Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

SpikeMcclane posted:

Wizard van Falcon. That or paint up a black & gold A-wing to go with a stagecoach stickup mural on the Falcon.

I chose to go with a cubist Alderaan falcon for my wizard van. Sadly most people don't get it until you show them the Death Star part and the destruction part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Instead of painting the Falcon as a wizard van, I think I would want to just put a small miniature van on the flight stand and have a van flying around in space like the buick from Rogue Squadron.

I really want to have a tiny little Bluesmobile on a stand flying through space now.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

Instead of painting the Falcon as a wizard van, I think I would want to just put a small miniature van on the flight stand and have a van flying around in space like the buick from Rogue Squadron.

I really want to have a tiny little Bluesmobile on a stand flying through space now.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1577774/eagle-5-starbago.html?li=shop-results&materialId=60

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Oh man, that's amazing.

I'm kinda tempted to get some Snowspeeders, AT-ATs and AT-STs because I don't think FFG is going to make them. Then I need to figure out how to do an acetone vapor bath because I don't like the sandy, grainy texture of 3D printed stuff.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Carteret posted:

:shrug: I dunno, everyone would probably get a kick out of it at the stores in Raleigh :shrug:

Half the players here are the "i support the legitimate government of the Galaxy elected by the people" goatee types who spray paint their TIEs flat black and think the Rebels are unironically terrorists.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh man, that's amazing.

I'm kinda tempted to get some Snowspeeders, AT-ATs and AT-STs because I don't think FFG is going to make them. Then I need to figure out how to do an acetone vapor bath because I don't like the sandy, grainy texture of 3D printed stuff.

You might be more interested in the imperial assault game, then. The starter box comes with an ATST

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

alg posted:

Half the players here are the "i support the legitimate government of the Galaxy elected by the people" goatee types who spray paint their TIEs flat black and think the Rebels are unironically terrorists.

I don't care if the Lord Vader allegedly used his light saber on an surrendering man, Kenobi was a terrorist illegally in a Navy facility. Storm troopers put their lives on the line for us every day, they deserve our respect!

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Question: Is Epic play actually a thing? I like to think of myself as a competitive gamer, and so I'm not terribly inclined to buy models that will never hit the table in competitive play, but man those ships are sexy (especially the Raider, *sploosh*). So is Epic play actually a thing? Are there tournaments, championships, is FFG slowly pushing up the average pointage of games, etc?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Talking about shapeways, I finished my Assault Gunboat. I haven't painted in about 8 years and even when I did paint, I wasn't very good at it. This is the result:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Edit : :eyepop:

susan posted:

Question: Is Epic play actually a thing? I like to think of myself as a competitive gamer, and so I'm not terribly inclined to buy models that will never hit the table in competitive play, but man those ships are sexy (especially the Raider, *sploosh*). So is Epic play actually a thing? Are there tournaments, championships, is FFG slowly pushing up the average pointage of games, etc?

I've not seen any. It's not balanced particularly well for the huge ships. That said, any competitive gamer needs C-3PO.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

alg posted:

Edit : :eyepop:
Is that a good eyepop or a bad eyepop :v:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I'd say an impressed one. But that's just me.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Its nice to get alternatives for the Outrider. These definitely show just how over priced Autoblaster is.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

alg fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 24, 2014

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is there seriously no official Imperial Gunboat mini for X-Wing? Does FF even have plans to release one?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Is there seriously no official Imperial Gunboat mini for X-Wing? Does FF even have plans to release one?

No one knows, but considering they've mined the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games a lot for content and that they're running out of Imperial ships to release, it seems like a pretty good bet we'll be getting a Gunboat and an Avenger soon-ish. The Gunboat especially is easy to stat up.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

You know about as much as we do. They may!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

No one knows, but considering they've mined the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games a lot for content and that they're running out of Imperial ships to release, it seems like a pretty good bet we'll be getting a Gunboat and an Avenger soon-ish. The Gunboat especially is easy to stat up.

That's why I'm surprised to read and see how they haven't included a Gunboat in the game what with the TIE Defender being a playable craft and all.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

alg posted:

Its nice to get alternatives for the Outrider. These definitely show just how over priced Autoblaster is.

The Flechette Cannon will be good

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yeah, either of those two will be nice for the Outrider and it's clear that the 5 point price-tag was to allow them to release cannons like that without worrying about the price. The Mangler Cannon on Ten Numb would be nice as well.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

AndyElusive posted:

That's why I'm surprised to read and see how they haven't included a Gunboat in the game what with the TIE Defender being a playable craft and all.

If you're unfamiliar with Star Wars: TIE Fighter, all else being equal the TIE Defender at least looks more like the Imperial fighters you know than the gunboat does. I'm not surprised they went with the defender first.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Poopy Palpy posted:

If you're unfamiliar with Star Wars: TIE Fighter, all else being equal the TIE Defender at least looks more like the Imperial fighters you know than the gunboat does. I'm not surprised they went with the defender first.

They always looked like the shuttles to me. I got 'different shaped solar panels on a TIE pod' fatigue from everything after the original 3 TIE designs. At least the bomber had an appropriately different central pod thing.

And vader's ship should have been the advance. They other advances look like normal only with rotated/houndstooth wings.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I really want to steal a peek at the M3-A dial. I'm really hoping that it's gonna be a Intie/A equivalent like I'm hoping it is.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

They always looked like the shuttles to me.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that this is what they're designed to look like, unlike the Missile Boat.

Also, I will always be annoyed that FFG went with the worst possible Defender design instead of going with something that looked more like this:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

So apparently there is this.

"The suppliers have confirmed a current ship date to all retailers as 31st December, 2014."

Anyone know if there is any truth to that statement?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

No. Look at the FFG upcoming page and the current status is on the boat, so expect it in 2 months.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Got the wave 5 ships for crimmus and drat is the decimator huge

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Is there any reason to have two Phantoms? Got an extra for Xmas.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

signalnoise posted:

Got the wave 5 ships for crimmus and drat is the decimator huge

Yeah, it's priced $10 higher than the YT-2400. It's gigantic. I need to get around to buying wave 5 soon.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I like having two of each ship and it was 30% off so while I'll probably not ever run two I guess theoretically I could run both Whisper and Echo in epic play or something.

Similarly with the second E-Wing I got from a buddy for Christmas, not sure I'd run two but I'm not gonna say no to another copy of Advanced Sensors.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Sigma Squadron pilots with Stygium Particle Accelerator are pretty cheap and neat, I guess.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You either play with 1 or 4. No real in-between.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Man...i am SO HAPPY I'm starting a new job in January that will have me on a real-person work schedule. Lately I've been working evening shifts, which means I can never go play X-Wing at the FLGS. My ships haven't seen the table in weeks, I still only have 1 each of Wave 4, haven't bought either of Wave 5...had to dust off my Plano case when i moved it today...but when the new job starts, I'll actually be able to go play X-Wing after work! Build and fly some new lists! Maybe put the Tantive on the table!

smashthedean
Jul 10, 2006

Don't let dogs get any part of fish.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I've run a list with both Whisper and Echo and enjoyed it.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Probably gonna try and put some skull transfers on my friend's 'Death Curse' Tie Fighter tomorrow.

Any advise on putting transfers on these models???

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Moola posted:

Probably gonna try and put some skull transfers on my friend's 'Death Curse' Tie Fighter tomorrow.

Any advise on putting transfers on these models???

Use micro sol and micro set. If you don't the transfers won't stand a chance of conforming to the shapes on the hull.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Dark Curse is still one of my favorite pilots

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Indolent Bastard posted:

Use micro sol and micro set. If you don't the transfers won't stand a chance of conforming to the shapes on the hull.

Cheers, going to order some.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Acrylic gloss varnish first or it will gently caress your paint/not sit as smoothly.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Found randomly on BGG:

SPEED inequity or template use error posted:

So... I was going to do an animated gif
using the maneuver templates for speed
and I came to realize the large bases move more
(edit: at the same speed...)
just for being larger,
which seems wrong to me.

Unless I'm missing something fundamental, the solution would be to move the base up to the end of the template
up to the front of the base not up to the back of the base.
??
BTW, just to be clear, I think all four of those should be the same distance regardless of being executed on different turns.

:v:

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
I'll keep that in mind next time I do ten 1 Straights in a row.

• Locked thread