Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

I can say that only homos play the anime swordsmen characters.

as opposed to the epic farting man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I mean I play both, killing people with 50 second farts will never not be funny and it's fun to cover a third of the stage with a neutral A (Shulk)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

I wish Marth and Lucina were more different, or if they just replaced Marth and were done with it. Does anyone think Little Mac is a cheap character? I like using him even though his recovery is poo poo, because he got huge guts and can really mess people up as long as his feet stay on the ground. I don't feel bad about landing his KO punch, either.

Replacing Marth would make the Japanese extremely mad so that is a no go, it's annoying too because they just made Lucina worse than him instead of making them really equal.

Little Mac isn't cheap, actually it's an uphill battle against anyone who knows what they're doing because you are super easy to kill, just never ever use his side B or neutral B unless it's a ko punch and be prepared to die at 16%.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The only character I'd say is a little cheap is lucario mostly because you can be significantly better than someone and still lose because they got a couple lucky shots in at 150%

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

The only character I'd say is a little cheap is lucario mostly because you can be significantly better than someone and still lose because they got a couple lucky shots in at 150%

If that Lucario got to 150 it's on you, nobody should be going that high

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

im Nite Crew as gently caress

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

TheKingofSprings posted:

If that Lucario got to 150 it's on you, nobody should be going that high

well you say that but even watching pros play people regularly get percentages that high with relatively light characters. If the other guy is slippery enough it can be really hard to get that finisher in. Still It doesn't bother me that much.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dexters Secret posted:

im Nite Crew as gently caress

trust me, We Know

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

trust me, We Know

good, i want you to know

i want the whole world to know

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i have four amiibos now, so i can leave them to have epic battles while i watch television and come back to see who wins. i am of course routing for link, but DK, mario and fox are all serious contenders.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i don't know what nite crew is but it sounds pretty gbs so i will not be doing that, though. sorry OP.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bicyclops posted:

i don't know what nite crew is but it sounds pretty gbs so i will not be doing that, though. sorry OP.

it actually seems right up your alley

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

i have four amiibos now, so i can leave them to have epic battles while i watch television and come back to see who wins. i am of course routing for link, but DK, mario and fox are all serious contenders.

I kind of want to get one just to teach it to farm custom moves

Also how do you teach your amiibo to farm custom moves

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

palutena feels like slow limpwristed dogshit to play, someone tell me why i'm wrong and how to be less wrong

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

well you say that but even watching pros play people regularly get percentages that high with relatively light characters. If the other guy is slippery enough it can be really hard to get that finisher in. Still It doesn't bother me that much.

Yeah staying alive at 100+ is just a matter of some decent DI and the stage.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

palutena feels like slow limpwristed dogshit to play, someone tell me why i'm wrong and how to be less wrong

I got my rear end kicked by a very good one playing in a ladder once. It's hard to remember the exact details, but it seemed like you can end the first or second hit of her jab combo and then, while the other player is stunned, hit them with a smash attack.

Her aerials are good, her specials are mostly dogshit though. Learn to use her grab and do a down throw, followed by either a forward air on where they're going to land or an up smash at where they're going to be when the throw finishes.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

n-air and up-air are also both good follow ups to her down throw, up-air if you want to kill. be careful not to get owned tho. good morning.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

the last thread began with the op telling people to stop being nite crew, which i thought was funny. if people arent getting that reference though i'll just remove it.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I don't know what nite crew is and I'm not sure I want to

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Aston posted:

who fuckin cares!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Ciaphas posted:

her up-smash is good, her reflect is ok and sometimes you can gently caress up people's recovery with it.

she's definitely a lil slow and I wish that auto-reticule was actually a good move.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

autoreticle is better than people give it credit for, just don't be stupid with it (i'm stupid with it)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i'm stupid

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Would anyone like to smash, my nnid is MechaLemming

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

What if her name was Palutanea? Lol.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Pewdiepie posted:

What if her name was Palutanea? Lol.

:yikes:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Aston posted:

it's bad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

samus' neutral A combo is as bad as other M was

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

yo op, thread rules a r e poo poo.

I'll be back home and ready to smash in 2 days, and now I'm no longer handicapped by the pro controller. Get ready to game.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Is there a Friend Code thread again? I have an actual 3DS of my own now, and I want to readd imps for Pokeymans and Smashing Bros funtime enjoyment. My code is 0533-6979-7025 and I'm "Rick"

E: this means all you Smash Imps can feel free to delete "Joanie" from your lists as I won't be using that 3DS/Account anymore

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I still can't beat ganondorf or samus. what buttons do I press when ganondorf flame chokes me to avoid the down tilt

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I still can't beat ganondorf or samus. what buttons do I press when ganondorf flame chokes me to avoid the down tilt

there are certain characters that are defenseless and cant get out in time. it is stupid as hell and random

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

there are certain characters that are defenseless and cant get out in time. it is stupid as hell and random

Gonna take a wild guess and say bowser is one of them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Gonna take a wild guess and say bowser is one of them

yeah, bowser gets kicked. so do falco and metaknight. but DK, being a big slow character, can escape just fine. :psyduck:

shouldnt work on anyone IMO. you can attack, roll into ganon, or roll away from ganon, and they should be able to react to that and set up a combo. not just get a free extra big hit/kill.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

this one goes out to all my super smash sisters

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Hit It Girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010