Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I remember it was really hard to find a copy at launch for me, but now i see them sitting on the shelf at most stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah, there's still quite a few copies at retail stores near me. I don't think anyone actually understocked except Gamestop.

When I got my Wii U at Fry's Electronics, they were sold out of Bayonetta 2. I had to go to Wal Mart to get my copy. v:shobon:v

Also is it just me or did they make witch time parrying more difficult? It's easier to parry then in Bayonetta 1, but the timing to get witch time off parrying seems stricter.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

OGS-Remix posted:

When I got my Wii U at Fry's Electronics, they were sold out of Bayonetta 2. I had to go to Wal Mart to get my copy. v:shobon:v

Also is it just me or did they make witch time parrying more difficult? It's easier to parry then in Bayonetta 1, but the timing to get witch time off parrying seems stricter.

If the window for a perfect parry it is the same as Bat Within like it was it B1 then it's actually easier. You can practically mash that dodge button and always get Bat Within, especially in the aerial fights. It's not as satisfying as it used to be either, the amount of Witch Time you get with it is pretty useless, so I don't even bother with it because hey, you can get Witch Time off of any attack in B2.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
They "fixed" the players ability to randomly mash the parry button by making the harder bosses randomly teleport behind you when they attack, it always gets me.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Ummmm... I definitely knew there was a parry in this game. :sweatdrop:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Hey, how exactly do you catch crows? I'm in chapter X and there's one on the other side of a platform but nothing I try lets me get it. I've tried sneaking up on it and just rushing it but I can't grab it in time.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Austrian mook posted:

Hey, how exactly do you catch crows? I'm in chapter X and there's one on the other side of a platform but nothing I try lets me get it. I've tried sneaking up on it and just rushing it but I can't grab it in time.

Don't sneak, just double tap dodge to go panther and barrel into them at top speed.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I figured out what I was messing up, I wasn't pressing the right button since I don't think I've ever actually seen the prompt.

Volkameria
Nov 20, 2014

Gay and grumpy

Austrian mook posted:

If I remember correctly, the crow in Chapter X is especially irritating. All other crows respawn if you mess up grabbing it and just back off a couple yards. The one of the other side of the broken bridge over the lava in Chapter X just flies away permanently until you reload the level. A little irksome.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I just got this game and have very limited experience with Bayonetta 1. I'm five chapters in and I get the dodge->Witch Time->Murder enemy horribly thing but I don't get much more about the mechanics.

In basic terms what exactly do I need to know?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So I just got this game and have very limited experience with Bayonetta 1. I'm five chapters in and I get the dodge->Witch Time->Murder enemy horribly thing but I don't get much more about the mechanics.

In basic terms what exactly do I need to know?

There's a useful technique called Dodge Offset, that will allow you to continue your combo without restarting it, after performing a dodge.
Yoshesque's video is super informative on it;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOVVmm4KOm4

A guy called Saur is also in the process of making an explanative series on the games mechanics in general:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqzztvoVngY

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 24, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Just a heads up: Platinum is teasing a Bayo-related announcement for December 25, and based on recent comments by the producer, it sounds like it may be Bayo 2 DLC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Just a heads up: Platinum is teasing a Bayo-related announcement for December 25, and based on recent comments by the producer, it sounds like it may be Bayo 2 DLC.

I'm pushing money at the screen but it isn't doing anything. Help!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Don't say poo poo like this and get my hopes up I would throw my wallet at my Wii U SO HARD

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Pesky Splinter posted:

There's a useful technique called Dodge Offset, that will allow you to continue your combo without restarting it, after performing a dodge.
Yoshesque's video is super informative on it;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOVVmm4KOm4

A guy called Saur is also in the process of making an explanative series on the games mechanics in general:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqzztvoVngY

There's a lock on button :stonk:

Volkameria
Nov 20, 2014

Gay and grumpy
So as far as gameplay goes, I just learned today that there is a distortion mechanic for popping into Umbran Climax with a hit. A lot like Devil Trigger. Wow. I feel like I should have noticed this before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihBj7EPl-Xk

Certainly impressive damage with the hammer.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

There's a lock on button :stonk:

...Do you, like, need a moment? I could get you a chair if you need it.

Volkameria fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 24, 2014

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pushing money at the screen but it isn't doing anything. Help!

Use more money!

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Turns out the Bayo-related announcement from Platinum, turned out to be generic desktop wallpaper.

Um...thanks...Platinum. :geno:

[e]:
Ah, okay, fair enough. The site I read didn't clarify that.
VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 26, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The quote from the producer in Edge magazine was "we are preparing new content for Bayonetta 2 as well, so please look for further announcements" but I guess people were jumping to conclusions when they tied it to this teaser. Oh well.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Ha, knew I shouldn't get my hopes up. :v:

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

So I got this recently and the credits seem to have bugged out on me. I get past the masked lumen credits fight then the the cards stop appearing, the credits themselves finish and the game just hangs out with background and nothing else forever. Hitting return to title just makes it go into a black screen forever. From what I've seen there's supposed to be more fights, but I get nothing.

Is this a known bug or am I missing something obvious? What should I do?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Try reloading from a checkpoint? That's definitely a bug, don't know what else to say about it.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
In Bayo 1, how do I exit the menu after playing Angel Attack? I have a menu of a bunch of lolipops and other poo poo than I can buy with AA points or with Halos, but I can't find my way out of this menu. How do I get on with the game?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So is bayo one worth playing before I start bayo 2?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Rad Valtar posted:

So is bayo one worth playing before I start bayo 2?

Yes, that's why they gave it to you for free.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Wildtortilla posted:

In Bayo 1, how do I exit the menu after playing Angel Attack? I have a menu of a bunch of lolipops and other poo poo than I can buy with AA points or with Halos, but I can't find my way out of this menu. How do I get on with the game?

If you don't want to buy anything (or lack the points to buy anything), you have to exchange them for halos.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Pesky Splinter posted:

If you don't want to buy anything (or lack the points to buy anything), you have to exchange them for halos.

Thanks! Is there a way to set lock on to toggle? I'd rather not have to hold R while fighting enemies.

Volkameria
Nov 20, 2014

Gay and grumpy

LeafyOrb posted:

So I got this recently and the credits seem to have bugged out on me. I get past the masked lumen credits fight then the the cards stop appearing, the credits themselves finish and the game just hangs out with background and nothing else forever. Hitting return to title just makes it go into a black screen forever. From what I've seen there's supposed to be more fights, but I get nothing.

Is this a known bug or am I missing something obvious? What should I do?

That's the first time I've ever heard of that. If you exit to the title during the lumen fight, you should end up back at credit fights when you continue mission, but that sounds like something else entirely.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Wildtortilla posted:

Thanks! Is there a way to set lock on to toggle? I'd rather not have to hold R while fighting enemies.

I don't think you need to use lock on at all. The pros may disagree but the autotargetting in this game is great and sufficient.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I never use lock on and I'm a PPP (pure platinum playa)

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Wildtortilla posted:

Unless they changed it in the port, Bayonettas controls are locked in and you have to deal with them as they are.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Volkameria posted:

That's the first time I've ever heard of that. If you exit to the title during the lumen fight, you should end up back at credit fights when you continue mission, but that sounds like something else entirely.

Yup, I just get blackness forever when I do that. At this point I've replayed the last chapter 3 times, once without the fox costume just in case that was the problem. I even went back to the store to exchange disks, still no dice.

At this point I have to assume the save is corrupted or something, and I never made a backup. I'm sort of resigned to starting over. I got a platinum at the Alarune and Balder boss fights first time through too. :negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

We may be getting a Bayo 3!

I've posted this a bunch but super excited at the possibility.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

drat you. I don't think my heart will be able to take it if this ends up being nothing.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm not getting excited about Bayonetta 3 because *while cool* it's also a bit of a jump based on what was said.

I will, however, be looking forward to new Platinum jams,

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Most likely some DLC.

Which is still awesome.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Maybe they're patching in support for a Bayo amiibo.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Electromax posted:

Maybe they're patching in support for a Bayo amiibo.

A Bayonetta amiibo would instantly redeem this Daisy-hating company in my eyes !

Volkameria
Nov 20, 2014

Gay and grumpy

chumbler posted:

drat you. I don't think my heart will be able to take it if this ends up being nothing.

Could not agree more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They mentioned wanting to do a 3ds thing about Jeanne years ago

• Locked thread