Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Powercrazy posted:

The butthurt is real.

You don't understand man, its incredibly important that they spend money accusing you supporting Nazi's! If they didn't spend money on it, how would anyone know that they were right and that you are in fact, a Nazi supporter.

:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
You know what other hyperviolent game came from Polish folks?

Bulletstorm.

Has anyone looked into the facebook like history of People Can Fly?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
See, exactly that kind of violence should have ensured Poland stay in the Soviet block.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

The Snark posted:

Bulletstorm.

dislikes: gay muslim jews, not being a filthy drunk

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Snark posted:

Did they wait for you to replace the other fantastically stupid forced avatar before giving you that competently executed but nevertheless terribly stupid forced avatar?

Nope. I guess they were embarrassed on their fellow SJWs behalf and so decided to change it to be more accurate. It's offensively bland now.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
giving someone lovely avatars/red text is definitely one of the most passive agressive things you can do on this site. why not just call them out in posts?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Because unlike a post, the avatar stays with you in every thread. It is like shaming for beginners 101.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

circ dick soleil posted:

It looks pretty unique as it is. The market isn't saturated with top down isometric shooters.
Are you sure about that? It seems like someone is farting out another top down zombie shooting game every time I look on Steam. The place is lousy with them. (I haven't played any of them either.)

VideoGames posted:

giving someone lovely avatars/red text is definitely one of the most passive agressive things you can do on this site. why not just call them out in posts?
Because a call out implies you ever want to hear from them again, or even dumber, actually want to engage them in an argument over whatever point they have that you think is so stupid. And if you're bad at arguing, you might end up looking like the idiot rear end in a top hat.

With the avatar though, as long as you don't break rules there's zero accountability.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

The Snark posted:

Bulletstorm.

Also The Witcher, This War of Mine, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Soldat and Painkiller.

All Nazis. Every last one of 'em.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Is there a preorder page up yet? Really looking forward to this

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Didn't the whole nazi thing get debunked and thats why Gaben put it back on steam.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
actually gaben put it back on greenlight because he realized it would be unfair to refuse content from one developer for their personal views when steam also has fez on it

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Ghost Head posted:

I don't know what they mean exactly by games these days being too politically correct. They are more violent and contain more sexual content than ever before.

Shooting people is innovative man, let me show you by letting you play as a psychopathic murderer

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Why didn't anyone accuse Luftrausers of being a Nazi game?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Command Ant posted:

Why didn't anyone accuse Luftrausers of being a Nazi game?

one pcgamer reviewer mentioned nazis in his review of luftrausers, then went on a rant about mras and misogyny for over a third of the article lol

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

This game looks like a big pile of dog poo poo by the way

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Great post.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

poptart_fairy posted:

one pcgamer reviewer mentioned nazis in his review of luftrausers, then went on a rant about mras and misogyny for over a third of the article lol

Professionalism at its best!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Bob NewSCART posted:

Shooting people is innovative man, let me show you by letting you play as a psychopathic murderer

Censorship is way past cool.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Fluo posted:

Didn't the whole nazi thing get debunked and thats why Gaben put it back on steam.

theyre not nazis just "far right extremists" lmao

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
The thing is, I was looking at videos of the game and other than the fact that it's a mass-murder simulator the animations seem to be really well done. Just seems like a smooth running game.

Which is unfortunate that they made it about mass-shootings at a time where you really shouldn't be making mass-shooting simulators??? Idk just seems like people are extra paranoid about this poo poo nowadays.

I get that these guys are trying to make social commentary, but the way they went about doing it is just..dumb. it sucks, because they seem like talented developers. Why couldn't they just make it a fuckin alien shooting simulator or something.

Because then it wouldn't get so much controversy press and nobody would buy it I guess. No publicity is bad publicity...

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
Launching petition to have the Hatred Devs mod alien antennae onto all of the characters to make it all OK.

Protagonist/Antagonist will now be called Gerzorbugh Male, he will go on a hrmphage that will make the streets run blue with wunshphizz.

The Snark fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 26, 2014

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Good News everyone. The game was Greenlit on Steam. That means it'll be purchasable in a few months. Can't Wait!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=356532461

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

pity reply

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Powercrazy posted:

Good News everyone. The game was Greenlit on Steam. That means it'll be purchasable in a few months. Can't Wait!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=356532461

"Won't someone think of the children".

The rage when this comes out regardless of how good/bad it is deserves some cash.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
wait a loving minute.

the blood in the game is red, despite the black & white filter??

i won't be buying this.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
It'd be really funny if this game's release coincided with Hotline Miami 2's and everyone immediately forgot about it.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

THE PENETRATOR posted:

wait a loving minute.

the blood in the game is red, despite the black & white filter??

i won't be buying this.

They're going for Sin City style apparently

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pyromancer posted:

They're going for Sin City style apparently

I hope a good game is eventually made that actually does this. I loved that style.

Also this was the number 1 steam green light game of all time based on number of votes. It will be forgotten soon.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
At this point, the meltdowns over the game getting greenlit seem to be just as, if not more than, entertaining than the game itself:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

circ dick soleil posted:

Also The Witcher, This War of Mine, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Soldat and Painkiller.

All Nazis. Every last one of 'em.

Can't talk about Polish violent games and not mention Franko: The Crazy Revenge

Nazis all the way down

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

killaer posted:

The thing is, I was looking at videos of the game and other than the fact that it's a mass-murder simulator the animations seem to be really well done. Just seems like a smooth running game.

Which is unfortunate that they made it about mass-shootings at a time where you really shouldn't be making mass-shooting simulators??? Idk just seems like people are extra paranoid about this poo poo nowadays.

I get that these guys are trying to make social commentary, but the way they went about doing it is just..dumb. it sucks, because they seem like talented developers. Why couldn't they just make it a fuckin alien shooting simulator or something.

Because then it wouldn't get so much controversy press and nobody would buy it I guess. No publicity is bad publicity...

I really don't think it's supposed to be social commentary about anything.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

circ dick soleil posted:

I really don't think it's supposed to be social commentary about anything.

Mein Kampf was social commentary, it's just that the comments it was making were hosed up and wrong.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Mein Kampf was social commentary, it's just that the comments it was making were hosed up and wrong.

Wow, that's a really good point.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
Admittedly I liked this better when it was dead on my last post, but I have to note Twitter Meltdowns over this are indeed hilarious. Funnier than the game could ever be.

Short of a controversy free mode or an ending in which it was all Nathan Explosion's daydreaming.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Archer666 posted:

Can't talk about Polish violent games and not mention Franko: The Crazy Revenge

Nazis all the way down

Man, I'd heard about this game but I didn't actually look up any videos to see it in action. The soundtrack sounds like something out of Hotline Miami, I'd bet that games like Franko were probably a big inspiration to Cactus when designing the game. Probably inspired his indie solo projects too, they all sort of have that handdrawn, crude and unfinished aesthetic to them with a lot of swearing, violence or just plain weirdness.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

closeted republican posted:

At this point, the meltdowns over the game getting greenlit seem to be just as, if not more than, entertaining than the game itself:

Hahah, holy poo poo, the salt is real. Stupid people really like losing their poo poo over awful games that otherwise would have gone unnoticed if not for all the attention they give them. People will buy it out of sheer spite and start gifting it to people just to troll them, like a rage inducing 'Bad Rats'.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
if this game is $2.50 i will troll someone with a free game

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

THE PENETRATOR posted:

if this game is $2.50 i will troll someone with a free game

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU