Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

I haven't actually played REmake but isn't that what Lisa does? I figured she had to be in the game at least as much as Mr. X was in 2.

Not exactly. She ambushes you in her cabin, in the caves, and then you "fight" her in the underground altar. She doesn't follow you from room to room like Nemesis, and doesn't really pop out in as many places as Mr. X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

You do have to backtrack through the caves at least 3 times though so I guess that might be why he thinks she appears the same number of times as Mr. X does.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
There's One Dangerous Zombie, but he's only in the mansion. And I guess he doesn't actually follow you around.

He just chills out in one room until he heads to another room.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Revelations 2 is coming to Vita this Spring as a PSN download, so if you want that raid mode on the go then there it is.

Fereydun posted:

also wesker and hunk are DLC/season pass bonus characters for raid mode. hooray i guess.

Good. I legit skipped Rev 1 because I just wanted to play as Hunk in this fancy new Raid mode thing and reading that he's locked behind pretty much mastering the entire mode made me not buy it. So good job Capcom now I'll actually buy this.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

does that mean they'll be made available later? I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford Revelations 2 at full price at this stage (if this were coming out in 2016, that would be a different matter)

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Aces High posted:

does that mean they'll be made available later? I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford Revelations 2 at full price at this stage (if this were coming out in 2016, that would be a different matter)

For most games season passes are things you can buy whenever, so you should be okay. I don't know what to really expect from Capcom trying out this new (for them) pricing scheme for a full game, though.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Good. I legit skipped Rev 1 because I just wanted to play as Hunk in this fancy new Raid mode thing and reading that he's locked behind pretty much mastering the entire mode made me not buy it. So good job Capcom now I'll actually buy this.

you didn't miss anything, rev1 has insanely poor differentiation between characters because almost all melees are functionally the same and the 'perk' system amounts to little-to-none actual gameplay variation

i really, really hope rev2 fixes this

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Fereydun posted:

you didn't miss anything, rev1 has insanely poor differentiation between characters because almost all melees are functionally the same and the 'perk' system amounts to little-to-none actual gameplay variation

i really, really hope rev2 fixes this

Every character needs to have a melee that's an unique as Quint's. beep-beep KABLAM

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

well we've got Claire and Barry so that right there should be enough to justify making unique melee animations. Although I guess that should've been the case for Chris and Jill in Rev 1 and that wasn't the case :sigh:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
What are you talking about? Chris threw an uppercut, Jill did a roundhouse kick.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Let the journey begin!

I gotta get through this, and RE:R1 before RE:R2 comes out for the vita. Kind of forgot that RE6 runs pretty loving well on 3monitor setup, on a 6 year old gaming pc.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Wanderer posted:

What are you talking about? Chris threw an uppercut, Jill did a roundhouse kick.

Huh, I remember them both throwing punches for some reason. Well, I did only play reveltions once so I think that's forgivable

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I can't loving believe we get to play as Barry. The best male and female characters from the series headlining a game where they're on a spooky prison island AGAIN? And it's only $25> Sign me right the gently caress up, this owns.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Cyra posted:

I can't loving believe we get to play as Barry. The best male and female characters from the series headlining a game where they're on a spooky prison island AGAIN? And it's only $25> Sign me right the gently caress up, this owns.

Have Josh Stone be in a Mercenaries mode and it will be the best cast a Resident Evil game has had in nearly a decade.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The Dark Id posted:

Have Josh Stone be in a Mercenaries mode and it will be the best cast a Resident Evil game has had in nearly a decade.

One might even consider it LEGEND!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Dark Id posted:

God, I want Josh and Barry to have team up attacks again so badly.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
We know for sure that REsi HD is going to be a digital download in the west, has there been any announcement at all to if it'll be a physical release too?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Facepalm Ranger posted:

We know for sure that REsi HD is going to be a digital download in the west, has there been any announcement at all to if it'll be a physical release too?

No physical release in the West.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

No physical release in the West.

Pity.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Is there a goon group for Resident Evil 6? I need some Co-op/Multiplayer buddies.

edit: know what, here's my steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lambeth add me for some zombie shooting

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Dec 18, 2014

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Just add me (Lunethex_) and I'll play when I don't have absurd work hours.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Lord Lambeth posted:

Is there a goon group for Resident Evil 6? I need some Co-op/Multiplayer buddies.

edit: know what, here's my steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lambeth add me for some zombie shooting

I'll see if I can add you tonight. :zombie:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The opening cinematic for Revelaitons 2 is here.

Niel's book has the name "Thompson" at the bottom. Ark Thompson DLC sure to follow. When exactly does this game take place in the timeline anyway?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Looks like the last bastion of original VAs are gone, since Claire is no longer voiced by Alyson Court :(

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Lunethex posted:

Niel's book has the name "Thompson" at the bottom. Ark Thompson DLC sure to follow. When exactly does this game take place in the timeline anyway?

2011, so it's three years after RE5, two years before most of RE6, and right around the same time as Damnation.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Aces High posted:

Looks like the last bastion of original VAs are gone, since Claire is no longer voiced by Alyson Court :(

:negative:

If Barry wasn't in this game my excitement would've immediately dropped to zero.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Raid Mode stuff. Look at all dem character slots!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Raid Mode stuff. Look at all dem character slots!
It may just be the artwork, but Barry is slowly morphing into James Lipton in that headshot portrait.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So for some reason REmake HD is cross-buy on PlayStation but only if you pre-order.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

If you prefer to play your RE's on the PC, I'm having a contest for some RE games over in the Steam gifting thread. Prize pool includes one each of ReMake and Revelations 2, plus three copies of RE4. So if you have some cosplay pics of yourself as Albert Wesker or have a recipe for a Jill Sandwich, now's the time to produce them.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
So, I'd like to get the bonus costumes from RE.Net, and I've linked my Steam account to my account there, but when I try to transmit data from RE6, it just says that RE.Net failed to connect/was unavailable. Is this service just shut down now? I have Revelations too, but I don't feel like installing it again to try that.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

So, I'd like to get the bonus costumes from RE.Net, and I've linked my Steam account to my account there, but when I try to transmit data from RE6, it just says that RE.Net failed to connect/was unavailable. Is this service just shut down now? I have Revelations too, but I don't feel like installing it again to try that.

Just checked and logged on RE.net. Used the two Extra Tickets and I'm going to check if it went through.

Edit: The system seems to be working still.

A Bystander fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 27, 2014

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Looks like you just have to keep trying connections until it works.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
Ok so Resident Evil 6 PC just went on sale on steam, down to $9.99 (Canadian). Is it worth it to get the "complete pack" which comes with onslaught, siege, predator, and survivors modes for three extra bucks, or should I just get the base game? Does anyone play those modes, or is the multiplayer on PC pretty dead? Also, would any of those modes be even remotely playable single player?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

Ok so Resident Evil 6 PC just went on sale on steam, down to $9.99 (Canadian). Is it worth it to get the "complete pack" which comes with onslaught, siege, predator, and survivors modes for three extra bucks, or should I just get the base game? Does anyone play those modes, or is the multiplayer on PC pretty dead? Also, would any of those modes be even remotely playable single player?

Multiplayer is dead, skip the complete pack. The base game is entirely worth the price.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011

Cyra posted:

Multiplayer is dead, skip the complete pack. The base game is entirely worth the price.

Exactly the info I was after. Thanks!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster leaked. Whoops!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Does that surprise anyone? They already laid the groundwork for remastering the GC versions might as well pump out Zero and get some more of that sweet money.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

If this is legit, I will buy it most definitely.

Yeah, I love Resident Evil Zero. Always have, always will. It's got a ton of issues but I've never understood the foaming hatred some have for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Capcom are utter monsters to inflict that game on a new generation.