell? I'd prefer to hook a goon up over some filthy pubbie.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
This stock has such a blatant disgustingly low drop rate. They're really cocksuckers about trying to nudge players to prime access.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
This has been the case with literally every Prime set, including before Prime Access even existed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Whales keep the game free for everyone else.

Is the soma prime a huge upgrade on the boltor p? Or is it more of a sidegrade?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

That magazine brah. It's like so huge.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Whales keep the game free for everyone else.

I'm still waiting for a whale skin for the Liset. And I think its more of a side-grade. The Synoid Gammacor is the new kid on the block tho.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Kyte posted:

This has been the case with literally every Prime set, including before Prime Access even existed.
They've been pushing it harder than I've ever seen this season, but I didn't play a year ago. It's certainly not an accident so many major content updates have been dropping with so little time between. It's simply my estimation that this is more content dumping than November/December last year as their asset infrastructure has grown a lot in the meantime.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

TheRationalRedditor posted:

They've been pushing it harder than I've ever seen this season, but I didn't play a year ago. It's certainly not an accident so many major content updates have been dropping with so little time between. It's simply my estimation that this is more content dumping than November/December last year as their asset infrastructure has grown a lot in the meantime.

I assume that has more to do with their cash injection from the chicken deal than any particularly nefarious reasons.
Nothing will be as bad as that time they got caught with sub-1% drop chances, anyways.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Frost prime BP had a 0.5%chance to drop from T3 exterminate. 4 months it took me to get it.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Sandweed posted:

Frost prime BP had a 0.5%chance to drop from T3 exterminate. 4 months it took me to get it.
Oh, so they're really just continuing the proud legacy of T3 Exterminate infuriating everyone. Now it all comes into focus.

Hyper Low droprates for new thing are to be expected, but the really kick in the nards is how difficult it is to get specific T3 keys on purpose at this stage of the game. It's a pretty dismal array of options.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The extreme rarity is keeping the Prime plat price almost as high as DE's price for the base frame/weapon. I wonder if they'll make that the default, with anything tradeable being extremely rare to keep the tradechat price competitive with the DE store price.

edit:

Summon-build Nekros is viable for t4d. Bombards bring real damage to the table, Nullifiers are massive shields that don't really go down ever, and corrupted healers will revive downed Tenno.

Bring a non-crit gun with a poo poo ton of dps though, cuz you have to kill these valuable mobs before your teammates do and nullifier shields don't take crit damage. Torid's actually a good choice since nullifiers eat damage if the aoe even touches their shield, and they're are easily the most important mob to revive.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 25, 2014

Buffered
Jan 31, 2001
Forum Veteran

Denzine posted:

edit:

Summon-build Nekros is viable for t4d. Bombards bring real damage to the table, Nullifiers are massive shields that don't really go down ever, and corrupted healers will revive downed Tenno.

Bring a non-crit gun with a poo poo ton of dps though, cuz you have to kill these valuable mobs before your teammates do and nullifier shields don't take crit damage. Torid's actually a good choice since nullifiers eat damage if the aoe even touches their shield, and they're are easily the most important mob to revive.
This is what it will look like:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Understand that if you can't get nullifiers (because your teammates kill them first), and you are relying on nekros at all, you are hosed.

2 failed runs to 20 because I couldn't get any good mobs(plus one because vor was making GBS threads 0's at us). a tragedy.

Warkak
Dec 21, 2010

Cheesefoot-
Don't kink shame
Check your inboxes for a lovely Lotus Santa gift.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Oh thank God, it's not another reactor!

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Didn't get dick. At least it's not another reactor!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I haven't had much luck in game so I'll try asking here. I need Overextended and Fleeting Expertise and am willing to pay, trade and maybe perform various sexual favors for them. Or just do vault runs but it's hard to find people for those too. Getting those two mods would help me immensely; same name in game as here.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I bought a FE,maxed, for 20 plat from a pubbie.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
It is officially Goon Recommended to have 2 copies of both FE and Streamline, one of each maxed and one reach one rank short of max. That way you can do either just FE or Streamline as needed, or max efficiency (75%) with even numbered mod cost in two slots. The two slot 75% setup is ideal for many of the good Mesa, Nyx, and other frame builds.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You also avoid the last pip of fleetings -duration pip.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Though i guess when primed streamline comes out you'll want rank 9/10 streamline and rank 2/5 fleeting

barring power efficiency helmets

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Terbulus posted:

Though i guess when primed streamline comes out you'll want rank 9/10 streamline and rank 2/5 fleeting

barring power efficiency helmets

You need 10/10 PS and 1/5 FE to hit efficiency cap with minimal (20%) duration loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Does anyone have a Boar Prime Barrel? Need it for Steel Meridian rep and have been asking around for a couple days with zero luck.
I've got a bunch of prime stuff I could trade, probably nothing worth much though.